Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Recipes in Webkinz World

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #21
How many zeros?
Webkinz :)

000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous
000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous

Default Re: How to help solve secret recipez! ~ My fellow chefs please come and post suggestions, ideas, improvements!!!

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
Yes, I do have Office 2007. I can open any of the Excel spreadsheets as well because of this. I tried to save as a 1997-2003 document (hadn't noticed that before) and it worked!

But it is just the same as the one you attached to the third post.
I can open that one...maybe it's just my computer? I have 2007...

---- Added after 2 minutes ----

I can view the ones on the third post, though

Last edited by 000000005; 03-15-2009 at 07:49 AM..
000000005 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #22
Good Luck Chefs!!

AChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guide

Default Re: How to help solve secret recipez! ~ My fellow chefs please come and post suggestions, ideas, improvements!!!

My method for eliminating one specific ingredient:

#1. I have a Master List of all 97 W-Shop ingredients that I have many copies of, and like MCJ I will write on the top my main ingredient and as each combo is tried I will mark off that ingredient.

#2. I go through Amneri's list and check off what that ingredient has been tried with. As mentioned by Cocoabean, always check the date after the combo to see if it pertains to the recipe you are working on.

#3. My preference would be to go in ABC order and sometimes I will do that but lately have picked ingredients by boost #s or what I feel I really think is a good combo. If there has not been too many ingredients tried with your main ingredient the ABC order is so much easier to keep track of what has been tried, especially if you really believe that your main ingredient is in that recipe.

#4. Because I am not so good at math and because then I absolutely will know if I made a mistake on purchasing here is what I also do. On a separate sheet of paper I will list my main ingredient....let's say that I am eliminating Almonds.......here is what I do...

ALMONDS:

Apple: 95/5
Apple Juice: 94/4
Asparagus: 93/3
Bagel: 92/2
Baked Beans: 91/1
Baked Potato: 90/9
Banana: 89/8

The 95 represents that I have to buy 95 each of Almonds & Apples.

Now the 5 represents that when I reach 90 Apples in my dock, I will only have 5 more in that combo to buy for my last purchase. Because I can purchase items pretty quick this helps me keep track of the exact numbers, especially purchasing all the other W-Shop food items. It will let me know right away if I had made a mistake in purchasing.

After my full combo purchases are done I will scroll through my dock to make sure that no item was purchased twice. As I start my combos I always have my Master List and as each single W-Shop item is put in the blender with the two main ingredients I check my list to make sure that ingredient is the next one. You would think that I would have all 97 ingredients memorized ~ but ~ I don't and it is so much easier to find a mistake as you are trying each combo than be down to your last ingredient and find you are short by 1......I have done that before and it's not fun when you have to go back and re-do a complete combo, a waste of KK and time.

I like to buy everything at once instead of going back and forth. But MCJ and ClaraZ have a good point, if you have made a mistake, you would only have a certain amount of ingredients to re-do if you are only purchasing 9 or 18 combos at a time.

Also, I do not always work on specifically eliminating ingredients from a recipe, but since I have been doing a lot of this I thought I would explain how I go about it.

I have gotten very lucky solving so many recipes. My friend Kitten496 was trying combos from ingredients that were never used in secret recipes. I had made a thread of those items quite a while ago and you can see two separate lists......one of ingredients never used in any recipe in WW and ingredients never used in secret recipes only. You can see from those lists how many secret recipes were made. You can find those lists on monkeecj's thread All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes in one Convenient Place.

I hope this gave you some insight on how I go about cooking!

Good luck to everyone!!

Last edited by AChip; 03-15-2009 at 08:45 AM..
AChip is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #23
How many zeros?

000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous
000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous

The thread was stickied! Congratulations cocoabean!
000000005 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #24
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

Arrow Re: How to help solve secret recipez! ~ My fellow chefs please come and post suggestions, ideas, improvements!!!

View Post Originally Posted by AChip

#1. I have a Master List of all 97 W-Shop ingredients that I have many copies of, and like MCJ I will write on the top my main ingredient and as each combo is tried I will mark off that ingredient.

#2. I go through Amneri's list and check off what that ingredient has been tried with. As mentioned by Cocoabean, always check the date after the combo to see if it pertains to the recipe you are working on.

#3. My preference would be to go in ABC order and sometimes I will do that but lately have picked ingredients by boost #s or what I feel I really think is a good combo. If there has not been too many ingredients tried with your main ingredient the ABC order is so much easier to keep track of what has been tried, especially if you really believe that your main ingredient is in that recipe.

#4. Because I am not so good at math and because then I absolutely will know if I made a mistake on purchasing here is what I also do. On a separate sheet of paper I will list my main ingredient....let's say that I am eliminating Almonds.......here is what I do...

ALMONDS:

Apple: 95/5
Apple Juice: 94/4
Asparagus: 93/3
Bagel: 92/2
Baked Beans: 91/1
Baked Potato: 90/9
Banana: 89/8

The 95 represents that I have to buy 95 each of Almonds & Apples.

Now the 5 represents that when I reach 90 Apples in my dock, I will only have 5 more in that combo to buy for my last purchase. Because I can purchase items pretty quick this helps me keep track of the exact numbers, especially purchasing all the other W-Shop food items. It will let me know right away if I had made a mistake in purchasing.

After my full combo purchases are done I will scroll through my dock to make sure that no item was purchased twice. As I start my combos I always have my Master List and as each single W-Shop item is put in the blender with the two main ingredients I check my list to make sure that ingredient is the next one. You would think that I would have all 97 ingredients memorized ~ but ~ I don't and it is so much easier to find a mistake as you are trying each combo than be down to your last ingredient and find you are short by 1......I have done that before and it's not fun when you have to go back and re-do a complete combo, a waste of KK and time.

I like to buy everything at once instead of going back and forth. But MCJ and ClaraZ have a good point, if you have made a mistake, you would only have a certain amount of ingredients to re-do if you are only purchasing 9 or 18 combos at a time.

Also, I do not always work on specifically eliminating ingredients from a recipe, but since I have been doing a lot of this I thought I would explain how I go about it.

I have gotten very lucky solving so many recipes. My friend Kitten496 was trying combos from ingredients that were never used in secret recipes. I had made a thread of those items quite a while ago and you can see two separate lists......one of ingredients never used in any recipe in WW and ingredients never used in secret recipes only. You can see from those lists how many secret recipes were made. You can find those lists on monkeecj's thread All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes in one Convenient Place.

I hope this gave you some insight on how I go about cooking!

Good luck to everyone!!

I will have to try that. Great tips!

Oh, and yes, cocoabean! Yet another of your threads has been stickied. What # is this? LOL
Jumping Wizard is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #25
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Congrats Cocoa on getting stickied. I think we all know who did it.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #26
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

View Post Originally Posted by cocoabean
Later posts will explain about using Monkeecj's HHH boosts thread, All W Shop foods thread and even ClaraZ25's thread on the history of secret recipez! ( I find myself using all of these very regularly!)
I think it is a very good idea to make a section on each of the stickied (and maybe some unstickied [serinasong's?]) threads in this forum and have an explanation of what each can be used for to help solve the recipes.
monkeecj is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

Yes, I do have Office 2007. I can open any of the Excel spreadsheets as well because of this. I tried to save as a 1997-2003 document (hadn't noticed that before) and it worked!

But it is just the same as the one you attached to the third post.
This is awesome! I plan on working to add all of this new stuff to the thread this afternoon and this evening!

I'm so glad you can open all the excel files too now!

Got to go play outside with my kids for a while at some point since it's so nice today!

View Post Originally Posted by 000000005
I can open that one...maybe it's just my computer? I have 2007...

---- Added after 2 minutes ----

I can view the ones on the third post, though
hmm... you should be able to open anything on WI, excel or word with Office 2007... but that is making me think that since not everyone can that I will also maybe include a large jpeg and a spoiler list with all w shop foods so people can just copy and paste into their own documents or just print the jpeg!

View Post Originally Posted by AChip

Thank you AChip! I'm going to add this to the first posts if that would be ok with you?!

I think it is a very good idea to make a section on each of the stickied (and maybe some unstickied [serinasong's?]) threads in this forum and have an explanation of what each can be used for to help solve the recipes.
YES! I agree! I know how I use them... but if you'd like to post how you use them I can include that on page 1!

View Post Originally Posted by Jumping Wizard
I will have to try that. Great tips!

Oh, and yes, cocoabean! Yet another of your threads has been stickied. What # is this? LOL
Thanks!

lol! I'm just glad it's useful to others! I think this thread when it's done will truly end up being evidence of a great team effort!

lol! Although I won't get much blending done today!

Last edited by cocoabean; 03-15-2009 at 01:21 PM..
cocoabean is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #28
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

I finally got the list of all the w-shop items to open n my computer. Now i have to figure out a way to open the spreadsheet. My computer is an old beast so this is quite the task for it. I am impressed.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #29
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
I finally got the list of all the w-shop items to open n my computer. Now i have to figure out a way to open the spreadsheet. My computer is an old beast so this is quite the task for it. I am impressed.
Great! and Thanks!

I'm thinking of adding a word doc with cells like the spreadsheet for those who can't open the excel docs.... also a jpeg of an excel sheet so people can just print a pic of it!

I'm adding a section on the first page about uses for different threads in the recipez section. I've added your thread and one of the ways that I use it... If you think of any more lmk!
cocoabean is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #30
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

I do use monkeecj's all w-shop foods for something else as well. In addition to the set of recipes that he has listed he also includes all other ingredients that has ever been eliminated for _______ recipe. I find this very helpful when eliminating the -ytt set from recipes. All you have to do is eliminate those 30 or so #3 foods from what ever combo you are wanting to eliminate the -ytt set from.

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, cocoa rocks., code wowewe, future sticky for sure!, sticky sticky sticky, sticky! sticky! sticky!!, sticky! sticky! sticky?, sticky!! sticky! sticky!, sticky-sticky-sticky, we sure ♥ sticky, who is sticky?, who the heck is sticky?!, yo sticks