Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #11
My mama says I'm
Gifted

msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Alternate way to change a thread title?

Java is a script programming language that a lot of websites use. As long as the security level of your browser isn't set too high, most people shouldn't have a problem with it not working. It's probably worth noting in the instructions, especially since we wouldn't want kids changing the security level of the browser without their parents permission. If someone does have a problem with not being able to do something beacuase of Java, you may want to suggest adding WI to the "Trusted Sites" rather than resetting the security level of the browser.
msclockart is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Here is a pic.. it just did it again..

Last edited by kellyschrvr; 09-30-2008 at 07:32 AM..
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #13
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

The way I do it is...I hover my mouse over the thread title. It will be the pointing hand. Then I move the cursor up slowly until it changes to the arrow...then double click.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Hopefully this will help a lot of folks out.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #14
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by msclockart
Java is a script programming language that a lot of websites use. As long as the security level of your browser isn't set too high, most people shouldn't have a problem with it not working. It's probably worth noting in the instructions, especially since we wouldn't want kids changing the security level of the browser without their parents permission. If someone does have a problem with not being able to do something beacuase of Java, you may want to suggest adding WI to the "Trusted Sites" rather than resetting the security level of the browser.
I'm not sure if mine is set the way it should be or not.

I still can't 'hover' at the end of my thread and double click on it. What I really can't understand though is why I can use the Modify, Go Advanced method for my GE Thread title, but not for my House title. You can see in the last few pics that it shows up in the first post of my thread but NOT the thread title. The last pic shows where I have made the changes and clicked to submit, but it still doesn't change the title.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgJava.JPG (52.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpgSecurity Level.JPG (43.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpgThread title.JPG (12.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpgModify Go Advanced.JPG (33.2 KB, 11 views)
kayembee is offline Female
Old 09-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #15
My mama says I'm
Gifted

msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

kayembee: Your security level is the same as mine at work, and the double-click works for me. What version of IE are you using? I also noticed that your version of Java is not the same as mine. I am currently using Java 2 v1.4.2 on this computer. You might want to try going to www.java.com/getjava/ to see if you simply need to update.

Last edited by msclockart; 09-10-2008 at 11:00 AM..
msclockart is offline Male
Old 09-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #16
Ballerinas are
Gifted

CatPrincess95 is a glorious beacon of lightCatPrincess95 is a glorious beacon of lightCatPrincess95 is a glorious beacon of light

Just double click your thread title - NOT the actual words, the cell area around it
CatPrincess95 is offline Female
Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #17
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by msclockart
kayembee: Your security level is the same as mine at work, and the double-click works for me. What version of IE are you using? I also noticed that your version of Java is not the same as mine. I am currently using Java 2 v1.4.2 on this computer. You might want to try going to www.java.com/getjava/ to see if you simply need to update.
I did the update and now have Java v2 1.4.2 v3. I still can't hover and double click on the title. When I try to click around the title, it just hightlights it. Since I can't seem to be able to chang the title that way...

I'd like to know why I can't change the title using Modify, and Go Advanced

---------- kayembee added 10 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------

I just used the Modify/Go Advanced to change the title of this thread from:
Re: Alternate way to change a thread title?

to:
Need help with an alternate way to change a thread title, ie: Why doesn't Modify/Go Advanced work for my house thread?

w/o a problem!

Last edited by kayembee; 09-11-2008 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kayembee is offline Female
Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #18
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Default Re: Need help with an alternate way to change a thread title, ie: Why doesn't Modify/Go Advanced work for my house thread?

Hey kay! I'm going to pm you and see if my suggestion will work.
smitchell is offline Female
Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #19
Gift Guru

marthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Level 2 
Default Re: Need help with an alternate way to change a thread title, ie: Why doesn't Modify/Go Advanced work for my house thread?

This works on the "My threads" page too! Thanks richey and smitchell!!
marthaaa is offline Female
Old 09-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #20
call me ratty!
Gifted

rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!

go to "my threads" under "my posts", which is under the in the golf cart on the banner. then double click the area of the thread u want to change (not the thread title itself though) and change it!
rattyjol is offline Female
Closed