Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Lil Kinz
Necosi is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Adding a friend?

Hey y'all, I'm new to the site. I bought myself a Webkinz and created an account because I enjoyed playing on my daughter's, but I'm having trouble getting us to add each other as friends. I've ensured we were both in the same zone and was able to get in the same room, but nothing is working. When I pulled the communicator up and added her, I got the message that she had too many invitations pending. So we went on her computer and sent an invitation to me, but I never got a message. I've received pop-up messages from others but got nothing when she sent the invite.

So we deleted some friends from her list and I tried sending an invite again, but got the same message about too many invitations pending. Tried re-sending the invite from her account to mine and got the message that she already had an invite to me. Where is it? We've been all over the site and can't see any pending invitations. What are we missing?

Thanks,

Hambone

:fp:
Necosi is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
smk
Gifted

smk is just really nicesmk is just really nice

Default Re: Adding a friend?

I am not sure, cause you don't have to be in the same zone to add someone (or even be on at the same time) You have to add people to your kinzphone for trading on here. Sometimes there are temporary problems.

Are you trying to become friends while in the clubhouse? If so I have never done it that way.

I turn on the kinzphone and then I click add then type in the username. That sends them a friend request. If they are logged in at the time, they will not see it until they log out and log back in again. Likewise, if they accept your friend request, you will not see the pop up until you log out and log in again. If this helped good, if it confused you more, let me know.
smk is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

Thats odd.
Once you send a friend request, the other person recieves it andd either accepts or rejects it.
If she does nothing with it, then it pends.
Maybe she befriended you by accident.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
smk
Gifted

smk is just really nicesmk is just really nice

Oh and by the way, Welcome to Webkinz Insider. I see that you are new. I hope that you have a lot of fun on Webkinz and on here. This site is very helpful and the people are great. You will find that there are a lot of parents and adults on here.
smk is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
Lil Kinz

Thanks for the responses, y'all. I was on a PC and she was on a laptop right next to me, so I was watching everything both ways. She didn't get a pop-up from me at all (so no opportunity to befriend me) and I didn't get a pop-up from her. I thought maybe it was the browser or a setting, but then got an invite from another player. It's got me stumped. We tried logging out and back in to re-generate the pop-up but... nothing.

Are the invitations stored somewhere that I'm not seeing?

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I was definitely glad to see other adults on here. My wife likes to tease me about it (especially when I went out and bought one just to have an account of my own; the toy itself went with my daughter's collection, but I took my time to ensure I got one that most accurately represented my personality). I was starting to think maybe I really was being silly about all this...
Necosi is offline Male
Old 01-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
hite n Fluffy Love!
Gift Guru

calabelle is a creator of wonder
calabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wonder

Hey Welcome! Ok the reason why you are not getting the pop up is because after you send the friend invite to your daughter, she has to log off and log back in to get to it to accept it, and then you have to log off and log back in to see her name on your phone. I know it's weird but that is how it works - logging off/on is like resetting your kinzfone. Hope you can get it!
calabelle is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
Lil Kinz

Bleh, that's not working either. Could it have anything to do with being on the same IP? Do any of you have friends added that are on accounts in the same house?
Necosi is offline Male
Old 01-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
Webkinz :)

AlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightAlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

I like to befriend users when they are at my house. I go on my own account and send them a friend request, then log out. Then they go on their account and accept the request. This is done on the same computer until after we are considered friends on the KinzPhone. Then he/she goes to another computer and we play together. Try that, it makes for accurate timing and such. Hope you figure it out!
AlohaWebkinz is offline Female
Closed