Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Role Playing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #351
I love cute
Webkinz :)

triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise
triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise

Default Re: C I N D E R S / wolf roleplay

View Post Originally Posted by BlueParrot
Jair

Jair glaced at Rizwan, and examined him. It appeared that he was doing the same thing. Jair felt good knowing that he probably made Rizwan confused, or at least made him think. Jair figured he wouldn't be able to get anything else out of Rizwan, so he'd have to wait for Elan. But he had a better idea.

"Well, shall we go find Elan?" he said, smirking. Jair stood up and flicked his tail. "He'll know I'm coming once we get close enough, and from there, it'll be up to him to make his move." Jair smiled, and began to walk slowly, glancing back to see if Rizwan was coming. He paused, and waited for Rizwan to make the move that he would follow.

Looking forwards again, Jair chuckled to himself. "He'll be pretty mad. He'll probably try to kill me or something. I bet he'll make some silly plan to ambush me from the bushes, and then pounce on me while blasting me with questions."

Suddenly, Jair's facial expression changed. A pain hit his heart while he paused. His smirk fell into a frown. You're a jerk, Jair. Jair fought hard to fight the thoughts, but he couldn't escape the truth. It could have been just fine.
Again, he was silent as he padded lazily through the woods after Jair, wanting to find Elan yet reluctant to follow this mysterious wolf. He talked of his brother's self-defense as if it were that of a pup, and he talked of Elan as if he didn't expect him to have matured at all since he'd run away or gotten lost or whatever. He picked up his ears and tried to listen for Elan, for just a breath or the snap of a stick or some sign that he was out there. He wanted to call out and tell Elan that they were coming, but he couldn't find the voice or the courage to do it.

Finally, he parted his lips and spoke. "Do you know where he is?" Seemed like a legitimate question; he could only hope for a good answer.
triplet 1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #352
thunderbirdarcher

Aleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Cheerleader98
FEY
Fey's head turned to give the male a hard look. "The wolves of One are more accepting than those of Six, usually. And while they may not love us, they certainly cannot despise us as much as the outer Wards." She sniffed disdainfully, turning around to face him completely. She shook out her fur to rid herself of the annoyance that clung to her body and she snorted, "Unless you're hiding something in One, or the other wards and you don't want me coming."
The beta, still oblivious to the fact that he was involved with the calys distribution, was merely cracking an icy joke. But Catiline's displeasure in patrolling the wards did little to deter her to return back to the heart of Pyre.
hey, young blood,
Fey actually looked back at him that time, which he hadn't expected. "—They certainly cannot despise us as much as the outer Wards."
She was partly right. In Catiline's experience, many of the wolves in One were comfortable enough to shrug off the Ash oppression, but Sixes were more often too beaten-down to be angry, too weak to fight. The best support he found was in the middle Wards, mostly Three and Four, where they could afford enough time away from the usual struggle for survival to wonder if their lives could be better.

But Fey must have really been annoyed, because she stopped and turned about to face him. "Unless you're hiding something in One, or the other wards and you don't want me coming."
Catiline rolled his eyes, changing his course slightly and walking around her. "Oh no, you've found me out: now the whole pack will learn that I'm secretly fostering a family of chipmunks. My reputation will be absolutely ruined."
He looked back at her, one brow raised in an exaggerated look of concern. "You really do work too hard, Fey."
doesn't it feel like our time is running out?

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
( Nice! I'll have to remember that site. )

Gabriel swiped his tongue across his muzzle and found it wet, which only reminded him that there was no point in lying. Besides, there was enough dishonesty to deal with already.

"To the stream." He answered truthfully as he stepped away to give her more room to move. The male paused, his left cheek moving slightly as he considered what he was about to say. "...To think. And I have decided to move forward with the original plan. Now stand - it's time to address the pack."

The wolf turned swiftly away and exited the den. Somehow he had managed to find that armor of calm, cool and collected from where he had abandoned it long ago and sheathed his nerves in it now. These next few moments would be crucial for them. Literally, life or death.
can't call for help,
Wake. Stand. He was back to his old self. Amsden chewed her lip. As much as she wished Gabriel didn't have to be so authoritative and distant, she was beginning to see a pattern: he acted like this when he thought his pack was in danger, like when they'd first gone hunting, and a citizen had come into Ashland, or when she and Adranos had brought the traitor citizen back to camp. Amsden still didn't think cold command was the best approach, but it seemed to work for Gabriel. And she hadn't been challenged as he had when he took over as alpha. Maybe being intimidating had saved him before.

He didn't give her even a moment to collect herself before turning and exiting the den. She swallowed against her rising nerves and took a deep breath. She couldn't look threatening like Gabriel even if she wanted to, but maybe she could at least seem calm.
Her stomach twisted and she could feel the blood rushing to her paws. She took another deep breath and followed Gabriel out into the light.
'cause no one comes.

View Post Originally Posted by triplet 1
(No, you're good.)
Upon hearing the other wolf's cold reply, Aria was a little taken aback, although she knew she shouldn't have been. Why did she expect some other wolf from some other Ward to suddenly jump at the idea of being friends? She scolded herself for being so naive and returned her gaze to her paws, where she remained studying an ant that struggled to climb over a branch on the path. She did her best just to ignore the other wolf - had she said her name? - and keep her attention fixed, like she had nothing more to care about in the world than whether this tiny ant could surmount the branch and be on his way again.

As the scent of the Ash came over her, she closed her eyes and winced a little. If the other wolf - there was still no name in her memory - was right, then she wasn't in her own Ward any more. They would find her and do who-knew-what to her, and this thought was enough to strike panic in her mind. The ant was now nothing more than ant. She turned her eyes upwards, and, upon hearing the command to follow, hesitated but followed with all the speed she could muster. Worse case scenario: this wolf leads her straight to the Ash. Best case scenario: they can avoid them for now.
and I lost hope
Daralis went on hunter's paws, the thick fur between her toes muffling the little sound she might have still made. The wound on her paw smarted with every step, but as adrenaline flooded her veins, the pain became bearable.
She was careful to keep her strides short so that the smaller she-wolf could keep up, though fear gnawed at her belly and her heart pounded into her throat. She could outrun most wolves, thanks to her height, and she wasn't accustomed to checking herself. She grit her teeth so hard her jaw ached, but she kept to her pace.
All the while, she kept her ears tilted back but not flat to her skull so that she could listen for sounds of pursuit. From what she could tell, the Ash hadn't noticed them yet, but Daralis knew that they wouldn't be so lucky as to escape notice entirely. The guards would be sure to notice that she-wolf's scent, and then they'd follow. They still needed to get to that stream.

It was further than Daralis remembered, but that may have been because she'd never been so urgent to reach it before. When at last they did, she plunged in immediately, soaking herself thoroughly up to her belly.
For the first time she looked back, glancing to the she-wolf and then quickly scanning the forest behind her.
"Hurry up," she ordered brusquely, turning and heading off downstream, keeping to the shallows.
when I was still so young.

Last edited by Aleu; 08-03-2014 at 09:03 PM..
Aleu is offline Female
Old 08-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #353
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by Aleu

can't call for help,
Wake. Stand. He was back to his old self. Amsden chewed her lip. As much as she wished Gabriel didn't have to be so authoritative and distant, she was beginning to see a pattern: he acted like this when he thought his pack was in danger, like when they'd first gone hunting, and a citizen had come into Ashland, or when she and Adranos had brought the traitor citizen back to camp. Amsden still didn't think cold command was the best approach, but it seemed to work for Gabriel. And she hadn't been challenged as he had when he took over as alpha. Maybe being intimidating had saved him before.

He didn't give her even a moment to collect herself before turning and exiting the den. She swallowed against her rising nerves and took a deep breath. She couldn't look threatening like Gabriel even if she wanted to, but maybe she could at least seem calm.
Her stomach twisted and she could feel the blood rushing to her paws. She took another deep breath and followed Gabriel out into the light.
'cause no one comes.
By the time Amsden had joined him, he had already given orders to the nearest wolves to herd any pack member to the center of the camp. The male stood quietly, his head held high above the ones of the wolves before him. For the moment he ignored the variety of looks he was currently receiving. Many were wary yet curious, and others were simply glares. Gabriel did, however, find himself combing the crowd for a particular set of dark features: Siren. He knew she was well respected among the pack and also one of his most loyal followers. Those two qualities working together could turn out to be extremely helpful. But his search turned up empty; the she-wolf was no where to be found.

"It's time an announcement was made." The Alpha said as the the two wolves who he had sent out rejoined the group. His yellow gaze cut across the crowd, assuring that he had their attention. Gabriel inhaled deeply and gripped tightly to the strength he had stored for this moment. "Many of you have concerns when it comes to Amsden's loyalty. Many of you," Gabriel said, narrowing his eyes, "have voiced those opinions. But now you will hear the truth, and after this meeting there should be no more speculation.

Shortly after becoming aware of the stolen calys, I recruited Amsden to probe the wards for clues. She was to meet as many citizens as possible - to become their friend, even. Anything that would help her---and therefore us--gather information on how the plant was being transported out of the Ash and into the wards. Sh--"

" Why just her? No other wolf received these orders. "

A snarl rose from the Alpha's chest as he turned on the wolf who dared to speak out. "Interrupt me again and you will find yourself patrolling Six for the next moon." Gabriel straightened and scanned the pack once more, making it clear that that warning was good for all of them. "As I was saying, only one was chosen for this duty because the citizens would notice if the Ash suddenly changed our ways. Citizens talk. The rumors would spread over night and the plan would have failed."

Gabriel paused, knowing this was the part of his speech that he had been dreading. "Unfortunately I made a mistake in who I chose. I overestimated Amsden's ability to remain as uninvolved as possible when it came to befriending the citizens. The harshness of citizen life was too much, and it ultimately led to her helping them more than neccessary for the mission.
She has learned from her mistake and remains a loyal Ash."

The powerful voice of the wolf fell silent and he waited with his breath lodged in his throat for the pack's reaction.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:30 AM   #354
thunderbirdarcher

Aleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond reputeAleu has a reputation beyond repute

By the time Amsden had joined him, he had already given orders to the nearest wolves to herd any pack member to the center of the camp. The male stood quietly, his head held high above the ones of the wolves before him. For the moment he ignored the variety of looks he was currently receiving. Many were wary yet curious, and others were simply glares. Gabriel did, however, find himself combing the crowd for a particular set of dark features: Siren. He knew she was well respected among the pack and also one of his most loyal followers. Those two qualities working together could turn out to be extremely helpful. But his search turned up empty; the she-wolf was no where to be found.

"It's time an announcement was made." The Alpha said as the the two wolves who he had sent out rejoined the group. His yellow gaze cut across the crowd, assuring that he had their attention. Gabriel inhaled deeply and gripped tightly to the strength he had stored for this moment. "Many of you have concerns when it comes to Amsden's loyalty. Many of you," Gabriel said, narrowing his eyes, "have voiced those opinions. But now you will hear the truth, and after this meeting there should be no more speculation.

Shortly after becoming aware of the stolen calys, I recruited Amsden to probe the wards for clues. She was to meet as many citizens as possible - to become their friend, even. Anything that would help her---and therefore us--gather information on how the plant was being transported out of the Ash and into the wards. Sh--"

" Why just her? No other wolf received these orders. "

A snarl rose from the Alpha's chest as he turned on the wolf who dared to speak out. "Interrupt me again and you will find yourself patrolling Six for the next moon." Gabriel straightened and scanned the pack once more, making it clear that that warning was good for all of them. "As I was saying, only one was chosen for this duty because the citizens would notice if the Ash suddenly changed our ways. Citizens talk. The rumors would spread over night and the plan would have failed."

Gabriel paused, knowing this was the part of his speech that he had been dreading. "Unfortunately I made a mistake in who I chose. I overestimated Amsden's ability to remain as uninvolved as possible when it came to befriending the citizens. The harshness of citizen life was too much, and it ultimately led to her helping them more than neccessary for the mission.
She has learned from her mistake and remains a loyal Ash."

The powerful voice of the wolf fell silent and he waited with his breath lodged in his throat for the pack's reaction.
these rumors you spread 'round
Amsden's heart was slamming into her ribs as she met the glares and expectant looks from the pack. She stood just behind Gabriel's right shoulder, though she would have given anything to bolt back to the den, or better yet, run off into the forest.
At least she didn't have to speak, and could concentrate on keeping her terror from her face. When Gabriel explained that choosing her was a mistake, her ears went back on their own at his tone, but she thought to lower her head as well, hoping a look of shame would be convincing.

There were murmurs among the gathered wolves then, and Amsden strained to hear what was being said. Did they believe Gabriel?
At the edge of the clearing, she saw a flash of pale fur as a newcomer moved through the crowd. Edlyn. Amsden breathed again and followed the pale she-wolf's path with her eyes to where it ended with Adranos, and her stomach knotted.
He looked at neither her nor Gabriel, but stared thoughtfully at the ground before his paws. When Edlyn met him, he turned to her, and Amsden watched the smile fall from her friend's face at something Adranos said. Then Adranos stood, ignoring Edlyn, who shouted loudly enough for Amsden to hear, “Adranos, wait!” and he began to make his way through the crowd towards Gabriel and Amsden.
The wolves in his way moved aside to let him through and the clamor quieted until the clearing was silent.

He stopped before her, and though she stood on the boulders around Gabriel’s den and was several heads higher than Adranos on the ground, Amsden felt small.
His expression was steely and unforgiving, and she recognized the same look in his eyes that he’d worn when they’d been ambushed on their hunt and brought the traitor citizen into camp. The scar Olin had given him stood out, a broad line of raised skin across the bridge of his nose, dangerously close to his eye.
Amsden felt sick.
“The wolf I killed several days ago, when I was attacked, he was your brother. Is that correct?” His voice rang out across the camp, though he hardly had to raise it. His tone was even.
When I was attacked. Not we.
Several seconds passed before Amsden found her voice. “Yes,” she responded, much quieter, though she was certain everyone was listening so intently that they would have heard her breathing if she’d remembered to.
“He told me that he—and a following of like-minded wolves—meant to take down the Ash. In camp, his friend said that you were part of that group while you were a citizen. Is that true?”
“I never wanted a rebellion or anything like that—I only wanted things to be better for the citizens—”
“That isn’t what I asked,” Adranos said.
Her mouth had gone completely dry and she struggled to swallow. “Yes. There was a group of us who just thought we could make things better somehow,” she answered.
“Amsden,” Adranos began, his voice terrifyingly calm, “Why did you join the Ash?”
She couldn’t lie, they would know. Every last pair of eyes was on her, watching, waiting. “I thought I could improve it, from the inside—not do away with it entirely, just—”
“She admits it, then!” shouted a wolf towards the back. “She admits that she’s a traitor!”
This was the catalyst to uproar, and everyone was talking at once, shouts and snarls aimed at every wolf, but mostly Amsden.
Before her, Adranos closed his eyes and sighed. “Enough,” he said. He didn’t raise his voice. He didn’t have to.
Amsden struggled to regain ground, knowing she’d lost her composure entirely. Calm was far gone. “But I told Gabriel all of that! He knew and—”
Adranos’ eyes snapped open. “He knew?” he echoed, and immediately Amsden realized her mistake.

For the first time, Adranos turned his gaze to Gabriel. “She admitted to involvement in a conspiracy,” he said, “She admitted to joining the Ash with the intent to drastically change it, and you proceeded to make her your Alpha Female.”
“Adranos!” That was Edlyn, but several of the Ash around her pushed her back. Amsden heard a yelp of pain.
“You’re from Six,” Adranos went on, addressing Gabriel. “You came out of nowhere to take Kreios’ place after the fires. You’re not from the Alpha line. We didn’t even know you until you got here.”
Amsden couldn’t breathe. This was all her fault. She was going to get them killed.
Adranos’ voice was still perfectly level when he said, “I don’t think it is in our best interest for you to remain Alpha of Pyre.”

they burn me down like flames.

Last edited by Aleu; 08-04-2014 at 01:36 AM..
Aleu is offline Female
Old 08-04-2014, 05:09 AM   #355
I love cute

triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise
triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise

and I lost hope
Daralis went on hunter's paws, the thick fur between her toes muffling the little sound she might have still made. The wound on her paw smarted with every step, but as adrenaline flooded her veins, the pain became bearable.
She was careful to keep her strides short so that the smaller she-wolf could keep up, though fear gnawed at her belly and her heart pounded into her throat. She could outrun most wolves, thanks to her height, and she wasn't accustomed to checking herself. She grit her teeth so hard her jaw ached, but she kept to her pace.
All the while, she kept her ears tilted back but not flat to her skull so that she could listen for sounds of pursuit. From what she could tell, the Ash hadn't noticed them yet, but Daralis knew that they wouldn't be so lucky as to escape notice entirely. The guards would be sure to notice that she-wolf's scent, and then they'd follow. They still needed to get to that stream.

It was further than Daralis remembered, but that may have been because she'd never been so urgent to reach it before. When at last they did, she plunged in immediately, soaking herself thoroughly up to her belly.
For the first time she looked back, glancing to the she-wolf and then quickly scanning the forest behind her.
"Hurry up," she ordered brusquely, turning and heading off downstream, keeping to the shallows.
when I was still so young.
Aria walked quickly behind the taller wolf, struggling somewhat to move her legs fast enough to keep up with the other wolf's brusque clip through the woods. How did she manage to keep so silent and stealthy as she walked? Every noise on the other side of the woods made her jump and she could hear her heart hammering away as they got closer to the river.

She hated water. She watched Daralis jump into the stream and she hesitated, swallowing her dislike and trying to think of a way to keep herself as dry as possible. It wouldn't work, she knew, but she stood there for several seconds, hoping for some alternative to fall from the sky, but there was nothing. She finally closed her eyes and stepped into the stream, gripping onto the sloping shore as hard as she could until she was completely covered.

She watched the other wolf move easily through the water, but she knew that she would never keep up now. She picked up her paws and let herself drift with the river, trying hopelessly to paddle herself along. She just closed her eyes now and tried to ignore the feeling of her wet ears - she couldn't stand that feeling - and waited for Daralis to do something.
triplet 1 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #356
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

these rumors you spread 'round

Amsden's heart was slamming into her ribs as she met the glares and expectant looks from the pack. She stood just behind Gabriel's right shoulder, though she would have given anything to bolt back to the den, or better yet, run off into the forest.
At least she didn't have to speak, and could concentrate on keeping her terror from her face. When Gabriel explained that choosing her was a mistake, her ears went back on their own at his tone, but she thought to lower her head as well, hoping a look of shame would be convincing.

There were murmurs among the gathered wolves then, and Amsden strained to hear what was being said. Did they believe Gabriel?
At the edge of the clearing, she saw a flash of pale fur as a newcomer moved through the crowd. Edlyn. Amsden breathed again and followed the pale she-wolf's path with her eyes to where it ended with Adranos, and her stomach knotted.
He looked at neither her nor Gabriel, but stared thoughtfully at the ground before his paws. When Edlyn met him, he turned to her, and Amsden watched the smile fall from her friend's face at something Adranos said. Then Adranos stood, ignoring Edlyn, who shouted loudly enough for Amsden to hear, “Adranos, wait!” and he began to make his way through the crowd towards Gabriel and Amsden.
The wolves in his way moved aside to let him through and the clamor quieted until the clearing was silent.

He stopped before her, and though she stood on the boulders around Gabriel’s den and was several heads higher than Adranos on the ground, Amsden felt small.
His expression was steely and unforgiving, and she recognized the same look in his eyes that he’d worn when they’d been ambushed on their hunt and brought the traitor citizen into camp. The scar Olin had given him stood out, a broad line of raised skin across the bridge of his nose, dangerously close to his eye.
Amsden felt sick.
“The wolf I killed several days ago, when I was attacked, he was your brother. Is that correct?” His voice rang out across the camp, though he hardly had to raise it. His tone was even.
When I was attacked. Not we.
Several seconds passed before Amsden found her voice. “Yes,” she responded, much quieter, though she was certain everyone was listening so intently that they would have heard her breathing if she’d remembered to.
“He told me that he—and a following of like-minded wolves—meant to take down the Ash. In camp, his friend said that you were part of that group while you were a citizen. Is that true?”
“I never wanted a rebellion or anything like that—I only wanted things to be better for the citizens—”
“That isn’t what I asked,” Adranos said.
Her mouth had gone completely dry and she struggled to swallow. “Yes. There was a group of us who just thought we could make things better somehow,” she answered.
“Amsden,” Adranos began, his voice terrifyingly calm, “Why did you join the Ash?”
She couldn’t lie, they would know. Every last pair of eyes was on her, watching, waiting. “I thought I could improve it, from the inside—not do away with it entirely, just—”
“She admits it, then!” shouted a wolf towards the back. “She admits that she’s a traitor!”
This was the catalyst to uproar, and everyone was talking at once, shouts and snarls aimed at every wolf, but mostly Amsden.
Before her, Adranos closed his eyes and sighed. “Enough,” he said. He didn’t raise his voice. He didn’t have to.
Amsden struggled to regain ground, knowing she’d lost her composure entirely. Calm was far gone. “But I told Gabriel all of that! He knew and—”
Adranos’ eyes snapped open. “He knew?” he echoed, and immediately Amsden realized her mistake.

For the first time, Adranos turned his gaze to Gabriel. “She admitted to involvement in a conspiracy,” he said, “She admitted to joining the Ash with the intent to drastically change it, and you proceeded to make her your Alpha Female.”
“Adranos!” That was Edlyn, but several of the Ash around her pushed her back. Amsden heard a yelp of pain.
“You’re from Six,” Adranos went on, addressing Gabriel. “You came out of nowhere to take Kreios’ place after the fires. You’re not from the Alpha line. We didn’t even know you until you got here.”
Amsden couldn’t breathe. This was all her fault. She was going to get them killed.
Adranos’ voice was still perfectly level when he said, “I don’t think it is in our best interest for you to remain Alpha of Pyre.”

they burn me down like flames.
The camp was silent aside from the sound of nervous paws moving around in the grass. Gabriel pressed his lips in a tight line and looked through the gap between the furthest wolf's ears. He would keep his head held proudly as if he had nothing to be ashamed of. Confidence, he thought, is a remedy for weakness. Was his hard-faced expression working? He could hear Amsden's increased breathing to his right. Perhaps he should send her away to the den? It was possible having her out of sight would ease the tension in the pack. The corner of the wolf's mouth turned down; it would just mean more running and hiding. Facing the problems head-on was the only way they were going to solve them.

After shifting his weight between his paws, the Alpha began to open his mouth to ask for questions but paused when he caught sight of movement at the edge of the gathering. He recognized the wolves immediately. Gabriel didn't have to look to know that Amsden's gaze was trained on the pair just as much as his. These wolves were her best friends. He realized it would be their approval and forgiveness that she would be wanting, and not necessarily the pack's.

Heat spread throughout the brute's body and hardened his gold-colored gaze as he watched Adranos stalk towards Amsden. The look on the brute's face was enough to produce movement from Gabriel. The Alpha stepped closer to the she-wolf until he was wedged at an angle between her and the approaching male, yet not enough to prevent them from seeing eye-to-eye. Gabriel inclined his muzzle at Adranos, a look that was famous among males whenever a female was involved.

Gabriel struggled in inner turmoil while they spoke. He wanted desperately for Amsden to stop talking - she was only making it worse. She was eating right out of his paw, saying exactly what he wanted her to. If he had had time to train her she would have realized this! But he was powerless to stop the unraveling of his hard work. Reacting would only prove the point Adranos was trying to make: that they were hiding something.

" ...Why did you join the Ash? "

A pocket of air formed under Gabriel's cheek as he set his jaw and pursed his lips to keep his snarl hidden. His brow knitted in fury over his smoldering gaze. If the phrase, "if looks could kill" were true Adranos would be on his back in a heartbeat. Gabriel couldn't hear Amsden's answer - his head was filled with his own shouts, which largely consisted of colorful insults describing Adranos. Gabriel could only hope that Amsden realized how crucial it was for her to get her answer right.

The pack's reaction was exactly enough to deflate Gabriel like a balloon. They weren't on a cliff, but they might as well have been. His nightmare had just become a reality.

"...But I told Gabriel all of that! He knew..."

No. No, no no.

He knew.

That was it. There was no recovering from this. He was done. The yellow gaze traveled across the tops of the trees surrounding them, even noting the color of the sky, to give the brute one last memory of the place he'd made his home. Gabriel heard a yelp of pain and winced.

“If you are requesting a challenge for the rights of Alpha of Pyre, I accept.” He said. This fight would not be like his others. Gabriel had already come to terms with how it would end. He only hoped Adranos was skilled enough to make the end come quickly for the Alpha.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #357
thunderbirdarcher

The camp was silent aside from the sound of nervous paws moving around in the grass. Gabriel pressed his lips in a tight line and looked through the gap between the furthest wolf's ears. He would keep his head held proudly as if he had nothing to be ashamed of. Confidence, he thought, is a remedy for weakness. Was his hard-faced expression working? He could hear Amsden's increased breathing to his right. Perhaps he should send her away to the den? It was possible having her out of sight would ease the tension in the pack. The corner of the wolf's mouth turned down; it would just mean more running and hiding. Facing the problems head-on was the only way they were going to solve them.

After shifting his weight between his paws, the Alpha began to open his mouth to ask for questions but paused when he caught sight of movement at the edge of the gathering. He recognized the wolves immediately. Gabriel didn't have to look to know that Amsden's gaze was trained on the pair just as much as his. These wolves were her best friends. He realized it would be their approval and forgiveness that she would be wanting, and not necessarily the pack's.

Heat spread throughout the brute's body and hardened his gold-colored gaze as he watched Adranos stalk towards Amsden. The look on the brute's face was enough to produce movement from Gabriel. The Alpha stepped closer to the she-wolf until he was wedged at an angle between her and the approaching male, yet not enough to prevent them from seeing eye-to-eye. Gabriel inclined his muzzle at Adranos, a look that was famous among males whenever a female was involved.

Gabriel struggled in inner turmoil while they spoke. He wanted desperately for Amsden to stop talking - she was only making it worse. She was eating right out of his paw, saying exactly what he wanted her to. If he had had time to train her she would have realized this! But he was powerless to stop the unraveling of his hard work. Reacting would only prove the point Adranos was trying to make: that they were hiding something.

" ...Why did you join the Ash? "

A pocket of air formed under Gabriel's cheek as he set his jaw and pursed his lips to keep his snarl hidden. His brow knitted in fury over his smoldering gaze. If the phrase, "if looks could kill" were true Adranos would be on his back in a heartbeat. Gabriel couldn't hear Amsden's answer - his head was filled with his own shouts, which largely consisted of colorful insults describing Adranos. Gabriel could only hope that Amsden realized how crucial it was for her to get her answer right.

The pack's reaction was exactly enough to deflate Gabriel like a balloon. They weren't on a cliff, but they might as well have been. His nightmare had just become a reality.

"...But I told Gabriel all of that! He knew..."

No. No, no no.

He knew.

That was it. There was no recovering from this. He was done. The yellow gaze traveled across the tops of the trees surrounding them, even noting the color of the sky, to give the brute one last memory of the place he'd made his home. Gabriel heard a yelp of pain and winced.

“If you are requesting a challenge for the rights of Alpha of Pyre, I accept.” He said. This fight would not be like his others. Gabriel had already come to terms with how it would end. He only hoped Adranos was skilled enough to make the end come quickly for the Alpha.

we used to be friends,
No. No, this couldn’t be happening.
Gabriel’s response, “I accept,” hammered in time with her heartbeat in her ears.
Adranos frowned, but after a moment of hesitation he set his jaw and nodded. He didn’t look back at Amsden.

She was rooted to the stone, her mind racing, though all she could think was no. No, no, no.
Adranos stepped back, and the crowd moved with him until they had created an arena with their bodies. Edlyn was at the back, struggling in vain to get through. She shouted at one of the wolves who was blocking her, and her voice jolted Amsden to action.
She leapt from the boulders, half-tripping over herself as she moved in between Adranos and Gabriel. “Are you insane?” she breathed, maneuvering so that he had to meet her eyes. “If you’ve all decided that I’m a traitor, fine, but Gabriel had nothing to do with it!”
“And we’re supposed to take you on faith?” Adranos asked quietly. “Why is it that we’ve only just started to hear rumors of rebellion and lost the calys to citizens when Gabriel took over?”
“And there was that pup!” called a she-wolf. “It had gold eyes.”
Adranos’ gaze flicked to the speaker. “We know nothing of the pup. It may not have even been from the Ash.” He turned his attention back to Amsden. “But I don’t think we can look over these other events as mere coincidence. Move aside, Amsden, please.”
“No!” she choked out around the lump in her throat. “I’m not going to let you kill each other!”

Adranos looked solemn, but determined. It was a long time before he spoke. “Then go, both of you. Leave the Ashlands. Leave Pyre.”

but that ain’t true now.

Aleu is offline Female
Old 08-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #358
Gifted

"Get out of the way, Amsden!" Growled the Alpha. He resisted the urge to move her by force, knowing that it would jeopardize the last sliver of their lie that remained: that she was his mate. Gabriel stepped around her and faced Adranos once more. He nodded once. "You know the rules." He said, eying his opponent first and then moving to the pack. Finally his yellow eyes settled on the she-wolf and the hard edge to his glare melted. He was speaking to her as well. Attempting to intervene in a formal challenge or provide aid to one of the participants was against the law. Such actions gave the audience permission to attack the wolf so that the fight may continue. In other words, if she tried to help him she would be giving the pack an excuse to act.

The black fur of the wolf bristled and, save the matte calys stripe on his back, began to glisten in the evening sun. His claws dug into the ground as the lips pulled back to expose white teeth. Gabriel turned his attention back to Adranos and nodded once.

A loud, vicious snarl filled the Ash camp, and was soon followed by thudding pawsteps. Gabriel jerked his head to the right just in time to catch sight of a black mass sailing through mid-air in Adranos' direction. Siren landed just in front of the brute, blocking his path to the Alpha. Three other wolves filled in after her, forming a protective half-circle around Gabriel and Amsden. One turned to him, a younger male with soot-grey fur and a white mask.

" Run! "

The stranger hissed urgently at him and then dove into the crowd to force a path for Gabriel to take. A split-second later Gabriel's shock was over and he was in action. He spun around Amden and shoved her from behind in the direction of the grey male. "Follow him!" He yelled, and then tore off in the opposite direction of the path. Gabriel's yellow eyes were focused on a figure hiding behind the bodies of other Ashers. He skidded to a stop and lunged at the nearest wolf to wrestle him to the ground. "Move, Edlyn!" Gabriel barked, pushing her to her paws as he had with Amsden.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #359
thunderbirdarcher

"Get out of the way, Amsden!" Growled the Alpha. He resisted the urge to move her by force, knowing that it would jeopardize the last sliver of their lie that remained: that she was his mate. Gabriel stepped around her and faced Adranos once more. He nodded once. "You know the rules." He said, eying his opponent first and then moving to the pack. Finally his yellow eyes settled on the she-wolf and the hard edge to his glare melted. He was speaking to her as well. Attempting to intervene in a formal challenge or provide aid to one of the participants was against the law. Such actions gave the audience permission to attack the wolf so that the fight may continue. In other words, if she tried to help him she would be giving the pack an excuse to act.

The black fur of the wolf bristled and, save the matte calys stripe on his back, began to glisten in the evening sun. His claws dug into the ground as the lips pulled back to expose white teeth. Gabriel turned his attention back to Adranos and nodded once.

A loud, vicious snarl filled the Ash camp, and was soon followed by thudding pawsteps. Gabriel jerked his head to the right just in time to catch sight of a black mass sailing through mid-air in Adranos' direction. Siren landed just in front of the brute, blocking his path to the Alpha. Three other wolves filled in after her, forming a protective half-circle around Gabriel and Amsden. One turned to him, a younger male with soot-grey fur and a white mask.

" Run! "

The stranger hissed urgently at him and then dove into the crowd to force a path for Gabriel to take. A split-second later Gabriel's shock was over and he was in action. He spun around Amden and shoved her from behind in the direction of the grey male. "Follow him!" He yelled, and then tore off in the opposite direction of the path. Gabriel's yellow eyes were focused on a figure hiding behind the bodies of other Ashers. He skidded to a stop and lunged at the nearest wolf to wrestle him to the ground. "Move, Edlyn!" Gabriel barked, pushing her to her paws as he had with Amsden.
I was born in the state where my mother was raised,
Adranos didn't want to be Alpha. And he didn't want to fight Gabriel—an endeavor by which he would most likely lose his life. Adranos had the benefit of being about Gabriel's size, but the alpha had more experience and had defeated many opponents before. But Adranos knew he had responsibility to the Ash, to do what was best for the pack, despite what it cost him personally.

Gabriel bared his teeth, but the snarl that ripped through the clearing then didn't come from the alpha.
Siren, followed by a few other guards, rushed into the space between Adranos and the pack and Gabriel and Amsden, heads lowered and hackles raised.
Adranos met the she-wolf's glare with a frown, but he made no move to stop her. When some of the pack lunged toward the escaping wolves, he ordered them back. "Let them go."

Amsden moved at last and ran when Gabriel pushed her, though Adranos didn't miss the glance she threw over her shoulder, and he set his jaw.
Edlyn went after her, but she didn't look back, only raced to catch up to Amsden.

"Anyone who wants to go with them should go now," Adranos said, still looking at Siren. "You won't get another chance."
A few wolves broke away from the crowd and followed the fleeing wolves, dodging bites and shying from the furious snarls from those who stayed.
with the children of soldiers, the children of slaves.

View Post Originally Posted by triplet 1
Aria walked quickly behind the taller wolf, struggling somewhat to move her legs fast enough to keep up with the other wolf's brusque clip through the woods. How did she manage to keep so silent and stealthy as she walked? Every noise on the other side of the woods made her jump and she could hear her heart hammering away as they got closer to the river.

She hated water. She watched Daralis jump into the stream and she hesitated, swallowing her dislike and trying to think of a way to keep herself as dry as possible. It wouldn't work, she knew, but she stood there for several seconds, hoping for some alternative to fall from the sky, but there was nothing. She finally closed her eyes and stepped into the stream, gripping onto the sloping shore as hard as she could until she was completely covered.

She watched the other wolf move easily through the water, but she knew that she would never keep up now. She picked up her paws and let herself drift with the river, trying hopelessly to paddle herself along. She just closed her eyes now and tried to ignore the feeling of her wet ears - she couldn't stand that feeling - and waited for Daralis to do something.

[ I'll reply to this tomorrow! ]
Aleu is offline Female
Old 08-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #360
Gifted

The howls bothered Gabriel the most. He knew all of Pyre had their heads raised and looking north, wondering what on earth was happening in the Ashlands. His gaze lifted from the ground as a set of paws fell into pace with his. "You shouldn't have done that." He told her.

Siren flattened her ears, but was determined to keep eye contact. " Respectfully, sir, I disagree. "

Gabriel growled quietly but shook his head, dismissing the conversation. He couldn't deny that he was glad to have Amsden---and Edlyn, too, as she seemed unswervingly loyal to her friend---safe, but he was worried about the rift Siren's decision had created in the pack. As far as the Ash were concerned, Gabriel and any wolf that followed him were now traitors. The black-coated she-wolf still walked beside him, and just behind her was the silver male from before. Gabriel realized what he had missed in the chaos.

"Who's this?" He asked, gazing at the male skeptically.

" Argent. Here - Argent, this is Gabriel "

The male responded to Siren's beckoning by jogging forward and dipping his head in greeting. Gabriel nodded in return, his nostrils flaring as they filled with the foreign scent.

"You're from Four."

" He's a recruit. I was bringing him to you for approval. I also brought Destyn."

Gabriel followed her tail to the she-wolf that was jogging behind the group, watching their backs in case the Ash decided to give chase. Gabriel doubted they would; it didn't seem to be Adranos' style to act without a carefully drawn up plan. He turned his attention back to his wolf. "They should've stayed with the Ash, if that is why they were with you."

Siren glanced in his direction, her eyes darkening. They were gold too, but with amber shards around the iris. "That---" She said, knocking her head in the direction they had come from, "---is not the Ash. "

The brute frowned and looked away. After several minutes he finally asked, "Did your plan include a place to set up a secondary camp?"

" Three. The population there has decreased significantly with the floods chasing out the prey. "

Gabriel nodded his agreement and left Siren to lead the group while he fell back with Amsden and Edlyn.
Closed

Tags
be true!, gone for good <3, kamui senketsu!, moonflame was here~!, pixie perfection <3, triplet loves this place!