Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
Zeb
ant a Platypus
Webkinz :)

Zeb is a name known to allZeb is a name known to allZeb is a name known to all

Default Unanswered: Adoption room placement

I read that "You will receive a free medium room with the first 10 Webkinz pets that you adopt" - and after I adopted my second, I did get a free room, but it wasn't placed where I would have liked it in my overall "floorplan." I know there isn't any way to move a room after it is in place, so my question is: Is there a way to have a new room placed in a certain spot when doing a new adoption? ie - Is the new room placed adjacent to the last room you occupied before the adoption....? Or is it completely random?

~Zeb~
:snake:
Zeb is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

Default Re: Adoption room placement

unfortunately, for your first ten pets that new free medium-sized room goes in a random spot. And often in the very spot you don't want it to!
So a couple pieces of advice, hold on to your rare wallpapers and floorings (if you want to put them in a room that does not have a door on one side) and after you adopt your first ten and any additional rooms you purchase you get to choose the location, you can shuffle around your room themes so they're in corresponding rooms.
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 05-05-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
Gift Guru

Learned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I have heard it goes towards the "center of mass" of your layout, but I don't know if that is correct or not. This is the reason all my extra pets are on an account I don't really decorate, and my decorating account only has one pet.
Learned Hand is offline Male
Old 05-05-2009, 06:09 AM   #4
We want a giraffe

shellbell is a jewel in the roughshellbell is a jewel in the rough

I agree with CrystalFlute......

I remember hating that when I was new.....I couldn't wait to hit #10 to stop getting the rooms.

Wait to do too much decorating that really means a lot to you until you have 10.

I wish we could rearrange them and make some of them bigger.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

When you adopt a pet, the room is placed somewhere random, but when you buy a room you can choose where it goes
Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #6

meerkat1123432 is on a distinguished road

You cant choose where your room will go or a pet
meerkat1123432 is offline Male
Old 05-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

Unfortunately you cannot choose where those free rooms go. I don't usually do anything except put beds and a bit of other furniture in there and I don't bother putting wallpaper or floors in until after I stop getting the free rooms. The free rooms come in different colors so you can usually find something that goes, though my little account has 3 blue rooms and one purple one so far. I did buy a garden and put a pool there, because I find that I can get the health and happiness up fast by letting the pet swim and it's easier than giving it a bath.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 05-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
Zeb
ant a Platypus

Zeb is a name known to allZeb is a name known to allZeb is a name known to all

Thanks everyone, that is pretty much what I was afraid of - I guess I started decorating and house planning too soon, lol.

I only have the one account, but I am seeing more and more advantages to having a secondary one, especially if it's in one of the other time zones...

~Zeb~
:snake:
Zeb is offline Female
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

I wish we could pick where to place the new room
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 05-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Sorry, you can't move or pick where you put free rooms. If you want to do something special with the way your rooms are lined up or with your room themes, ´┐╝my advice would be to wait until you have more than 10 logged webkinz. Or, you could always contact Ganz and see if in any way they could move your rooms. If you are in very dire need, than it could just happen!
Closed