Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

GrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Angry Answered: Adding links and other "special" things

I am a little bit technology challenged!!......I didn't grow up with computers and I have no longer have my better half to explain patiently to me how to do things...(I am a widow)...so I could use some help because I want to be a better member so that I can one day be accepted into the Gifted Program....here are my questions...

1) How to I post a link?

2) How do I get a sentence to stay under my posts? (right now I have to type the same thing every time)

I want to have the Rules and the FAQ link posted on all my posts.....I have other techno questions but I figure I better try and do 2 at a time until I get the swing of things...(-:

Thanks so much for any help.....and please remember I am Really dumb when it comes to this....)-:.......but I do so want to get better........(-:

GK~

*****Please remember to follow the Rules and read the FAQ**********

Last edited by Webberlily; 09-14-2011 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: removing red ink
Best Answer - Posted by Nereid
It looks to me like you are doing pretty well, GrammaK - I see you changed your avatar! You should be proud of yourself; many people who didn't grow up using computers don't even try to learn to use them! I just wanted to add that an easy way to add a link is to go to the web page you want to link to, left-click once in the address bar at the top of the screen (it should highlight the address), then right-click, scroll down and left-click on 'Copy', then when you are ready to add your link in your post or whatever left-click again, scroll down and right-click on 'Paste'. Voila! Best of luck to you and hope you make the gift exchange!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
nothing

akoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicness
akoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Adding links and other "special" things

Hello Gramma!
I can help with question 2. I take it you are talking about a signature? If so.... Up top where you see the WI banner, if you look to the left below the banner, you see user cp, your user control panel. Click on that. Then click on edit signature. You can add what you like there, and it will show each time you post.
akoolaunt is offline Female
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Hi there!
For your first question, all you need to do is copy the URL of the site you want to link, and click the little globe. Just paste your link there, and it should work.
If you are wanting to make clickable links for your signature, without the entire URL showing up, here is a great guide:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-siggy-201659/
Akoolaunt has already answered about the signature
Hope this helps!
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 09-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
ants to move doors!

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

It looks to me like you are doing pretty well, GrammaK - I see you changed your avatar! You should be proud of yourself; many people who didn't grow up using computers don't even try to learn to use them! I just wanted to add that an easy way to add a link is to go to the web page you want to link to, left-click once in the address bar at the top of the screen (it should highlight the address), then right-click, scroll down and left-click on 'Copy', then when you are ready to add your link in your post or whatever left-click again, scroll down and right-click on 'Paste'. Voila! Best of luck to you and hope you make the gift exchange!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

I'd just like to clarify that computer skills are not a prerequisite for acceptance into the GE.

I had very patchy computer skills when I first joined WI.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 09-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #6

GrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Thanks sooooooo much for all the awesome answers!!!......it will be hard to pick a "best" answer, that's for sure.......

I do want to learn how to be better on the computer........i have a granddaughter that still thinks I am awesome....even on the puter......I'd like to keep that admiration and also be able to help her be the best that she can be......my husband had her on his lap in front of the computer since she was born.....and she does pretty well for her age...but of course I would think that, shes my ray of sunshine!!........(-:

I'm glad to know I don't have to be a computer whiz to make GE......but I have been frustrated since I think I am doing everything required and still have to keep reapplying.....so I just have to do more.....and I will especially with this kind of help!!!

Thanks again!!

GK~

*****Please remember to follow the Rules and read the FAQ*****

PS......hope fully my next post will have a link and a signature!!!
Closed