Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
Lyn
lynscritters
Gifted

Lyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Adopting POTM as 30th pet doesn't work

Has anyone else adopted a POTM as a pet that would earn a special pet bed? I adopted a Bulldog on January 1st as my 30th pet on one of my two accts and expected to get both a special pet bed and a POTM loot bag. I did get the bed, but no POTM bag. Had I known, I would have adopted another pet as the 30th and done the Bulldog as 31st instead. I emailed Ganz and got the following response which claims they will not do anything to help. I feel really gypped. I bought the Bulldog just for the POTM prizes, not for the bed. Has this happened to anyone else?

I had given detail in my email to them regarding the adoption of the Bulldog and the fact it was the 30th and that I received the bed but no POTM loot bag. I got this generic form letter that really didn't address my individual problem. I've had many customer service issues in the past and have not gotten resolution, so I was not surprised, just very dissapointed. I adopted a Bear and it flashed up that one of my prizes was an undersea window, which never made it to my dock. I found all of the charms in the charm forest but never got a tierra, I don't feel it would cost them that much money to give us the prizes we have earned, or at least a monetary or wish token colselation prize, but they just keep falling back on their user agreement that says we agreed to use the site the way it is. I have 58 active pets between my 2 accts, charms, figures, have bought boxes of cards, spent WAY too much money, and feel very sad when their customer service blows me off.
Hello,

Thank you for your question regarding missing or lost items/Kinzcash.

While it is not a regular occurrence, missing items/Kinzcash can be

caused by a momentary ‘hiccup' in Webkinz World. First, please try to log

out of your account and then back into your account. Missing items have

been noted in accounts that may have items stored improperly (items

blocking doorways, overloading rooms excessively with items). For more

information on how to store items and decorate rooms correctly please

refer to the Webkinz Guide, which can be found in the 'Things to Do'

menu once you log-in.

Please be advised that, as stated in our User Agreement, the website and

all materials contained on it are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available'

basis, without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Any

lost or missing items resulting from a minor anomaly on the website will

NOT be awarded. For more information please refer to the User Agreement

located on the main Webkinz homepage.

We are aware that sometimes technical problems do arise while using the

website and we continue to address these issues. Our technical team works

very hard to not only fix problems as they arise but also to make sure that

once an issue is identified and fixed, it does not reoccur.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused

Thank you,

Webkinz Customer Support
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Adopting POTM as 30th pet doesn't work

Ugh Ganz makes me soo mad!
I'm really sorry that you didn't get your superbed... I'm not sure what you can do about this if Ganz won't listen...
Old 01-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

CALL them, place an actual CALL to them. They will remedy this. They KNOW it happens. 1-866-WEB-KINZ. Don't be afraid of them. They will help The letter is a generated response and it does nothing. If you get a REAL person on the line they will help. Leave a message and they will get back to you, but don't let it go for too long or they won't be able to retrieve the information. By the way...I TOO learned the hard way...do NOT adopt a POTM when you are due for a Superbed, it skews the distribution
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Lyn:

Adopting POTMs on the 1st of the month is often a problem - so there may be more to the issue than it is your 30th pet.

The missing Tiara happens a lot too.

That generic email is what everyone who has a problem gets - but don't give up - if you call Customer service you have a much better chance at resolving this. Most people who persist eventually do get the tiera and often something in place of the loot bag.

Talk to a live person and if you don't get one that is helpful ask to speak to a supervisor.

Ganz number for problems: 1-800-724-5902. Press 0, tell the operator (live person if during business hours) that you are having trouble with your webkinz account, and you should get connected to another live person who can solve your problem.

Here are tips on calling Ganz:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-t247012.html

Here are tips for POTM loot bag problems:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...g-t435468.html

In the future wait a few days before adopting a POTM - and check on WI to make sure adoptions are going smoothly first.

Good luck!

Last edited by Jarrah; 01-03-2009 at 12:38 PM..
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
Lyn
lynscritters
Gifted

Lyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, I will call them again. I did call them yesterday but could not get through to a person, just got a message to go sent an email, which I'd already done. I did not hit "zero" though.

I adopted a Bulldog to my other acct on the same day and she was given a POTM loot bag (she was not due for a superbed).

In the future I definitely will not adopt a POTM when I'm due for a superbed, and also won't adopt on the 1st of the month just to be on the safe side.

I'll call again on Monday and let you guys know if they offer any kind of resolution.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
Webkinz :)

mrstigger is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it safe to adopt the POTM today ?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
Gifted

pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

So much for Customer Support. That doesn't even HELP you. They tell you "Buy your POTM and get special gifts!" That's false advertising, is it not?
pianolover is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
Call me Yana or Miki
Gifted

mikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of light

UHH... I hate the cumstomer support also!
They never do anything about ANYTHING!

Yeah, it IS false advertising....
mikilaapplep is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #9

Allrighty has a spectacular aura aboutAllrighty has a spectacular aura about

So sorry to hear about your problems. It can be very frustrating. I would definatly call them. They usually try to be very helpfull. I think someone sent you the wrong auto reply. I have called in the past with a potm problem and they have even let me pick the gift I want to help make up for the inconvience. Don't give up without talking to someone live. Good Luck!
Allrighty is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #10
DiscoDad is an unknown quantity at this point

My son just adopted his POTM, and he didn't get the special items, but then he logged off, logged back on, and the stuff was there. Just another one of their million "minor anomalies." I can't believe that Ganz responded like that to you, but then again I wouldn't have expected much better from them. It's frequent glitches like this, made much worse by lousy customer service, that are the reason why retailers near me are now selling Webkinz for $6, and why I can buy retired pets months after they've been retired. Add in many of the changes to WW that I don't appreciate, like getting rid of the Trading Card game, Webkinz Supermodel, Farming Frenzy, Quizzy's WhizKinz, Jazz Monsters, etc, and my kids are simply losing interest.

I hope that you eventually get some satisfaction from Ganz.
Closed