Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Katey ate mah
Webkinz :)

Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!

Default Answered: Adobe Photoshop help!!! ♥♥♥

Hi everyone,
I could use a little help. You see, I use Adobe Photoshop CS2 and I use it to make all my avvies and siggies and stuff on WI. Well, I've been using it for a long time now, and it's always worked great and the graphics have always showed up well here, but just recently I noticed it changed. My graphics show up perfectly in photoshop, perfectly in my documents, and they even show up great if I post them here. But if I upload them as my avvie or siggie or background or whatever, they turn out really blurry. Did something get changed in my photoshop settings? Or is this just a change in WI’s settings and there’s nothing I can do about it or what? If anyone could help me out at all, that would be great. Thanks everyone!!!

~Jenbug~
Jenbug12 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Jake
It has to do with the sizing and KB of your images. I know .GIF images have smaller KB, so try saving everything under that file if it's for WI.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: Adobe Photoshop help!!! ♥♥♥

I use photoshop as well, and have never experienced that problem...

Are you making them in a higher resolution on photoshop and then reducing the size prior to uploading? That is the only thing I can think of off hand that would change the appearance...
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 09-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
Katey ate mah

Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!Jenbug12 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
I use photoshop as well, and have never experienced that problem...

Are you making them in a higher resolution on photoshop and then reducing the size prior to uploading? That is the only thing I can think of off hand that would change the appearance...
Hmm... I don't know. My resolution is normally either 100 or 72. I'm currently using 100 for resolution. As for size... I don't know. I do all different sizes.
But I've always used those resolutions and I've never had a problem until now, so yeah.

Last edited by Jenbug12; 09-17-2009 at 03:03 PM..
Old 09-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

hmm...I'm kind of stumped..Perhaps if you post an example of the problem it will help me figure it out..I'll be gone most of this evening though-Good luck! I know how horrible it is when something doesn't work the way it is supposed to..we'll see if we can get ya up and running again!
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 09-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

It has to do with the sizing and KB of your images. I know .GIF images have smaller KB, so try saving everything under that file if it's for WI.
Jake is offline Male
Old 09-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #6

Lunagrrl defies all odds
Lunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all odds

Donation Award 

The limits are as follows:

Icons - 48.8 KB
Sigs: 29.? KB

If your file is larger than these, they automatically get resized, and turn out blurry sometimes.

You can save for web (not sure if it's in cs2), and save as gif, then reduce colors until it is proper size. You can also save as .jpg and reduce quality until it is of proper size.

Hope this helped.
Lunagrrl is offline Female
Old 09-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Katey ate mah

Man, why didn't I think of that!?!?! It was the KB. I totally forgot to check that. Thanks SO much everyone!!!

~Jenbug~

Last edited by Jenbug12; 09-17-2009 at 05:00 PM..
Closed