Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   age? are you allowed... (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/age-you-allowed-359567/)

dreamb9708-01-2008 05:49 PM

Re: age? are you allowed...

ok i guess we cant(the mods just posted)

kbug908-01-2008 06:13 PM

i dont know who is on this site..i am not saying anything bad but u somethins just an trust people.....soo i would not do it if i were u because u dont know everyone in the world..hope i helped....bye

larkrose08-01-2008 07:36 PM

Another couple of things to add:

1. Don't post past ages. For instance, if you say, "I didn't get to go to the beach until I was 10", everyone now knows you're over 10, so don't do that.

2. Parents, please don't give your children's age, either.

08-01-2008 08:09 PM

ok, thanks

sn0wwhite08-01-2008 08:16 PM

i recommend that adults don't post their ages either because sometimes kids see adults do it and think it's ok for everyone.

i have seen private polls where there is an age range, and that would be ok but most of the time people post their ages then anyway and so it has to be shut down.

-Lilypad08-01-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larkrose (Post 9497872)
Another couple of things to add:

1. Don't post past ages. For instance, if you say, "I didn't get to go to the beach until I was 10", everyone now knows you're over 10, so don't do that.

2. Parents, please don't give your children's age, either.

I understand that this is the rule, and that we have it for a reason, but I disagree with it. If I were use the example of when I was 10, most people can tell with how I type that I am over ten.

That being said, I still respect the authority, and will follow the rule, and I will go through and edit my posts where I have done that.

obsessive08-01-2008 08:27 PM

Oh, I didn't know age groups or school types were allowed. I posted that a long while back, my school, so yeah...

Sorry!

Jazicat08-01-2008 08:33 PM

I think not posting private information on the internet is the best advice anyone can give. Age doesn't matter because there are bad people who will use that information in ways that can hurt me even as an adult. Also one of the reasons I love this site is because it works so hard to help and keep all of us safe.

Angel Kinz08-02-2008 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynalot (Post 9494743)
For your safety you should not post age... or age group....

Remember that anyone on the internet may have access to whatever you post online so please post safely :)

I agree that we should post safely and that we can never be too safe.... but

1. Should we flag a post if we see someone say I'm a teenager (which I've seen before)?
2. What about the posts referring to school or school activities? That will sort of give you an idea about that person's age group

bestmathgirl08-02-2008 05:48 AM

You are not allowed to post your age unless you are 18 or older.