Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

SometimesJosie is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Academy Graduation, no 'Secret Surprise'?

My cheeky cat, Oliver, just graduated level 10 of speed class at the Academy. I should be one of the first, since I've been playing every day from the beginning, and I don't think I ever failed speed (unlike agility, grrr), though I seem to remember it crashing once or twice. Anyhow, my other pets did reduce the number of speed classes they need to take - level 4 reduced from 20 to 16, level 5 from 25 to 20, level 8 from 40 to 32, level 9 from 45 to 36, and level 10 from 50 to 40; I don't have pets in the other levels.

However, I have found no sign of the 'secret surprise' that is supposed to be unlocked at the end of level 10. Nothing happened when I graduated (other than getting a new set of comments from Ms Cowoline), nothing went into my dock, nothing appeared when I took Oliver back to my room (as with adoptions), and there are no new actions in that panel. Clicking on the picture of the level 10 badge didn't do anything either. Has this happened to anyone else? Or has anyone received the 'special surprise,' am I missing something? I guess I'll see if anything is there in the morning, or arrives by Kinzmail, or anything else unexpected tomorrow, before I contact Ganz... or maybe I'll wait to see if anything happens when my hippo Walter passes level 10 of strength in another couple of days.

Also, for anyone else who might be confused as I was at first, I figured out that reducing the number of classes won't cause any of your pets to skip to the next level, but after you do one more class in the level they were on, they will have automatically completed classes in the next level to make up the difference. For example, my bear Maurice had one more class to complete in level 9, so he had completed 44. Level 9 was reduced to 36 classes when Oliver passed level 10, but Maurice still had to complete that last level 9 class, then his report showed that he had been credited 9 classes in level 10.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
webbie whonk!
Gift Guru

webbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Academy Graduation, no 'Secret Surprise'?

Wow, you probably are one of the first as I haven't heard of anyone graduating yet. Did you just do it today? If so, wait till you can go in tomorrow and see what happens. You got to level 10 on every class, right?
webbiemum is offline Female
Old 06-13-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
webkinz_forever

I think you need to pass everything for the certificate.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:16 AM   #4
gylphling
Gifted

Gylphling is just really niceGylphling is just really nice

Congrats on your achievement! I hope you get everything straightened out and get the reward you earned. Great job!!
Gylphling is offline Female
Old 06-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
is a wacky

tyrenwick is on a distinguished road

according to the guide you ARE supposed to get a special surprise. also did you know only ONE of your pets has to complete the class(es) for ALL of your PETS to use the action? it will save you lot's of money! unless you just like the classes
Attached Images
File Type: jpgacademy.jpg (68.0 KB, 60 views)
tyrenwick is offline Female
Old 06-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
Farglesword

Farglesword is on a distinguished road

Maybe Ganz never expected anyone to be persistant enough to complete any of the classes so they never made the surprise. After all, assuming it was made for younger kids, would they have the patience to go all the way to the end? The ones I know sure wouldn't

Speaking of surprises.....
Check this out!
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e-t319034.html
Farglesword is offline Male
Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 AM   #7

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I was reading another thread somewhere where people were posting how many classes they had to finish to complete a class, and most had a few weeks worth of classes left. Yours is the first completed class I've heard of. Congratulations! You should get the attention of a staff member. Perhaps you'd make it on the front page.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 06-13-2008, 01:55 AM   #8

diamond0203 is a jewel in the roughdiamond0203 is a jewel in the rough

Tyrenwick posted a pick of the guide. You see i says "Completing the 10th level of any Basic Course (and the 5th and10th levels of any Talent courses) will unlock a special surprise. Have you completed the proper levels?

---------- diamond0203 added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

I didn't see you mention any talent course in your first post.

Last edited by diamond0203; 06-13-2008 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
diamond0203 is offline Female
Old 06-13-2008, 06:57 AM   #9

mayas.mom is a jewel in the roughmayas.mom is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations to you! How terribly disappointing to not get the secret surprise. I've been waiting for that info for so long now, and still no answer to the mystery. I do hope you receive what you are entitled to, and I would certainly contact Ganz over the next few days if nothing appears. Congrats again!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #10
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

I have no clue.. :/

Congrats on graduating, though!
Jake is offline Male
Closed