Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Is this allowed?

i have to agree with you there, because it WOULD just feel like you were being used for ur words.
cynthi♥
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #12
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talent
Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 

I try to make my welcome message individual and never cut and paste. However, I also try to make sure that I am not repeating something someone else has already said in a previous post, 'cause I think that could annoy someone to see the same things over and over.
Asacardimus is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by honeyluv55
Maybe Azriel has a point, but according to staff members, they said,

I know I wouldn't like to be the "fill-in-the-blank" friend, but also, if you're using that to count towards your 50 posts to become a gift trainee, if you copy and paste 50 responses, it however only counts as, one post. Maybe there isn't much wrong with this, and maybe the new members don't notice, but how much effort does it take to say,
"Hi _______, welcome to wi."?
Of course your posts will be similar, because of course, you really just need to tell them to visit the FAQ and RULES, and maybe post some links, but so they can see it's not a "copy and paste" response, you could add something like,
Where did you get your avatar?
How many webkinz do you have?
I like your username It's really creative.
or something. Everyone has a point, and I respect everyone's opinion, but this is mine
I thought it was that if you copy and paste responses, it won't count for your GT total, but if you are welcoming people for the sake of being friendly, it's allowed.

I know I often copy paste replies. If you've ever visited that section and tried to reach a lot of people, you know that it takes a very long time to type out a response, especially when they all give the same sort of advice. And, when you copy-paste them, you know you are not leaving any info out that you wanted them to know.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #14
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

That is a good point, I just remember a mod saying that
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #15
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't really bother me much, but I have noticed it frequently.
I'm not totally sure whether or not it is allowed. In regular posting, cutting and copying posts is NOT allowed. But since you're just welcoming a new member and don't want to leave any information out, copying and pasting is alright. In my point of view.
Livi is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #16
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
I thought it was that if you copy and paste responses, it won't count for your GT total, but if you are welcoming people for the sake of being friendly, it's allowed.

I know I often copy paste replies. If you've ever visited that section and tried to reach a lot of people, you know that it takes a very long time to type out a response, especially when they all give the same sort of advice. And, when you copy-paste them, you know you are not leaving any info out that you wanted them to know.
That IS correct there I might copy-paste, just the usual links and such, and then tell a little about myself, maybe ask a question or something
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #17
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by honeyluv55
Maybe Azriel has a point, but according to staff members, they said,

I know I wouldn't like to be the "fill-in-the-blank" friend, but also, if you're using that to count towards your 50 posts to become a gift trainee, if you copy and paste 50 responses, it however only counts as, one post. Maybe there isn't much wrong with this, and maybe the new members don't notice, but how much effort does it take to say,
"Hi _______, welcome to wi."?
Of course your posts will be similar, because of course, you really just need to tell them to visit the FAQ and RULES, and maybe post some links, but so they can see it's not a "copy and paste" response, you could add something like,
Where did you get your avatar?
How many webkinz do you have?
I like your username It's really creative.
or something. Everyone has a point, and I respect everyone's opinion, but this is mine
Wait, are you saying copy and pasting in the welcome section isn't allowed for your 50, or isn't allowed at all? Because I see a lot of people doing it, including mods/admins.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #18
Bill Kaulitz is
Gifted

-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold

I agree.
I really try not to make every message i send to newbies the same, so i add something unique
"Your user name is so cool!" for example
They'll see other peoples first threads, and think, "wow, she really did like my user name!"
But its also important to type in where the rules and FAQ is, so i try to word it differently every time!
=]
Great point!
-Miss-Webkinz- is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #19
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

Well, it'd be pretty much typing the same exact thing.
You have to give info, ect, so it'd just be easier to copy and paste.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:54 PM   #20
Ck the
Gifted

clearkinz2351 will become famous soon enough

From what Azriel said, it dosen't seem that bad. Good way to put it!
clearkinz2351 is offline Female
Closed