Rare times in local KT. Place your mouse over times and items for time conversions and info.
Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Unanswered: ***Third Edition***Remember - Stay Safe Online! Six tips for staying safe - post your own and add to the list!
Everyone....I cannot stress this enough. You may want to take the time to read this! This is the third edition of "Remember - Stay Safe Online!" - it has been very popular and I hope that it continues to help all who read it. Well anyways, I just saw this presentation from the police that reminds us to NEVER EVER do the following: (I thought I'd just remind you).
INTERNET SAFETY ADVICE:
1. Never post a picture of yourself online.
2. If you are going to post a picture make sure it does not have your real name in it.
3. If someone says, "This is what I look like" and then posts a real picture of themselves, don't believe that that is really them. They are most likely a horrible person that is trying to trick people into meeting them. Report any posts like this IMMEDIATELY.
4. If someone threatens you or says that they know who you are, report them IMMEDIATELY to a WI official.
5. If any bullying is occuring, do not take it lightly. Stand up for yourself and say that it will not be tolerated. If someone else is being bullied, don't run away, stay and defend them. Tell the bullies to back off.
6. If any member, whether you think you know them or not, says they want to meet you, and then gives the location, reject the offer and report them.
7. NEVER, EVER say the name of a team or town because it may give more information about where you live.
8. Thanks to IttyGirl2
And one more thing....don't ever, ever think that you really know someone just by what they say online. EVER. No matter what they say or how they make you feel, they could very well be a dangerous online predator, nothing like they say!
You can have online friends, just make sure that you never try to meet them in real life.
MEMBERS' TIPS: I'll try to post as many as I can. Please try to post a tip that has not been said yet - let's see how many we can get!
Thank you to all who posted ideas for staying safe!
Each year many kids and adults alike fall into the trap of online predators. Let's keep WI a safe and fun place for everyone!
I'd like to acknowledge the WI staff for their excellence in keeping WI safe! You guys are the best!
THANKS FOR READING AND STAY SAFE EVERYONE!
Last edited by koalagirl242; 03-03-2009 at 07:52 PM..
Re: ***Third Edition***Remember - Stay Safe Online! Six tips for staying safe - post your own and add to the list!
The Internet safety presentation at IttyGirl's school (grades K-6) said that Webkinz was for little kids. The presenter said that 5th and 6th graders don't play Webkinz, but we know better, don't we? I still need to call the business that did the presentation and enlighten them.
Please don't be specific about where you live: No towns, no schools. I have to reiterate koalagirl in saying that you don't know ANYONE online unless you know them in person, too.
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.