Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
Call me Rose
Webkinz :)

keen1girl is a glorious beacon of lightkeen1girl is a glorious beacon of lightkeen1girl is a glorious beacon of light

Exclamation Answered: **URGENT** Puppy is poisoned

**Our puppy got into some chocolate, and it's made him really sick. He keeps vomiting. We have no medicine on hand and our dad won't call the vet.**

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP HIM?

Additional info:
He ate it a couple hours ago, he's vomited twice (a LOT for such a small puppy, it seriously worries me, it was almost as big as his entire body), it was mostly milk chocolate, I'm not sure how much he weighs but he's a 9-month-old Miniature Schnauzer puppy, and I can't get my dad to call the vet or animal hospital.

Last edited by keen1girl; 12-26-2010 at 12:44 AM..
keen1girl is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by copycat123
You NEED to call the vet, and poison control might work, I'll start looking online for more things.
But more is, call the vet your self, ask the vet to make a house call. DON'T SURF THE WEB!! THATS WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR!!! Help your puppy!

Here is something from Dog Eating Chocolate - What To Do If A Dog Eats Chocolate
"Do NOT wait to see if your pet will be okay. After two hours of eating the chocolate all of it has passed out of the stomach into the intestines for complete absorption into the body. Call your veterinarian for recommendations. Most will recommend you bring the pet in so vomiting can be made to happen and supportive care can be given as well as monitoting of the pet for signs of toxicity and symptomatic treatment if needed."

CALL THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL!!

Quote From Why Dogs Cannot Eat Chocolate - And What to do if They Do
"It is also important for dog owners to have an emergency kit on hand, and to make sure that the emergency kit contains activated charcoal. Activated charcoal is a fine powder that has the ability to bind to many different kinds of poisons, making it an essential part of any pet emergency kit.

Those pet owners who suspect that their dog has eaten a toxic amount should be on the lookout for any of the clinical signs shown above, and if poisoning is suspected the vet should be contacted immediately. Only a veterinarian can determine the best course of action in the event of chocolate toxicity.

Before contacting the vet it is important to gather as much information as possible, including the type of chocolate consumed, the suspected amount and how much time has passed since ingestion. This information will help the vet determine the best type of treatment."

From Chocolate Poisoning in Dogs - Tips to Identify Symptoms, Treating and Prevention
"This can be difficult as all dogs are different - factor in the specific kind of chocolate and the weight of the dog, their age and health, and it can be hard to tell. Here are a few charting lists of information that may help to understand better:

Relative Theobromine content per ounce for various products is:

Milk chocolate: 44 - 60 mgs/ounce
Unsweetened baking chocolate: 450 mg/oz
Cacao meal: 300 - 900 mg/oz
Cacao beans: 300 - 1200 mg/oz
Hot chocolate: 13 mg/oz
Relative chocolate content per pound of body weight:

Baking Chocolate: 0.1 oz/.lb
Milk Chocolate: 1oz/.lb
Sweet Cocoa: 0.3/.b
White Chocolate: 200oz/.lb"

I'm sorry I can't help more. I will pray for your family and dog.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #2

copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!

Default Re: **URGENT** Puppy is poisoned

You NEED to call the vet, and poison control might work, I'll start looking online for more things.
But more is, call the vet your self, ask the vet to make a house call. DON'T SURF THE WEB!! THATS WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR!!! Help your puppy!

Here is something from Dog Eating Chocolate - What To Do If A Dog Eats Chocolate
"Do NOT wait to see if your pet will be okay. After two hours of eating the chocolate all of it has passed out of the stomach into the intestines for complete absorption into the body. Call your veterinarian for recommendations. Most will recommend you bring the pet in so vomiting can be made to happen and supportive care can be given as well as monitoting of the pet for signs of toxicity and symptomatic treatment if needed."

CALL THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL!!

Quote From Why Dogs Cannot Eat Chocolate - And What to do if They Do
"It is also important for dog owners to have an emergency kit on hand, and to make sure that the emergency kit contains activated charcoal. Activated charcoal is a fine powder that has the ability to bind to many different kinds of poisons, making it an essential part of any pet emergency kit.

Those pet owners who suspect that their dog has eaten a toxic amount should be on the lookout for any of the clinical signs shown above, and if poisoning is suspected the vet should be contacted immediately. Only a veterinarian can determine the best course of action in the event of chocolate toxicity.

Before contacting the vet it is important to gather as much information as possible, including the type of chocolate consumed, the suspected amount and how much time has passed since ingestion. This information will help the vet determine the best type of treatment."

From Chocolate Poisoning in Dogs - Tips to Identify Symptoms, Treating and Prevention
"This can be difficult as all dogs are different - factor in the specific kind of chocolate and the weight of the dog, their age and health, and it can be hard to tell. Here are a few charting lists of information that may help to understand better:

Relative Theobromine content per ounce for various products is:

Milk chocolate: 44 - 60 mgs/ounce
Unsweetened baking chocolate: 450 mg/oz
Cacao meal: 300 - 900 mg/oz
Cacao beans: 300 - 1200 mg/oz
Hot chocolate: 13 mg/oz
Relative chocolate content per pound of body weight:

Baking Chocolate: 0.1 oz/.lb
Milk Chocolate: 1oz/.lb
Sweet Cocoa: 0.3/.b
White Chocolate: 200oz/.lb"

I'm sorry I can't help more. I will pray for your family and dog.

Last edited by copycat123; 12-26-2010 at 12:42 AM..
copycat123 is offline Female
Old 12-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #3

Aiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond repute

how much you dog weight? and kind of chocolate? how long ago eat chocolate? and how much times vomit? That you need tell emergency animal call clinic!!!!!
Aiorna is offline Female
Old 12-26-2010, 12:31 AM   #4

fashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Well U need to call the vet right away!!!!I am vey sr his happenedto you!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #5
is a camera using

bubbles055 has a spectacular aura aboutbubbles055 has a spectacular aura about

i'm so sorry i can be of no help, i'm sorry this is happening to you too!
you just informed me of something i didn't know; chocolate is poisones to dogs!
bubbles055 is offline Female
Old 12-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #6
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Please call the vet, it's for the best.
Best of wishes!
~mickey
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 12-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #7
Call me Rose

keen1girl is a glorious beacon of lightkeen1girl is a glorious beacon of lightkeen1girl is a glorious beacon of light

@copycat123:
I'm afraid if I call the vet for a house call, our dad will punish us, send the vet away, or put our dogb out in the garage all night. He really ould do any oif these, given the opportunity.
keen1girl is offline Female
Old 12-26-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

what i would do if i were a kid and i was afraid of being punished, i would find the number of a 24 hour veterinary emergency clinic in your area and call them, tell them you are a kid and you cant come in with your dog because your dad wont bring your dog in, and you need to know what to do for your puppy right now, as a kid, to help your dog because you love your dog, that it is not your fault or your dogs fault that you cant come in, and will they please give you some advice?

if that does not work, can you talk to another adult that lives with you, maybe they can talk to your dad?

i know some adults wont spend the money on a vet............... many of these emergency vet places will talk to you over the phone ............. try this, ok?

i hope yu can find a nuimber ............. your dog needs some help with this........... chocolate is bad for dogs and cats..................... hang in there and it is good that you love your dog..........
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 12-26-2010, 01:31 AM   #9

Ladybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guide

I'm sorry this happened to your dog. I'm not sure how to help him, but I think the other posts covered most of it. I hope he gets better.
PS. I don't know if this would help, but friend's dog ate a chocolate bunny, but he vomited and he ended up OK.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #10

copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by keen1girl
@copycat123:
I'm afraid if I call the vet for a house call, our dad will punish us, send the vet away, or put our dogb out in the garage all night. He really ould do any oif these, given the opportunity.
Bring your dog to a neighbor and call from there.
copycat123 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
dog, please help, poison, puppy, urgent