Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
Gift Guru

jadiebeans is a name known to alljadiebeans is a name known to alljadiebeans is a name known to all

Default Unanswered: Accounts being closed?

I just got an e-mail from a friend with a link that had an article saying that Ganz in closing any accounts that have the WW ids of people on a particular website (gets starred out if I say it) in their phone. People from ****** are selling WW items (virtual) for cash and Ganz apparently wants to stop this so they are closing their accounts as well as people who have contact with those accounts. Is there any truth to this because I am very worried! I deleted any contacts I had in my phone but I'm sure they have records... could this even be true?
jadiebeans is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
e love Red Sox!
Gifted

yazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant future

Default Re: Accounts being closed?

Hmmm this is interesting. I had not heard of this. I can't imagine they would do that without posting some sort of notice on their Webkinz Newz site. I would think it's possible people could have friends on their list that they didn't realize are involved with something bad. Know what I mean? My guess is there is more to this story. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to contact Ganz directly about this. I will be interested to know what else can be found out about this!
yazkitty is offline Female
Old 10-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Yes, this is true.

Many of my friends that have collected priceless over the years from WKW have been banned for receiving items that have been duplicated in trades

Justin is aware of this and is waiting for an official announcement from Ganz. Meanwhile I'd delete people off your Kinzphone that you don't know, don't go to the trading rooms, and just don't trade for a while.

*edit*

An admin or mod will probably close this thread saying that this is not true until a statement from Ganz is issued. I can assure that it IS true and people are losing their accounts because of this.

You don't have any way of finding out whether or not you have a duped item in your account, so just lay low for a while if you trade a lot.

Ganz will be investigating accounts with a lot of duplicates of "priceless" items and will be looking at the Kinzpost histories of accounts.

(This information comes directly from a trusted adult that emailed Ganz regarding this issue and many other members inquiring about this got the same answer as well.

Last edited by Dogluver620; 10-22-2009 at 11:06 PM..
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 10-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
Gift Guru

jadiebeans is a name known to alljadiebeans is a name known to alljadiebeans is a name known to all

Oh man... I am still worried! I deleted the person from my account... and I only trade on here (just became gifted) but I do have some items now... don't want to talk about it because I don't know what is allowed and what isn't (outside of WI, in terms of Ganz policies)... not sure what to do

Thanks for letting me know though, I'll figure out how I want to handle it. At least I only have a few items from said person
jadiebeans is offline Female
Old 10-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by jadiebeans
Oh man... I am still worried! I deleted the person from my account... and I only trade on here (just became gifted) but I do have some items now... don't want to talk about it because I don't know what is allowed and what isn't (outside of WI, in terms of Ganz policies)... not sure what to do

Thanks for letting me know though, I'll figure out how I want to handle it. At least I only have a few items from said person
I don't think you have much to worry about Most things traded here at WI aren't too big, and Ganz are only really looking for people with a lot of priceless items right now. Trading at WI should be okay. Just make sure to delete people that you don't know or remember just in case.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 10-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

If anyone has a concern about their personal account, they should contact Ganz directly. Let's not speculate about the bannings of accounts that we are hearing about second-hand. That's how rumors get started. --FIA
Jennielou is offline Female
Closed