Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

chiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to behold

Default Unanswered: alumni membership, what is it?

I can't find this doing a search of wiki or the forums or even through webkinz itself.

My account expires today and from what I can tell it becomes an alumni membership. Trouble is, I can't get a really clear idea of what I lose by not renewing. Does anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Re: alumni membership, what is it?

Since your account expires today, you will not be able to visit the trading rooms, kinzpost gifts or have parties (using party packs from the wShop)
If you go deluxe or adopt a pet, you will get your 'full membership' back meaning you will be able to do everything you usually would
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #3

chiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to behold

Thanks. I don't trade or do parties, I think I can live without a full membership for a while. I'll hold out for an adventure park kinz I like.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #4

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by chiclet
Thanks. I don't trade or do parties, I think I can live without a full membership for a while. I'll hold out for an adventure park kinz I like.
Some of the clubhouse events are also limited to active accounts. For example, the Ms Birdy Christmas event I couldn't do on an expired account. This may also apply to the upcoming St Patrick's day clubhouse event. I also found that the Lorax gift boxes didn't appear on an expired account, though that was the first time they didn't. Previous ones did.

As for adventure park pets, if you are near a Carleton Cards store, our local store has all their Lil Kinz on sale for 2 for $5, and I picked up 2 lil koalas for my kids last week.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 03-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
Call me Submerged

Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams
Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams

View Post Originally Posted by Ritzcracker
Some of the clubhouse events are also limited to active accounts. For example, the Ms Birdy Christmas event I couldn't do on an expired account. This may also apply to the upcoming St Patrick's day clubhouse event. I also found that the Lorax gift boxes didn't appear on an expired account, though that was the first time they didn't. Previous ones did.

As for adventure park pets, if you are near a Carleton Cards store, our local store has all their Lil Kinz on sale for 2 for $5, and I picked up 2 lil koalas for my kids last week.
And the Halloween hunt in the Clubhouse is also to full members only
Old 03-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #6

Now that I am an alumni, I am wondering if the site slows down for you as well. It has never been this slow.

Don't the adventure park animals have special tags?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #7
rchurch14 is a jewel in the roughrchurch14 is a jewel in the rough

The adventure park pets do have a tag saying they are adventure park pets the estore ones give you a code like it would for a webkinz pet and you just adopt it then you can go to the adventure park and have fun
Old 03-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Autism Awareness

fishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonder

If your account expires, you will lost the ability to kinzpost, and choose your own Clubhouse room. You must then follow another friend into a room! If you get a deluxe membership, You will get to do everything you used to do. You even get some extra surprises such as a monthly gift box (not available with a 2$ membership) and deluxe daily activities tab and many more!

Good luck!
fishypuffy123 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #9
ebkinz A.my

AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay
AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by chiclet
Now that I am an alumni, I am wondering if the site slows down for you as well. It has never been this slow.

Don't the adventure park animals have special tags?
The pets that work in the Adventure Park are sometimes marketed with special tags, BUT ALL of the pets designated as Adventure Park pets will work, special tag or not. That means any Lil Kinz OR full size Pink Pony , Mud Hippo, Koala, Spotted Frog, Chimpanzee, Spotted Leopard, Pinto horse, Pink and White Cat, Bengal Tiger, Caramel Lion, Husky, Fox, or Velvety Elephant you buy with a code tag will work in the Adventure Park.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #10

Thanks, I will have to bring the list with me. I might have been able to pick up one of them but didn't realize it was an adventure park pet. I got the pet of the month instead.
Closed

Tags
think outside the [box]