Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #11
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Default Re: Is it against the rules to buy on Ebay?

View Post Originally Posted by steppinsteph
My son wants me to buy him a Webkinz account he saw on Ebay, but I told him I think I read somewhere it's against the Webkinz rules. I guess mostly I don't want him to spend all of his money on the account, either, but he's convinced me to let him do it. I just think there's something about Webkinz closing the account if they know you bought it? Or is that a rumor?
Well, most likely here is what that account really is. (It's a scam)

Someone writes down one of the codes to the account and then goes and sells it. Your son buys it, and now the original owner can change the password. I wouldn't do that at all.
Galfam is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

Lunagrrl defies all odds
Lunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all odds

Donation Award 

It's against Webkinz's rules to buy an account or virtual items from WW for real money. It's probably a scam, anyways. (:
Lunagrrl is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
hants to be a GT!

Sassynsweet is a jewel in the roughSassynsweet is a jewel in the rough

It is definitley against the rules.

If he wants to spend his money, he should spend it on an actual webkinz.
Sassynsweet is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

I would just buy a webkinz instead... I believe it is against the rules.
Kayfookey is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #15
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

I don't know I think it is.
But I wouldn't do it either way.. xD
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #16
hy not live 4 God?
Banned
pommiemommy is a name known to allpommiemommy is a name known to allpommiemommy is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
I am almost certain it is against the rules and I am surprised that Ebay is even allowing something like this to be listed since I heard quite a while ago that Ebay cracked down on listings of virtual items that had to be delivered via kinzpost. Buying an account like this is risky, too, because there is nothing to stop the seller from going back on the account and taking things since the seller would have pet code. I would tell your son not to do it but to spend his money on webkinz to make his own account.
View Post Originally Posted by TheFlamedance
Couldn't have said it better. Something sounds fishy here...
View Post Originally Posted by lilhorselover
I agree with Marnabear. I believe it is against the rules.

It's risky, also. You never know if the account is even a real account or not, if it has all the items on it they say it does, ect. ect.
View Post Originally Posted by DragonsFly
It is not against the rules to buy an unused CODE on eBay or even a physical pet but strictly virtual items (which an account would be) is against the rules.

Plus as marnabear said it is too easy for them to take the account back since they have all the secret codes and the name and birth date the account was created under...
View Post Originally Posted by stormypanda
View Post Originally Posted by Arte's Fan
Personally I wouldn't do it even if it was ok to do, which I don't think it is as far as rules go. I would rather by solid webkinz items like webkinz themselves.
View Post Originally Posted by Galfam
Well, most likely here is what that account really is. (It's a scam)

Someone writes down one of the codes to the account and then goes and sells it. Your son buys it, and now the original owner can change the password. I wouldn't do that at all.
View Post Originally Posted by Lunagrrl
It's against Webkinz's rules to buy an account or virtual items from WW for real money. It's probably a scam, anyways. (:
View Post Originally Posted by Sassynsweet
It is definitley against the rules.

If he wants to spend his money, he should spend it on an actual webkinz.
View Post Originally Posted by Kayfookey
I would just buy a webkinz instead... I believe it is against the rules.

It is against the rules. Plus, if they are selling the account, they will know the password. Even if your son changes it, they have all the pet codes. They can easily scam you. Here are the steps that probably will happen.
  1. Sell it
  2. NO changes password (NO=New Owner)
  3. OO gets on "forgot password", types in user, types in a code, scam done. (OO= Old Owner)
OR
  1. He never gives it when you pay
Old 04-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #17
ow, Proud to be a

CrazyLlama is just really niceCrazyLlama is just really nice

Against rules, I would not do it
CrazyLlama is offline Female
Closed