Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
GreatDee
Gift Guru

GreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guide

Default Unanswered: All XXXX'd Out on WW

I know this topic has been covered before but I cannot find the threads. When I run Firefox, I get no text on the WW log-in and adoption screens - just XXXX

Click the image to open in full size.

I can see the text when I use Netscape but I hate using it because I have a bucket of other problems with the browser, and I cannot use IE on this computer (incompatible with almost everything).

I've actually had the problem for more than a month, but I was told it would go away when I upgraded to Firefox 3. I could not do the upgrade until today - I did it, and I still have the problem.

Suggestions?

UPDATE: I was visiting my young friends today while they were adopting their new pets (blue jay and cocoa dragon - lucky girls) and I discovered I have another problem that may be related. On the newspaper front page I do not have anything in the "Webkinz Pets and their Stuff" - just an empty, unclickable box. Once again, it exists when I used Netscape.

I am suspecting my problem has something to do with the ad option one of my neighbours clicked on their kid's account when they were using my computer and that was about a month ago. I think I am going to have to contact my computer gurus (my brother and sister).

Last edited by GreatDee; 08-14-2008 at 04:21 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

skyykitten101 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: All XXXX'd Out on WW

It does that with me too but you can still sign in and stuff so it doesnt bother me and I have IE 7.
skyykitten101 is offline Female
Old 08-13-2008, 07:31 AM   #3

♥NickJonas♥ is an unknown quantity at this point

That happened to me yesterday what i dd was click on the link from Ganz's hompage then when i clicked log in the X's were gone
♥NickJonas♥ is offline Female
Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
ishing away snow
Gifted

leash is on a distinguished road

On the main page if you hit choose language, then select english, it will reset.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
KAF, my little angel
Gift Guru

mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!

Have you cleared your cache. That is what cleared it for me when that happened on some of my computers. But like others said, you can still log in and play, it is just very hard to adopt a pet.
mommamia3 is offline Female
Old 08-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
GreatDee
Gift Guru

GreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guideGreatDee is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by leash
On the main page if you hit choose language, then select english, it will reset.
Nope, this does not work. I even tired setting it to French. I also cleared everything before and after setting the language (to either English or French). Thanks anyway.

---------- GreatDee added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by mommamia3
Have you cleared your cache. That is what cleared it for me when that happened on some of my computers. But like others said, you can still log in and play, it is just very hard to adopt a pet.
Yes, I've cleared everything, restarted the computer, and changed many of my Firefox options (maybe not the right ones?). I just can't seem to get this to work.

I use the Netscape browser to adopt new pets and read any pop-ups that occur, but I can't do anything else with Netscape (arcade, trading room, rooms, gardening, ...)

Thanks for trying. I suspect the solution is so simple, and I am just being dense.

Last edited by GreatDee; 08-13-2008 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #7
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Quote:
Nope, this does not work. I even tired setting it to French. I also cleared everything before and after setting the language (to either English or French). Thanks anyway.
I think that would be your problem. When you clear your computer, you are clearing the data that tells Webkinz what language you are supposed to be set it. Try choosing the language, without clearing any of your data. Good luck!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 08-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #8
Gift Guru

Skydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to all

oh that happens to me, but then in a second it switches back to letters.
Skydreamer is offline Female
Old 08-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

Try using this loader page -- and save it to favorites to work with: Mine is an older version I think and always had the xx unless I use this one.

http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?...ser&aol=0&fs=0
Old 08-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #10

lgr626 will become famous soon enough

It did that to me the other day, but I was still able to fill in my user name and password. Then the next time I opened my browser to log in it looked like it was supposed to (the xxx's were gone). I'm not sure exactly why it happens but as long as I can still log in I don't really care lol.
Closed