Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #31
Halloween(:
Gifted

webkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Account Hacked

Send all your good stuff that hasn't been taken yet to like your account or something so the hacker can't get it. Send a little like apple or something to each person on your friends list and when you get the already send this person something message, you've got them! Then, you can call Ganz and they will terminate the other account. Serves them right for hacking into your daughters accounts. So sorry this is happening
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #32
Webkinz :)
lily679 is on a distinguished road

UPDATE: well it appears that maybe a "friend" did "permanently borrow" some codes that my daughter had in her room that had come off of some pets, and that's how friend was able to access accounts. Pretty sure that's the case as I've been in the accounts this morning uninterrupted (while they are at school).FORTUNATELY... haven't found any rare's that were sold, just rooms redecorated, new rooms added, and lots of stuff bought. The Ganz lady was awesome, changed account usernames, and was able to check that nothing had been kinzposted except what I had done as a test. So I guess this will be chalked up to a good lesson learned, We will definitely remove all code tags and put them under lock and key, and tell no one usernames ect... I am glad it appears that it's not a keylogger scare (PHEW). Thanks to all for your wonderful advice and support.

Webkinz luvers are the best!

ps... and they didn't even take care of the gardens GRRR
Old 08-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #33
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by adrkmfdm
Hmm if someone can keep changing it then they have had access to the codes. You need a code to reset the password. Do you know if anyone else has access to the codes? I would say there is not too much you can do until tomorrow. If she has any rare items can you send them to another account? To find out who it is you can send a package to everyone on her phone. The person whose account says they have already gotten a present today is the hacker. Try this now. If they sent out stuff today that will find them. Then they will probably be banned by ganz.
View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
I'm so sorry this is happening.
I've called Ganz before when my account was hacked and they said that they won't replace lost/stolen items, cause it's our responsibility to make sure no one sees our password or secret codes.

If you want to find out who is taking your stuff, send each person on your friends list a small item, and if you get the "You have already sent this friend a gift today..." message, and you really didn't, at least you'll know who took them. Good luck! Hope you catch them, and IMMEDIATELY delete them off your list!
View Post Originally Posted by bookworm12
i'm sorry you could do muliple things

a- change your password to something cmplecated

B- make a thiredccont nd send mose valuables to it and heres a trick also go to the trading room w/ your self

C- send a gift to each friend and see wich has aleady been sent to (as some pple said before me)

hope this helped d isosorry
View Post Originally Posted by ICanHasWebkinz?
Hi,

Sorry this happened. My "friend" gave me a pet code and she still had it (the code), so she used it to get in and take everything good, like my R&G Gem tree! Did someone recently come to her house, or give her a pet code? I would also try what DotDotDuck said, send a gift to everyone and if it says you sent to someone even though you know you didn't, actually DONT delete them, because GANZ can track KinzPost. Call GANZ tomorrow and tell them everything you know. They cannot track trading, so if they traded her items into some other account, GANZ can't do anything about it.
View Post Originally Posted by Princess_Starr.
I am so sorry that your daughter's account is being hacked. I'd call Webkinz up again but earlier and try to talk them into helping you out. Also try changing the password to something that the person will never find out. Has your daughter ever told anyone she knows her password or secret code? You should ask her, maybe she'll have some extra information with you.

By the way, looking through posts I see a lot of people have offered you advice saying to send a small gift to each friend to see which friend has already been sent a gift. That advice is great as to you'll be able to see who has been hacking your account. Then right away delete that person and report their username to Ganz!
View Post Originally Posted by mhig
I am very sorry this is happening to you.I don't have any advice except call GANZ or email them.If they reset the password twice that means that they might have a secret code.Did you notice anyone new on your friends list?If so you may have found your hacker.But if I was hacking into someone's account I would delete my name so they would haveno way of figuring out who I am.Again, very sorry!!
They, would probably
View Post Originally Posted by webkinz005
Send all your good stuff that hasn't been taken yet to like your account or something so the hacker can't get it. Send a little like apple or something to each person on your friends list and when you get the already send this person something message, you've got them! Then, you can call Ganz and they will terminate the other account. Serves them right for hacking into your daughters accounts. So sorry this is happening
OK, most of you are assuming that scammers are very dumb people who can get away with anything. Not saying that I'm a scammer or a bad person, bt say if you were to rob a bank (Not really, of course) you'd learn everything that you can to make sure the person can't catch you. That's the point. They can easily send your friends somehting to make you think it's them, or delete you on your friends list. The tracker thingy might work, but if they delete themselves? A person whose no longer on your friends list. You'd know you were being scammed, but since the items are gone, it wouldn't matter anyways. Separate accounts are a good idea, but I would recommend an estrore code so you through away the little piece of paper. And make sure no one could know you have this account. On the other hand, the scammer would probably know you'd send the little apples, and he could easily send some to some friends, or all your friends. He could take all your rare items. If he know more accounts, he could send items to those and send to himself. It's a very long process, but spparently some people have no life to scam young kids of their items. What WW can do without...

View Post Originally Posted by lily679
UPDATE: well it appears that maybe a "friend" did "permanently borrow" some codes that my daughter had in her room that had come off of some pets, and that's how friend was able to access accounts. Pretty sure that's the case as I've been in the accounts this morning uninterrupted (while they are at school).FORTUNATELY... haven't found any rare's that were sold, just rooms redecorated, new rooms added, and lots of stuff bought. The Ganz lady was awesome, changed account usernames, and was able to check that nothing had been kinzposted except what I had done as a test. So I guess this will be chalked up to a good lesson learned, We will definitely remove all code tags and put them under lock and key, and tell no one usernames ect... I am glad it appears that it's not a keylogger scare (PHEW). Thanks to all for your wonderful advice and support.

LOLz, why should they? Anyways, I'm glad everything is back to normal. And it's surprising the lady was any help, lolz
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #34
Is Quite Indubitably
Gifted

xanadu324 is a splendid one to beholdxanadu324 is a splendid one to beholdxanadu324 is a splendid one to beholdxanadu324 is a splendid one to behold

I'm so glad it wasn't anything scary horrible requiring a new computer or something! I cannot believe that a "friend" stole from her. I'd talk to her mother/father about it. Honestly, maybe it was a 1-time thing, maybe it wasn't. Starts out with pet tags, then it's candy from the grocery store, etc...

Maybe I'm just paranoid...
xanadu324 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #35
Gifted

ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!
ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!

Good to hear that your account is "fixed".
GANZ was very helpful with me too when that happened.
ICanHasWebkinz? is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #36
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

It sounds as though at least the friend did not take anything so you are lucky. The people at Webkinz are usually very nice and I am glad she understood your situation and changed the user name for you. Now keep those codes safe!

I do have my codes out in view, but no one who comes in my office would know to take them. No children around and the adults aren't interested.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #37
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

I believe my daughter's 2 webkinz accounts have been hacked into. I thought the password error message we've gotten for 2 days was just a glitch. Tonight we reset the password, realized a bunch of kinzcash was gone, lots of new purchases, ect and then all the sudden we were logged out. Tried to go back in, and once again the password error, probably had been reset again by hacker. I tried to call Webkinz phone number, but of course it was after hours. Does anyone have any hints or ideas of what we should do? I'm just afraid that by the time I get ahold of them, the accounts will be very destroyed.
my daughters account was hacked but Ganz was called Asap and they found out who it was and fixed our pasword,also they might have a secret coode of your,so just be on the look out,also you could sell a bunch of things or send 'em to otr account.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:00 PM   #38

maxima1 is a jewel in the roughmaxima1 is a jewel in the rough

Maybe do a virus scan? Some virusses make people login in/put personnal info and it also gets sent to the hacker. I turned on my cousins computer, and a virus popped saying "Hacker/Virus/265_-- " or something like that.
maxima1 is offline Male
Old 08-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #39
Kinzville

It is good to know it is all fixed, but yes I cannot stress enough of how important your original pet code is, the first one you adopt to open an account. These really should be put away under lock and key, and tags after first initial to start up account is no big deal. But the only way to change information like they did is by original pet code, So everyone makes sure these are kept away maybe even ask your parents to file for you under something unsuspicious. Or something like that.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #40

kbugsmom will become famous soon enough

this is just horrible. i hope you got everything cleared up.
kbugsmom is offline Female
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, hobos and tacos