Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
sniffindaisies
Gifted

sniffindaisies will become famous soon enough

Exclamation Answered: Adobe flash player script error messages- help!

Hi. I'm hoping someone can offer me a solution to a very annoying problem I've been having for a couple of years. When I log onto Webkinz, I get the same error message every time:

"A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

I click no. Clicking yes halts the login process so I can't get into the site at all.

This script issue makes WW run in EXTREME slow motion for me. For example, in the weight lifting class, literally TWELVE seconds tick by for every one that passes on the countdown clock in the game. The weights move in slow motion accordingly. I stopped gardening because it takes too long. Even opening Kinzpost letters is a chore because I have to sit and wait for the letter to verrrry slowly open before I can read it. And so on.

If someone could offer some technical advice, I'm all ears. I've invested a LOT of time and money into this account, and I'm very tired of fighting with it.

I'm sure it matters that I'm on a Mac, because I never have this problem if I use my mom's PC. I've upgraded my flash player. It's the same no matter which browser I use. (IE, Safari, or Firefox)

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have for me.
Best Answer - Posted by KeyLargo
View Post Originally Posted by rodsbaby
i have over 125 pets on one account with 60 some rooms and no problem i have 467 items in my dock, i use to do that script thing though , i went to adobeflashplayer.com, updated everything there and have never had a problem so far that has been about 5 months ago. so try that, i hope it works for you!
You haven't updated since then? Do you have version 10? The latest one {some were Beta} is version10.0.12.36.

Also Flash 10 has not been compatible with 64-bit computers.
{To determine if you have 64-bit or 32-bit Vista you would open System information window by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System. Under System, view system type; that should indicate whether you are running 64-bit or 32-bit Vista software.An Adobe rep said that they would be introducing a new version that will be compatible with Vista 64-bit machines over the coming months. According to Adobe you would need to uninstall it, download the zip version for version 9 and unzip that file to your desktop, reboot. {You will also probably have to delete a bunch of files off your desktop from that install as well, yes.} This could be the problem some {if any} of you are having IF it is actually in your computer. In my case I am not running 64-bit Vista on new laptop and am not running 64-bit on the other {as it's running XP anyway}. When I upgraded Safari {and to some version of Flash through that upgrade automatically} it did go cross-platform {the Flash upgraded/switched over to the version for Safari when loading to Safari, IE, FireFox, etcetera}. I have not gotten an error lately in the way I did before {script error etc.} however I am having multiple other problems -- most likely most of these problems are server related to my specific account as the flash may have been a slight problem but overall only affecting that one account still leads me to believe that the source of the error{s} with that account are in their server and such.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Adobe flash player script error messages- help!

That is very weird. I always use my Mac and I don't have any problems for it (currently). Safari and Firefox work fine on WW for me. Is your laptop/computer a little bit older?
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
mdnash
Gift Guru

Icicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to all

Hrmmm.
I'm really not sure what's wrong.

Maybe try uninstalling adobe and then downloading and reinstalling it again and see if that helps.
Icicle is offline Male
Old 02-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
sniffindaisies
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
That is very weird. I always use my Mac and I don't have any problems for it (currently). Safari and Firefox work fine on WW for me. Is your laptop/computer a little bit older?
It's about four years old... It's a powerbook G4. Webkinz world is literally the only thing that runs slowly on it. Thanks for the input!

---------- sniffindaisies added 3 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Icicle
Hrmmm.

Maybe try uninstalling adobe and then downloading and reinstalling it again and see if that helps.

Thanks, Icicle. I'll try it.

Last edited by sniffindaisies; 02-09-2009 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
mdnash
Gift Guru

Icicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to all

Okie Doke.
LMK if that works for you, and if it doesn't then I can research some more if someone else hasn't done so already.
Icicle is offline Male
Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by sniffindaisies
It's about four years old... It's a powerbook G4. Webkinz world is literally the only thing that runs slowly on it. Thanks for the input!

---------- sniffindaisies added 3 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------

Thanks, Icicle. I'll try it.
4 years is sort of old in computer years. Do you maybe have too many things saved on there? Try backing it all up and getting a new hard drive, or something like that. I understand if you don't want to spend the money unless you have AppleCare.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #7
sniffindaisies
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Icicle
Hrmmm.

Update: After logging in and out a couple of times onto webkinz world, your idea seems to have helped, at least some. I gauge the speed of the site by the clock in the weight lifting class, which was twelve real time seconds to every one on the countdown clock in that class. Now it's consistently seven seconds to every one. So, it at least helped a little. I actually dug up my poor petrified plants in my garden.

Still open to suggestions for further improvement... excluding the purchase of a new hard drive. That would probably help, but I'm going to try to exhaust all the free options first!

Thanks everybody!

Last edited by sniffindaisies; 02-10-2009 at 01:35 AM..
Old 02-10-2009, 03:32 AM   #8
Webkinz :)

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Wow, and I thought WW ran slowly for me - weightlifting class is nice and easy for me, since it is so slow, even on level 10 which I just reached, but it's not that slow - maybe about 3 or 4 real seconds for each game second. A few months ago I used to get that same message on occasion, but not recently. I'm not sure that it went away because of anything I did. After there were some major server upgrades before Christmas WW started running much better and faster for me. My gauge was that I was able to do cooking class again, which I had not been able to do for some time (unfortunately that timer never slows down!) What does help for me if I'm having a "slow" day is clearing my cache; I try to do it at least once a week. I use a program called Ccleaner (free download) which clears all your cookies, history, empties recycle bins and all that other stuff. Another thing that affects my speed on WW is time of day. From mid afternoon to around 8 or 9 pm lots of people are on WW and it runs more slowly for me, so I try to do my gardening late at night (I'm a west-coaster, so really not that late) or else before noon.

And by the way, my computer is much older than yours; at least 6 or 7 years... Hopefully you'll find something that speeds you up.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 02-10-2009, 03:37 AM   #9

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

I had an update yesterday while trying to log into WW It said the version of Adobe was no longer compatible. I was hesitating but decided to just do it and It seems to work better now. try the regular maintenence, delete cookies etc the see if that helps if not try to update flash player.
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 02-10-2009, 04:06 AM   #10
bethn42
bethn42 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this problem for my large acct for half of 2008--tried everything ie uninstalling/reinstalling/ even removing some programs--finally got a new PC a couple of weeks ago and no probs now--my older pc just couldn't handle the Adobe 10 update. My friend is Mac and started having the same prob--she now has to use safari for her large webbie acct. Sorry you are having this prob--it can be quite annoying.
Closed