Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Unanswered: [SOLVED] Stolen account

Last weekend my boyfriend's daughter had trouble logging on to her account. We're pretty sure that a so-called friend copied her secret code off a paper in her bedroom and changed the password. We've obviously reset the password ourselves, but if she has that code she can keep changing it also. Anyone have experience with this? Is there a way to change the username? Or is there another way to stop someone from resetting the password even with the secret code?
shell4 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Re: Stolen account

if the friend has the secret code and her user name, i would call ganz to ask for their assistance. i don't believe there's any other way to prevent the "friend" from continuing to change the password otherwise.
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 01-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
melventuri
Gift Guru

Melanie_V. has a spectacular aura about

It's so sad when you see kids taking advantage of other kids. Especially when they're "friends" supposedly. I imaginge Ganz sees this all the time so hopefully they'll have a standardized mechanism to deal with it.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

cheerychick is an unknown quantity at this point

On the Webkinz customer support page there is a page to request changing your username. It says it is only for specific reasons.

(I checked into this when my then-10 year old told her 5 and 6 yr old siblings they had to pick LOSER names instead of usernames and they chose ****08 and ****16).

The reasons they list is inappropriate usernames or personal information in username. Technically I fell in the first category, but by the time they responded the kids thought it was funny and kept them .. I digress..

MAYBE you could say you fall into the 2nd category?

Either way; filling out the form will only cause you to wait another week or two hear from them AND they may or may not accept your reasons; since that short form is just that...a short form.

BUT, here's the catch...EVEN if you change it; please note there is another form you can fill out in customer support requesting your username if you "forget it". You only need your code and date of birth to get the username.

The point there being that even if you get Ganz to change the username, if this little "friend" is persistent they could find a way to get the new username, as long as they have access to an email account.

Anyway, just some things to think about.

I would suggest calling them directly; if you get no response; send several emails to support@webkinz.com and fill out 5 or 6 of those forms.

You will get LOTS of emails back telling you that your request has been submitted and telling you to please not re-submit the same problem because it may cause a delay...BUT, in my experience with them, the more emails you get; the quicker you get a call back. That may change, but this was just in the last few weeks I sent tons of emails one after the other and finally they started calling me.

Hope something in here is useful for you.

Sorry that happened to you. We have also had interesting experiences with "friends" and webkinz.....
Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, we're hoping his ex will talk to this "friends" parents and resolve it in some way. If we're not satisfied with that or if we have further password changes not made by us then I will contact Ganz.
shell4 is offline Female
Closed