Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #41
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Is this allowed?

View Post Originally Posted by MissTaylorMango
I think I might feel a bit offended, but I think it's alright. I know it's allowed too. I think momwhoplays is right, you should also include anything they are asking about. I know that it'd be really good to make an original, that included lots of info. Then, for each person, you could write them a small and short message welcoming them.
That makes sense!!
icecube730 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #42
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

I honestly really dislike it.
You're not even greeting the person, in my opinion. If you were greeting them, you'd take the time to write a special welcome for each peson, not a Copy-And-Paste paragraph that honestly doesn't mean anything.

:|
- Candice
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #43
Webkinz :)

♥Edward Cullen♥ is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is annoying. Most people do it just to spam and more stars
♥Edward Cullen♥ is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 09:17 PM   #44
I ♥ my family

nonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I have a pre made welcome thread I copy and paste. New members often have the same questions so it is nice to help them out.
I don't have the time to write an original message to each member. I always try to read the new member's message and comment on it. If they have a specific question, like how to update their profile page, I will check to see if someone already gave them that link.
I took time to put together unique welcome that I copy and paste. I also update the welcome sign sometimes.
I have had several members copy my welcome message including the font and color. I don't think member's should take other people's welcome message. I have had to change my welcome at least twice since August because someone copied my welcome. I don't think that should be allowed and I report them for it.

---------- nonna72 added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later ----------

I have often thought of not welcoming anymore because my welcome information was taken. I think that should not be allowed.
I don't see anything wrong with the way I welcome new members and it is kind of upsetting that so many people are writing mean comments about it and "copy and paste" welcomes. It doesn't mean I am "lazy" or don't care about new members. At least I take the time the welcome them.

Last edited by nonna72; 11-19-2008 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
nonna72 is offline Female
Old 11-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #45
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

......First of all, yes you are allowed to copy and paste welcomes....but....you can not
copy and paste *someone elses welcome message." If you see that happen, please flag the post.

......Copy and paste welcomes count as only ONE post, when you're working on the
50+ posts you need to become a Gifted Trainee.

.....Since I have always welcomed new members ( It's my favorite thing to do here)
it used to really bother me to see copy and pasted welcomes, because I personally
gave a different message to each person.....it took me alot of time, because I welcomed *each and every new member.* However, when I became a Moderator
and was so busy with those duties, I had to make a choice.....either copy and paste
my welcomes.....or not welcome at all. I chose to copy and paste and I continue to
welcome every new person coming through our Front Door.

.....Copy/pasting still takes time, but that's so much better, than not welcoming
our new members at all.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 11-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #46
icked Awesome

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

You can do it, as long as you are copying your own and no one elses, but I dont like to bc I like to personalize the msg, I personally think it makes people feel more welcome and like you are writing to them personally
Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 11-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #47
Autism Awareness

WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!

I think Nonna72 is right,it is rude to me.I once had my avvie/sig shop title copied and people filled in their usernames,I told an admin and the admin sortd it out.
WWhimsyDragon is offline Female
Old 11-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #48
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

I was so happy to log on and see all these replies!!

Very good points were made
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #49

tink my doxen is a jewel in the roughtink my doxen is a jewel in the rough

that kind of like happend to me, about 5 people did that, and i always looked under post for new poeple wit their 1,000 word welcomes, and i seen about 50 other people with the same welcome i got! i make every new person i welcome in a diff message!
tink my doxen is offline Female
Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #50

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

It is a personal preference I suppose, but it is allowed, sometimes I post something and if there are 5 of thr same thread I don't want to type the same answer 5 times, I just paste it.
a3doglife is offline Female
Closed