Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
I'm waddle
Webkinz :)

waddlewebkinz is just really nicewaddlewebkinz is just really nice

Angry Unanswered: All of my threads are closing!

I can't stop asking the question, why are my threads closing? All I have left is my Magical retriver club that no one ever goes to. If there is something wrong with my threads, why don't the mods or admins just delete it? Who cares if no one comes to my thread. Someone nice may come comment on it someday. Can't I just have a chance? I mean, I might just quit WebkinzInsider if this keeps happening. It happened to my friend before too. People kept visiting her threads and they deleted them all! I just don't understand. Why are millions of threads being closed randomly every day just because it was open for two days and no one came to it? I really don't think this is approite. Also, whenever someone is banned for even two weeks, all their threads close, then when they get back on, they have no threads open and have to make them again. I do understand that, because when your banned, you can't use your account. So that means you can't answer your threads. But why don't they just open back up when their not banned? And I hope this thread dosn't close or get deleted either because I think I have a point. I really don't understand and hope you agree too. Please comment about this and if you don't understand or if you agree and what not. Please.
waddlewebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
e can all be
Gifted

soccerchaos14 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: All of my threads are closing!

Don't quit is my first response. if they were about someone else than that happens, it happened to my friend. but if they just keep on closing don't worry! instead of making all these threads you could make more posts. you look like your really close to 1000. and why don't you talk to the mods or admins. they could probably tell you. i hope i could help.

Again DON'T quit please! they are threads.
soccerchaos14 is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Threads close due to inactivity, so if they have not been posted on for 2 weeks, they get closed. If my memory serves me correctly,I think I read that they are closed so that it is easier on the server. If your thread was closed for another reason, you can PM a mod and find out why. If your thread is closed due to inactivity, all you have to do is ask for a moderator to re-open it.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
koolkidz1985

maddiroxx1985 will become famous soon enough

ok here are some reasons:
your threads need to be very interesting and popular. no one likes boring threads.
make an eye-catching name. That is the first way people want to see your thread.
paragraph your thread. makes it seem shorter than too long.
oh and every day post on your thread. keeps it running.
maddiroxx1985 is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by maddiroxx1985
ok here are some reasons:
your threads need to be very interesting and popular. no one likes boring threads.
make an eye-catching name. That is the first way people want to see your thread.
paragraph your thread. makes it seem shorter than too long.
oh and every day post on your thread. keeps it running.
I don't think that's true! My threads are boring and my titles are simple but they don't get deleted although they do close due to inactivity.

Also, posting on you own threads just to keep it up is called BUMPing and it's illegal on WI. You can only BUMP in the GE.

1. It closes for inactivity but just ask a mod (politely) to reopen it.

2. It gets deleted if there are alot of the same types of threads. Remember that you should always try to find you answers in another thread before you post a new one...it saves space on their severs not to have a bunch of duplicate threads. Alot of times they just can't go and delete all the duplicates but some threads they will say specifically that there can be only one and will enforce it more. For instance, Clubs, there can only be ONE club for each topic... all others will be deleted. Same for the new Twilight Movie, there is only one thread, all others will be deleted.

3. It gets deleted if the topic is inappropriate. WI is not a wonderful place by sheer coincidence. It is a great place to be because the mods and admin try their best to make sure this is a safe and fun environment- if you've ever been on another forum you will know what I mean. It's horrible. Even when I was reading on a new mother's forum, everything boiled down to who was a better mother. Horrible! WI makes sure people are not mean and the threads are non threatening.

You don't have to have your own threads. Out of my 1000+ post, 30 of them are my threads.. the rest are post on other threads.
Definitely ask a mod why your threads are being closed. They are super nice so don't be afraid to PM them.

Last edited by Azriel; 11-22-2008 at 02:00 PM..
Azriel is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

on a thread, if nobody posts for 2 weeks, a mod will close it.
x pookie x is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #7

ZingozandZangoz has disabled reputation

All my threads are closing too but threads close after a few weeks. One time (actually 2 times) my thread closed before anyone posted comments!

---------- ZingozandZangoz added 8 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Azriel
I don't think that's true! My threads are boring and my titles are simple but they don't get deleted although they do close due to inactivity.

Also, posting on you own threads just to keep it up is called BUMPing and it's illegal on WI. You can only BUMP in the GE.

1. It closes for inactivity but just ask a mod (politely) to reopen it.

2. It gets deleted if there are alot of the same types of threads. Remember that you should always try to find you answers in another thread before you post a new one...it saves space on their severs not to have a bunch of duplicate threads. Alot of times they just can't go and delete all the duplicates but some threads they will say specifically that there can be only one and will enforce it more. For instance, Clubs, there can only be ONE club for each topic... all others will be deleted. Same for the new Twilight Movie, there is only one thread, all others will be deleted.

3. It gets deleted if the topic is inappropriate. WI is not a wonderful place by sheer coincidence. It is a great place to be because the mods and admin try their best to make sure this is a safe and fun environment- if you've ever been on another forum you will know what I mean. It's horrible. Even when I was reading on a new mother's forum, everything boiled down to who was a better mother. Horrible! WI makes sure people are not mean and the threads are non threatening.

You don't have to have your own threads. Out of my 1000+ post, 30 of them are my threads.. the rest are post on other threads.
Definitely ask a mod why your threads are being closed. They are super nice so don't be afraid to PM them.
She's right. All those reasons are very good reasons for why threads close so soon. Thank you for the super tips. Now I know why my name shop shut down so soon.

Last edited by ZingozandZangoz; 11-22-2008 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
Gift Guru

becky423 has disabled reputation

Don't quit!
They automatically close after 2 weeks of no new post.
Don't take it personally, it's just how the site works. After 2 weeks your thread closes. It's happened to me before a lot.
becky423 is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 02:30 PM   #9
Ck the
Gifted

clearkinz2351 will become famous soon enough

1.If a thread hasn't had anything posted in two weeks it gets closed.
2.It could be because there has been too many threads about the same topic.
3. Sometimes it's about a topic not appropriate for WI.

Just don't quit. Repeat DON"T QUIT! Not really worth it...
clearkinz2351 is offline Female
Old 11-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #10
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

I agree with you! I had this amazing theard of new webkinz I created on paint, and one day it was gone! I have no idea why! This should stop. I also wish we can close are own threads. I want to close threads that I don't need any more but we can't anymore!
Amymt is offline Female
Closed