Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 AM   #21
Im Done 'Wif
Webkinz :)

Princess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud of

Default Re: Account Hacked

I am so sorry that your daughter's account is being hacked. I'd call Webkinz up again but earlier and try to talk them into helping you out. Also try changing the password to something that the person will never find out. Has your daughter ever told anyone she knows her password or secret code? You should ask her, maybe she'll have some extra information with you.

By the way, looking through posts I see a lot of people have offered you advice saying to send a small gift to each friend to see which friend has already been sent a gift. That advice is great as to you'll be able to see who has been hacking your account. Then right away delete that person and report their username to Ganz!
Princess_Starr. is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2009, 03:26 AM   #22
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

Smile Re: Account Hacked

I remember being hacked twice in '07. Make sure you change your password (Maybe your username if nessesary, that is what i did.) And keep your codes hidden. I keep mine in a toy locker you need a key to open. Otherwise i throw them out, only keeping one of them hidden. I would also try contacting Ganz through phone. Hope this helps!
celinab123 is offline Male
Old 08-26-2009, 04:05 AM   #23
Is Quite Indubitably
Gifted

xanadu324 is a splendid one to beholdxanadu324 is a splendid one to beholdxanadu324 is a splendid one to beholdxanadu324 is a splendid one to behold

It sounds like someone added a keylogger to your account. If you DL any games/music...pretty much anything, or go to websites (even if you accidentally type hotail.com instead of hotmail.com for example) the keylogger gets installed. They can see everything you type, hence why they have the new PW the second you change it.

I'd consider doing a system restore to about a week/week and a half ago and run disk cleanup, and a virus scanner, see if that doesn't solve your little problem.
xanadu324 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 04:07 AM   #24
Im Done 'Wif

Princess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by xanadu324
It sounds like someone added a keylogger to your account. If you DL any games/music...pretty much anything, or go to websites (even if you accidentally type hotail.com instead of hotmail.com for example) the keylogger gets installed. They can see everything you type, hence why they have the new PW the second you change it.

I'd consider doing a system restore to about a week/week and a half ago and run disk cleanup, and a virus scanner, see if that doesn't solve your little problem.
Is it possible to get a keylogger from clicking on an ad, or is just from mistyping a site's address?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:08 AM   #25
Is Quite Indubitably
Gifted

xanadu324 is a splendid one to beholdxanadu324 is a splendid one to beholdxanadu324 is a splendid one to beholdxanadu324 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Princess_Starr.
Is it possible to get a keylogger from clicking on an ad, or is just from mistyping a site's address?
Yep, clicking ads will do it too, esp. if the ad was a "fake ad" because of the virus
Old 08-26-2009, 04:09 AM   #26
Is Quite Indubitably
Gifted

I'd also see if maybe someone at Ganz could log into your account,and see if when THEY change the PW, if it logs them out...not sure if they can do that or not, but it's worth a shot
Old 08-26-2009, 04:14 AM   #27
Im Done 'Wif

View Post Originally Posted by xanadu324
Yep, clicking ads will do it too, esp. if the ad was a "fake ad" because of the virus
OK. Thanks for clearing that up.
Looks like all my paranoia pays off in the end, I shall continue not clicking on ads. Those evil little keyloggers will never get me. xD
Old 08-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #28

bigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to all

If what you are saying is that all the codes are hidden, is there a chance that you daughter has accidentally given one of here pets the code as the pets name? I did it once, or, is here username one of the codes? I have seen that before.
bigfireball is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #29
uvs Bieber Fever and

neon♥green has much to be proud ofneon♥green has much to be proud ofneon♥green has much to be proud ofneon♥green has much to be proud ofneon♥green has much to be proud of

I am so sorry that that happen. Maybe you should write to GANZ. I once lost my bunny ears. . .
neon♥green is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 07:18 AM   #30
Mhig

mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!

I am very sorry this is happening to you.I don't have any advice except call GANZ or email them.If they reset the password twice that means that they might have a secret code.Did you notice anyone new on your friends list?If so you may have found your hacker.But if I was hacking into someone's account I would delete my name so they would haveno way of figuring out who I am.Again, very sorry!!
mhig is offline Female
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, hobos and tacos