Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Recipes in Webkinz World

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Default Yummytummy Tumbler: An Era Ended One Year Later

I have decided to post this a few days early because today marks the three year anniversary of Slippamarink Sandwich being solved. Which for those of you who don't know it was the first secret recipe to ever be solved. On account that I am too lazy to type anything about it I thought this thread could serve a dual purpose.

One of the most memorable and influential recipes of all time was solved one year ago Saturday. If you don't know the name of that recipe it is Yummytummy Tumbler (more commonly referred to as YTT). I had the immense honour to have solved this recipe last September 25. After 2 years and 51 days the answer that had evaded recipe solvers throughout Webkinz World was finally known. Yummytummy Tumbler was made in the Blender using Ginger Ale, Papaya and Farm Fresh Cabbage. Immediately after the solving which occurred shortly before 4pm EST a celebration that still has not been matched occurred in the recipes forum here on WI. Throughout the two years that YTT remained unsolved it became almost a legend that still has long lasting impressions that the way recipes are solved today. The complete legacy of YTT still may not be fully known but one thing is certain: it is an amazing recipe!

As a tribute to Yummytummy Tumbler I have decided to share with you what YTT means to me and what I think it means for Webkinz World. Feel free to help yourself to some cookies while you are reading:
Click the image to open in full size.

On May 13, 2008 I was drawn to WI after seeing the incredible recipes section here. The one recipe that really caught my attention wasn't actually YTT but rather Ocean Bubblyglub. The following is an exact copy of my first post here on WI:
Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
Has anyone ever eliminated cabbage+___________+everything else yet. ???

I was wondering about this because it can be used to make gunk so there might be an unsolved recipe using cabbage.

How fitting this ends up being.

My draw to Ocean Bubblyglub soon ended when it was solved and I then was drawn to the mystery of YTT. I just couldn't understand how no one had figured it out. The team grew and bonded as we headed towards a single goal. We all had the dreams of solving Yummytummy Tumbler. Even a year later it still seems odd for me to be posting this thread. I often feel like I should be patting someone else on the back. I am happy to know that the solving of YTT was a huge team effort. Dozens of members helped by doing thousands of combos. I also had a special little group of members that helped me collect cabbages. Without those cabbages I would have never solved YTT so to all of you that donated those cabbages I am forever grateful to you. You folks had a special little role in the solve that will never be forgotten.

I am now going to go over to the best of my memory the events of September 25, 2009 from my perspective. I remember sitting down to do some more cabbage combos around 3:30pm EST. I was originally just seeing how many cabbages I had. I had been saving up for a few days to do The Ginger Ale combo. Although I only had 67 cabbages (about 30 short of a full combo) I decided to proceed with doing the Ginger Ale combo. I just couldn't wait any longer. I remember going through combos thinking hmm that might work but I had learned a long time before that even though it seemed like they might work they never did. When I got to papaya a thought entered my head. Ginger Ale, Papaya, and Cabbage man that flows well. I put all of the ingredients is and waited for the spirals to go by. I was just about to go click the X and start the next combo when I realized what had happened. I let out a scream the I am sure my neighbour heard. The window was open . After I nearly fell out of my chair I ran around the house screaming. Needless to say the dog thought the world was ending. I don't think she stopped barking for a good five minutes. After I finally had my wits about me I ran to the phone and called up my brother to let him know the good news. I can still remember typing in his phone number. Those were the hardest 7 buttons I ever pressed in my life. At this point I was trembling from head to foot with the realization of what I had just done. I remember the conversation with my brother was short. When I told him what was going on his reply was something like "Congratulations, but it isn't really that big a deal. Think of all the KinzCash you spent on solving that recipe." This is when I proceeded to inform him that this is a very big deal and what do you mean about the KinzCash? That is so irrelevant! After calling my brother I called another one of my good friends. She only said something similar to the following to me "Well of course you solved it. I knew you would." The screaming and phone calls probably took me the grand total of 5 minutes. After hanging up the phone after my conversation with my friend I realized that I still didn't take a screenshot or post what had happened. I ran back to the computer fired off a screenshot and posted the information on the YTT thread at 4:02EST. After that I made sure to place the original YTT in storage where it still sits today in the fridge next to the Secret Chef Trophy it got. Everything else is a blur to me. I remember getting about a dozen pms and almost 50 vms in the days following the solve. The reality still didn't set in for a few days. I kept feeling like I should still be trying to solve it.

Here is the post that has gone down into the history books (or at least the WIki):
Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
Everyone I just solved YTT.

You can make it on the blender using Cabbage, Papaya, and Ginger Ale.
Click the image to open in full size.

I have never experienced so many emotions at once and yes one is frustration and anger for Cabbage being in there. Don`t feel bad about having to hate this recipe. I don`t blame you.

MODS: I ask that when you make the front page article to please recognize the following people. First off all the dedicated members of the recipes section but also the following members for sending me cabbage: funkyc63, kinzmom1924, crnovak, Lotamoxie. Without their help I would have never had enough cabbage to do this combo. Thank you all.
YTT was a very influential recipe for WI and Webkinz World. In the time that YTT was unsolved (especially from Christmas 2008 onward) the WI Recipes section saw attention that we have not seen again. While we were coming up with crazy ideas for what was in YTT we ended up solving dozens of other recipes. The lessons we learned from the YTT era still are being used today in solving the newest recipes. After YTT was solved the recipes section here on WI went through a major change. The frequency of combos decreased and posts became a lot more frequent. At the same time the world of recipe solving was being altered forever. The Secret Chef trophy was introduced and the evil Master Stove emerged. For a few weeks it felt as though we were looking for some new interest. It wasn't until December that I felt the recipes section had fully recovered. Through the winter everyone was doing tons of combos and it started to feel like the good old days. This spring in my opinion marked the beginning of a new era in the recipe solving world. Older chefs and new ones were uniting in a quest to solve the incredible mass of unsolved recipes. The excitement of the recipes section has been in full force ever since. We had a great summer full of fun and a ton of solves. Today fvb solved the 70th secret recipe: Striped Mellowmallow. I hadn't planned on mentioning anything about this recipe but it is was an incredible solve. On September 21, 2007 Slippamarink Sandwich made history by being the first recipe to ever be solved. On the three year anniversary it is amazing to think that the 70th solve was made. The recipes community has come so far in these three years. I can't wait to see what is around the corner next.

Yours, Pat.

And here are a few photos to enjoy before you leave:
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Feel free to share some stories about YTT if you wish.

Last edited by ClaraZ25; 09-21-2010 at 06:22 PM..
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
oW, look I'm
Gifted

dizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talent

Default Re: Yummytummy Tumbler: An Era Ended One Year Later

I can't beleive it has been a year already!!
Wonderful job on your solve and your thread you did a great job and you are so dedicated to WI!!
dizzydessi is offline Female
Old 09-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by dizzydessi
I can't beleive it has been a year already!!
Wonderful job on your solve and your thread you did a great job and you are so dedicated to WI!!
Thank you. It is amazing to think that it has been a year. I still can't really accept YTT being solved. I just made one a few minutes ago and it felt so weird to be able to make it. I have to admit I haven't made more than about 6 YTTs since it was solved. I have been using my cabbages in recipe solving.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 09-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
The Guys
Webkinz :)

chessland radiates beauty and kindness all aroundchessland radiates beauty and kindness all aroundchessland radiates beauty and kindness all aroundchessland radiates beauty and kindness all aroundchessland radiates beauty and kindness all aroundchessland radiates beauty and kindness all aroundchessland radiates beauty and kindness all around

Wow! Great Tread!

I actually found out about Webkinz Insider from YTT! I don't know exactly how it happened but I heard about it from a friend and googled Yummytummy Tumbler. The first link was WI. I joined 2 years later though. But I only knew this website because of YTT.
chessland is offline Male
Old 09-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
How many zeros?

000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous
000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous

great job writing this I can't believe it's been a year!
000000005 is offline Male
Old 09-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
Call me Ana! :)

anaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Wow congrats Pat! I remembered that I hated this recipe from the start. I think one of my first descriptions was "What an ugly recipe! I'm gonna try to solve it! " I'm so glad you did though!
anaeem98 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

Thanks so much for this, Pat! I still can't describe how incredible the moments were from Yummytummy Tumbler's debut to its solve. The whole thing was amazing, and you're right to mention the past, present, and future of this section - it was just one of the fantastic experiences that has shaped this part of WI.

More on this later.

P.S. - Page skewed?
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 09-24-2010, 06:06 AM   #8
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
P.S. - Page skewed?
Must be my images. I will fix that this afternoon.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 09-25-2010, 06:00 AM   #9
ill make Xmas great

RobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonder

YTT takes ALL the fun out of my birthday.
I actually wish you had done it the day before or after today.
RobertFrog is offline Male
Old 09-25-2010, 06:48 AM   #10
How many zeros?

000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous
000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous

View Post Originally Posted by RobertFrog
YTT takes ALL the fun out of my birthday.
I actually wish you had done it the day before or after today.
I'd be happy to have a historical solve on my birthday!

Happy 1 year anniversary to the solve of YTT!
000000005 is offline Male
Closed