Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
orchid7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Adobe Flash Player Problems

I have tried everything under the sun to try to download the adobe flash player but...IT WON"T DOWNLOAD...therefore, I can't get into WW.

Does anybody have any idea what I can do? Is there an alternative flashplayer? It simply won't download into my computer!

THank you
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
grumpy2112
Gift Guru
grumpy2112 has a spectacular aura aboutgrumpy2112 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Adobe Flash Player Problems

Have you tried to download directly from Adobe at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/? They have instructions here http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp.../instructions/ as well.

This is the only flash player I am aware of. If there are others, there is a good chance they won't be 100% compatible and WW probably would not work well, if at all.
grumpy2112 is offline Male
Old 01-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #3

Yes, I have tried that numerous times. I have tried to install...then uninstall...arrrrgggggg..nothing is working.

This is driving me nuts.

If anybody has had this problem before...how did you solve it??

Thank you for your help though.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
grumpy2112
Gift Guru
grumpy2112 has a spectacular aura aboutgrumpy2112 has a spectacular aura about

What exactly happens when you install it? Do you receive any error messages?
grumpy2112 is offline Male
Old 01-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
Gift Guru

ouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to behold

I have not experienced this problem before-and I also do not know of an alternative flash player.
Perhaps it is the computer or website. Try to download it after a while, see how it goes.
Good luck
ouscream is offline Female
Old 01-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #6

bababa9999 is on a distinguished road

Whoa....I have the same problem. Mine showed up on Monday morning of this week. Everything you've written is the exact problem that I have on my desktop. I am able to enter WW on my laptop.
bababa9999 is offline Female
Old 01-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

Could it be that you are not the administrator on the computer? You may be locked out of installing programs. All you have to do is go in the the Admin log on and you should be able to do it. Also make sure your firewalls are all up to date. I find that they will block any access for installations if things are not updated just to make sure you don't get any viruses. It won't care that you are installing a trusted site. It can be frustrating but as my latin teacher always says, "Such is life, but still we love it".
Azriel is offline Female
Old 01-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #8

View Post Originally Posted by Azriel
Could it be that you are not the administrator on the computer? You may be locked out of installing programs. All you have to do is go in the the Admin log on and you should be able to do it. Also make sure your firewalls are all up to date. I find that they will block any access for installations if things are not updated just to make sure you don't get any viruses. It won't care that you are installing a trusted site. It can be frustrating but as my latin teacher always says, "Such is life, but still we love it".
I am not sure. This is my home computer...I have installed and uninstalled many things on it with no problem. Should I uninstall the AVG protection I have right now? Or disable the firewalls on it? If I am the sole user of this computer...aren't I the administrator?

It just won't download...I will try to disable the firewalls...brb.

Thank you.

---------- orchid7 added 10 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

OMG!!

I figured it out!!

I disabled my firewalls for a few seconds... then I went to Tools... Manage Ad ons...and clicked on disable or enable ad ons and clicked enable for the Adobe Flash Player one..

Went back to the Adobe website and abracadabra... it downloaded!!!

THANK YOU ALL for your help!!

Last edited by orchid7; 01-22-2009 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

sometimes it something so simple...glad you figured it out. i have automatic updates, so i am keep up to date.
miss spots is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #10
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

Ha ha ha! I'm so glad it worked out.
Azriel is offline Female
Closed