Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
hy am I STILL a
Webkinz :)

london is just really nicelondon is just really nice

Thumbs down Answered: * on post?

i was typing about my new club, My DOg Farts A lot club and when i was done a couple *s popped up where i said a word. I know it means i said something i shouldn't have but i didn't!!The same thing happened at my shop i was typing in a name and when i was done i saw the *s again.!!! it was a name not a bad name!! So i had to go back and fix it by clicking modify!

:el1::bdog: You are so cute!!
london is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by ClaraZ25
It just means that your word is not allowed. It doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad word it is just a word you can't use. For instance many websites are not allowed to be posted so the system stars out the name of the website.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Default Re: * on post?

Some words are starred out. Maybe there was a glitch, but probably it is just that WI does not want to have some words on the site. Maybe your word was one of them...
Galfam is offline Male
Old 10-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

Some words may not be what we think of as a "bad" word, but they get starred out because the staff would prefer you not use them. If you think it's questionable, you could always shoot a PM to one of the staff, although you may not get an immediate response
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

It just means that your word is not allowed. It doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad word it is just a word you can't use. For instance many websites are not allowed to be posted so the system stars out the name of the website.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 10-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

All bad words,whethrer we think of them as "bad" words are starred because they can hurt feelings or be inaprpriate that's why some people put hat.e,it's h-a-t-e but it has a dot so people can still se it. It's not something that you should use but you can.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

That happens mostly because the name of the word must be Innapropriate or Not Allowed. That's why most websites spell out *s, When you say an Innapropriate word. You should PM A Mod/Admin right away, If this is needed.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
ontonwekly
Webkinz :)

wontonweekly is a name known to allwontonweekly is a name known to allwontonweekly is a name known to all

If I were in that situation, I would close the club because it may end up in a heap of trouble with a banned account.
wontonweekly is offline Male
Old 10-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

Some words are just considered a "bad word", even though they might not be. You can try PMing a mod or admin and asking them about this. Good question!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

I think the word probably isn't allowed, but not a bad word. You can try asking a mod/ admin about it
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

It seems like your question was answered, so just a word of advice: don't edit it back. Just change the wording and everything should be fine. Also, the type of club you mentioned may not be allowed at all anyways.

Good luck!
Kayfookey is offline Female
Closed