Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Recipes in Webkinz World

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default How to Help Solve Secret Recipez!

How to Help Solve Secret Recipez!

WI Chefs, Please post your additions, suggestions and improvements so we can make this as helpful as possible for new chefs!

Thread Guide
Many useful links can be found in Posts#1 through #6 in purple font.
Permalinks to Posts 1-6 can be found in black in the thread guide.

Post #1 ~ Basic Info on completing the recipe combos you see posted on Amneris's thread
The "food #1 + food #2" elimination method.

Post #2 ~ How to use spreadsheets and other tracking methods when cooking - including "minus previously eliminated" combos. Excel Doc attached to this post.

Post #3 ~ Added AChip's method to this post & permalink to AChip's post. Monkeecj's method is on this post, along with 3 word docs, a list of all W Shop foods and a link to a jpeg of the list.

Post #4 ~ Added YTT set Excel Workbook (current as of April 4) also added Aquiverful's link to an Excel Viewer Download

Post #5~ How to use the other threads in the Recipez section for solving recipez! Don't miss this info! Learn about some really great threads in the recipez section and how to use them in recipe solving.

Post #6 ~ Recipez Theories! Wondering what "YTT set" means? Wondering what the "Hot Chocolate Theory" is? Come find out here!

Many people like to just throw three random ingredients into the appliances and see what happens! This can even lead to finding a recipe! Many of WI’s Master Chefs often do random combos with just a few ingredients they suspect might be in a secret recipe based on it’s looks or it’s health, hunger and happiness boosts. This is all fine! It’s a very fun way to try to make recipez!

These type of combos that involve three different foods generally get posted on the recipe thread for the recipe which you are trying for. For example if I try to make YTT by mixing chocolate milk with ice cream and popcorn, but all I get is gak then I might post this on the YTT thread.

If you want to delve a little deeper into recipe solving and help other WI chefs with the ongoing quest to solve recipez one of the best ways, in my humble opinion, is to, along with these types of random, looks based, or boost based combos is to do the full eliminations you see WI Chefs posting on Amneris’s thread.

That is what I will attempt to explain in greater detail in the next section and the next few posts. There will be several methods explored and will include input from other WI Chefs.

Full "food #1 + food #2 + everything else" Elimination Method
Links can be found in purple font within the text below.

The most basic way to do combos and one of the most helpful to the other chefs on WI is to do a complete elimination. These are the combos you see posted on Amneris's thread and the combos which are tracked & updated in the first 4 posts of her thread.
This involves 2 main foods and then everything else…
example: food #1 + food #2 + everything else in the w shop!
*This does not include Supermega Toothbusters or Vitamins which are not in secret recipes.

This is very basic, and as long as you are checking your food and gak counts is very accurate.
To further insure accuracy combine this method with a record keeping method such as using spreadsheets or lists while you are cooking.
*Several of these methods will be discussed in Posts 2-4.

There are 97 w shop foods that can be used in recipez. For a "food #1 + food #2 + everything else" elimination, you will need to buy 95 of each of the first 2 ingredients and then 1 each of the remaining 95 foods. You will then cook, blend or sandwich the first 2 ingredients with one of the 95 single “third” ingredients. Your process will produce 95 various colors of gunks, gaks or blechs.
*There are some great tips from WI Chefs on purchasing your ingredients in section 2 "Buy your ingredients"

For example, if you think that apples are in Abracaldo Dabra and rather than just randomly test ingredients, you want to do a complete elimination to post on Amneris’s thread you may decide to eliminate the apples + bananas + everything else combo in the blender, what you would do is…

1. Check Amneris’s thread HERE to see if...

a. that combo has been done on the appliance you think the recipe is on
b. that combo has been done after the release date of the recipe. Let’s say you think the recipe is in the blender, so you check the list and find that someone has done apples + bananas + everything else… but the date listed is say 8/15/08… well we know this doesn’t apply to Abracaldo Dabra since it was released this February! This would be a valid combo to attempt for Abracaldo Dabra!

2. Buy your ingredients ~ several methods listed below

I first buy one of each ingredient from the W Shop. This will be 10 "check outs" of 9 different foods each and one "check out" of 7 different foods. I will now have all 97 usable foods in my dock. And I will usually check right after I've bought these to make sure I don't have more than one of each. I have usually decided before buying which combo I'm going to do, so after buying one of everything I feed my pet the 2 foods that are my "food #1 and food #2"! Your pet is working hard doing all that cooking! They deserve it! Lady Amalthea loves this since she usually only gets her Sparkling Flower Fondue! You may opt to sell them back to the W or not buy them in the first place in which case your last shopping trip would be 5 foods. I then buy 95 of each of the "first" and "second" foods. In the case of the example I'm using... 95 apples and 95 bananas.

If you choose you may buy your first and second foods first, 95 of each, and while buying the remaining foods, buy 9 at a time for 10 “check out” ‘s and your last check out will only have 5 items purchased if you’ve done it correctly (not purchase the first and second foods). If you end up buying more than 5 foods during the last shopping trip then you’ve most likely bought an extra of one of your first foods (go see if there’s 96 apples!) or bought 2 of something along the way which is easy to see! Just go look for the ingredient that has 2! If you end up buying less than 5 on the last trip, you’ve most likely skipped purchasing a food in which case you need to go through your dock and compare to the w shop. It’s alphabetical so it’s not too difficult. It’s VERY important to the accuracy of Amneris’s list that we recipe solvers are providing accurate accounts of our attempts! So we’ve got to make sure that we are checking what we’ve bought.

*It's easiest to see what you've got if your dock is clear of other foods!

*You may also choose to buy less ingredients at a time. Some people will do 9 at at time and sell their gak, gunk or blech after each time. This method works best when you are using some form of record keeping (discussed in Posts #2 &3) while you are doing it. Otherwise you run the risk of missing ingredients.

3. Start Cooking, Blending or Sandwiching!

In the case of our example... go to your blender! You will use apple and banana for the first 2 ingredients each time you blend! Your 3rd ingredient will be the remaining 95 foods. Your apples and bananas will each go down 1 with each combo you do. If for some reason the apple and banana numbers do not match, it means that you have most likely used 2 of your “3rd” ingredients with only apple, or only banana. I’ve done this before! Basically… it means you start over (in order to avoid this we add some form of "as you go" record keeping which will be discussed in Posts 2,3 & 4). You can use the foods that you have left so you don’t have to re-buy everything, but unless you know exactly when it happened, the only way to maintain the accuracy of Amneris’s list is to re-do the combos. When you are done… count your gak! You should have 95. If you don’t, log out and then back in because sometimes if you close the blender window too quick, the gak won’t show up right away. But it will be there after a log out/log in.

4. Post your combo!

Once you've completed your combo you will then post on Amneris's thread. Our example combo would be posted like this...

"apple + banana + everything else 3/19/09 (or the date you do the combo) in the blender 95 gaks."

Or something along those lines. The important things to include for Amneris are the ingredients, the date you did the combo and the appliance. And be sure to come back and check the thread in case Amneris has any questions regarding the combo you did!

~
That's about it! Your basic "food #1 + food #2 + everything else" elimination combo!
Read on to find out more on record keeping, spreadsheet methods, other recipez threads in this section of the forum and how they can be used in solving recipez and more!!!

Last edited by cocoabean; 04-20-2009 at 05:40 PM..
cocoabean is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
ツ JenKittyCat

Donation Award 
Default How to solve secret recipez!

***For chefs who like to keep their own records! One method is to keep written records of what you try. This works very well. A good way to do this is to have a notebook specifically for recipe solving attempts. Another way is the spreadsheet method! This is particularly useful to me when I’m doing lots of eliminations with the same “food #1” Several spreadsheets will soon be attached to this thread for your use.

The Spreadsheet Method
There are many ways to use spreadsheets when cooking. I will cover a few of those. It will be easiest to understand if you open the spreadsheet attached to the bottom of this post!

The first way is to just go down or across columns choose your first food (type the first food in cell A1 for your reference) and then go to the second food from the row or column and just work your way across or down... you will skip the combos which are filled in with black, because you can't use 2 of the same ingredients when cooking!

You will buy 95 of each of the 1st and 2nd food, and 1 each of the remaining 95 foods.
And you will do the same for each ingredient you test with the 1st ingredient. Your elimination date when posting on Amneris's thread will be the date that you did the 95 combos. Because you always go all the way across the row or all the way down the column you will always be doing 95 combos. You can also buy less at one time... since you are marking (I use x's!) as you go you won't lose track of where you are in the elimination! Example buy 9 of each of the first and second foods, and the first 9 of the third foods.

If you start a different “1st ingredient” then you’ll need to copy the spreadsheet! Or open another one from this thread but save it as something else. I like to keep all my blender combos in the same workbook just on different sheets!

The second way to use the spreadsheet.

So you’ve decided your first food, let’s stay with apple. Then you pick the second food, let’s stay with banana. What you'll do is buy 95 of each of those and 1 each of the rest. You really think apple is in the recipe, and you want to test apples with several ingredients, starting with banana. So you will type “apple” into cell A1. Then you will go to the banana column and work down and then across from there... for example, when you look at the spreadsheet you can see I've filled in some cells for the banana column with "o" 's. Normally I use x's! But I didn't actually do these, just showing you for reference. Then you go down the row and test your food #1(apple) with food #2(banana) and everything else. When you get to banana in this column there will be a black filled in cell... because you won't test apple w/banana and banana! At this point you turn right and continue with the last foods filling them in the banana ROW now instead of the banana COLUMN. When you've completed this you will have done apple with banana and everything else.

Next say you do apple with blueberries... you'll move to the blueberries column and then row doing the same thing. You'll cross the line where apple was done with banana and blueberries and you won't do this one again because you did it in your apple + banana combos already! However, here's the tricky part... because in this second elimination with apple you only used 94 ingredients, the date for the elimination HAS to be the same as the date for your first elimination... because technically you didn't do a FULL elimination... but this saves money by not repeating combos you've already done... each ingredient you eliminate with apple you won't use in the next round.

So say you do apple with banana today 3/10/09... and then do apple with blueberries tomorrow, both eliminations will have the same date the earliest date of the "full" elimination (the apple + banana + ee date of 3/10/09). Because for the apple + blueberries + ee you used only 94 ingredients... you won't have tested apple with banana and blueberries because you already did it say on March 10. So if you choose to cook or blend or sandwich this way you must be sure to keep your original date with each combo you post subsequent to the first one! Another important way to note this for Amneris is “minus previously eliminated”.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsw shop foods spreadsheet.xls (45.0 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by cocoabean; 03-20-2009 at 07:40 PM..
Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
ツ JenKittyCat

Donation Award 
Default How to help solve secret recipez!

How WI Chefs Cook!!!
I've found that many of WI's Chefs use some form of record keeping for combos that they have done. I use spreadsheets like demonstrated above and have several workbooks that are for different appliances or ingredients. I track every combo I've ever done as do many others... see below for some other methods!

Here is a method used by my friend Monkeecj!
One of WI's great Master Chefs! He has solved 4 of Chef Gaspacho's Secret Recipez!
Read the full post by Monkeecj in Post #8.

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
I don't know if this helps, but I ALWAYS keep written records of the combos I do - I might get really confused over the Spreadsheet method (LOL). Well, what I do is make a list of all of the ingredients in the W Shop and then cross out the combos that I do with that ingredient as I go - when I begin I cross out all of the ingredients that have already been used in a combo with that particular ingredient.

I didn't even think of this until today, but I just made up a Word document of all the W Shop foods and now I am printing out a sheet when I want to eliminate an ingredient and it is easy to then cross out the foods as I go. Here is a picture of my example:

I write the name of the food I am eliminating at the top and then in the parenthesis I write the appliance and any other information I want about the eliminations, for example, "Only for YTT," or something to that effect. Then I cross out the eliminated ingredients as I work.

Here is a pic of a word doc I made based on Monkeecj's list.

Click here for an enlarged version to print as a jpeg if you'd like

or you may download the word docs attached to this post at the bottom.

~Click the image to open in full size.~

Monkeecj's combo sheet & 2 word docs I did based on it are attached to the bottom of this post.

AChip's Method!

No thread on solving recipez would be complete without AChip's method!

My friend AChip, THE Master Chef has solved 8 of Chef Gazpacho's secret recipez!!!

Read all of AChip's Original Post Here (#22)

View Post Originally Posted by AChip

My method for eliminating one specific ingredient:

#1. I have a Master List of all 97 W-Shop ingredients that I have many copies of, and like MCJ I will write on the top my main ingredient and as each combo is tried I will mark off that ingredient.

#2. I go through Amneri's list and check off what that ingredient has been tried with. As mentioned by Cocoabean, always check the date after the combo to see if it pertains to the recipe you are working on.

#3. My preference would be to go in ABC order and sometimes I will do that but lately have picked ingredients by boost #s or what I feel I really think is a good combo. If there has not been too many ingredients tried with your main ingredient the ABC order is so much easier to keep track of what has been tried, especially if you really believe that your main ingredient is in that recipe.

#4. Because I am not so good at math and because then I absolutely will know if I made a mistake on purchasing here is what I also do. On a separate sheet of paper I will list my main ingredient....let's say that I am eliminating Almonds.......here is what I do...

ALMONDS:

Apple: 95/5

Apple Juice: 94/4

Asparagus: 93/3

Bagel: 92/2

Baked Beans: 91/1

Baked Potato: 90/9

Banana: 89/8

The 95 represents that I have to buy 95 each of Almonds & Apples.

Now the 5 represents that when I reach 90 Apples in my dock, I will only have 5 more in that combo to buy for my last purchase. Because I can purchase items pretty quick this helps me keep track of the exact numbers, especially purchasing all the other W-Shop food items. It will let me know right away if I had made a mistake in purchasing.

After my full combo purchases are done I will scroll through my dock to make sure that no item was purchased twice. As I start my combos I always have my Master List and as each single W-Shop item is put in the blender with the two main ingredients I check my list to make sure that ingredient is the next one. You would think that I would have all 97 ingredients memorized ~ but ~ I don't and it is so much easier to find a mistake as you are trying each combo than be down to your last ingredient and find you are short by 1......I have done that before and it's not fun when you have to go back and re-do a complete combo, a waste of KK and time.

I like to buy everything at once instead of going back and forth. But MCJ and ClaraZ have a good point, if you have made a mistake, you would only have a certain amount of ingredients to re-do if you are only purchasing 9 or 18 combos at a time.

Also, I do not always work on specifically eliminating ingredients from a recipe, but since I have been doing a lot of this I thought I would explain how I go about it.

*Word Documents are attached to this post*

Also...

Open the spoiler for a list of all W Shop foods that you can copy and paste.
Spoiler: show
almonds
apple
apple juice
asparagus
bagel
baked beans
baked potato
bananas
blueberries
blueberry cheesecake
bottled water
bread
brocolli
burger
cake
candy apple
carrot cake
carrots
cheeses
cherries
chicken noodle soup
chicken nuggets
chocolate bar
chocolate milk
chocolate milkshake
chocolate pudding
coconut
cola
cookies
corn flakes
corn
cream soda
cupcake
dragon fruit
eggs
fish sticks
french fries
fruit punch
fudge
ginger ale
granola cereal
grapefruit
green grapes
honey
hot chocolate
hot dog
ice cream cone
ice pop
iced tea
jelly
kiwi fruit
lemon pie
licorice
lollipop
mac n cheese
marshmallows
milk
mushrooms
nachos
oatmeal
orange
orange juice
orange pop
pancakes
papaya
peach
peanuts
pear
peas
peppermints
pickles
pineapple
pink lemonade
pizza
popcorn
potato chips
pretzel
pumpkin
raisins
ramen noodles
raspberries
root beer
salad
shrimp
spaghetti
strawberries
strawberry yogurt
sunflower seeds
sushi
taco
toffee
tomato
tomato soup
waffles
watermelon
webkinz crackers
white rice

Last edited by cocoabean; 04-18-2009 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: Changing Monkeecj's solved number to 4!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
ツ JenKittyCat

Donation Award 

For Recipe Solvers who are working on eliminating the YTT set

This post currently has two zipped excel workbooks attached to it which contain sheets for each YTT set ingredient that is not already eliminated. The tabs on the bottom of the workbook show the ingredient. Within each ingredients sheet it also shows with "o" 's combos which have already been completed after the Abracaldo Dabra set of recipes. In addition all combos completed with the YTT set ingredient are also listed on the left most part of the sheet.
*If you use this workbook for YTT set combos be sure to date your combos 2/5/09 on Amneris's thread.

If you cannot unzip these files please pm me or post and I will pm a link to the
original non zipped files on my webspace.

*The workbooks are current as of April 4, 2009 at 11:00 PM.
You may check monkeecj's thread for recipe solver's eliminating the YTT set for the most current lists of ingredients eliminated with YTT set ingredients to update the workbork if you are using it.
I will update the workbook again in May.

Workbooks are attached to the bottom of this post. They are zipped using winzip.

You should be able to use these programs with your Excel Program. The 1997-2003 version is compatible with older versions of excel and the 2007 version is compatible with the 2007 version of Excel.

~

If you do not have Excel and cannot view the excel workbooks try this link to open the files!

Thank you to Aquiverful for this link to a program called Excel Viewer.

View Post Originally Posted by aquiverful
Also Cocoabean, for anyone who is unable to view the excel files, they can download a program called Excel Viewer. That is what I used to open your files when I first started cooking here.
Here is the link:
Download details: Excel Viewer 2003

3/23/09 97-03 version - 2 views
3/23/09 07 version - 6 views
3/24/09 97-03 version - 7 views
3/24/09 07 version - 11 views
Attached Files
File Type: zipytt set 2007v April 4 update.ZIP (175.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: zipytt set 1997-2003v April 4 update.ZIP (110.2 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by cocoabean; 04-20-2009 at 05:44 PM..
Old 03-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
ツ JenKittyCat

Donation Award 

How to use the other threads in the Recipez section
to solve secret recipes!
Links are in purple below!

There are so many useful threads for solving recipez in the recipez section of the forum. This post discusses different ways that WI chefs use the other threads in the recipez section to help solve recipes. Please post your suggestions on how you use these other threads! I will be sure to update this section with the new ideas! Links to the threads discussed are in the section titles! Remember I'm only listing how these are used in recipe solving... there is so much more awesome info in these threads that you will find yourself using them for all kinds of other things too!

The Recipez in Webkinz World section of the forum

If you are here you probably know how to get there! Most of the threads discussed below are in the sticky section of this forum or are usually up on page 1 of this section! The individual threads for each unsolved recipe are also in the sticky section. Currently these include YummyTummy Tumbler, Demitasse Lassi, and Abracaldo Dabra. These individual threads are where we post our ideas and recipe solving attempts that pertain to a specific recipe. I find it useful to read through the posts to see what others are thinking and to post my own thoughts to see what others think!

The WI Cookbook!

Thanks to 000000005 for suggesting this! You can open a page to the WI Cookbook by clicking the link above. I know that I spend a lot of time looking at the WI cookbook!

1. When considering an ingredient for a recipe you can go to the WI Cookbook and use the the list of ingredients to choose an ingredient and see all recipez with that ingredient and see how it was used in previous recipez. Obviously some of the recipez are so subjective that the ingredients make no sense, but a lot of times you really get just why something is used! It clicks and just makes sense! I often have the WI Cookbook open when I'm just thinking of what might be in something and I'll go back and forth comparing recipez and ingredients.
2. You can also use this to see how many times any ingredient has been used in recipez.

List of Eliminated Recipe Combinations, Volume 2

Thank you so much to Amneris for so diligently working to keep this list! It is truly one of the most valuable parts of the recipez forum. This fantastic thread keeps a record of every eliminated "food #1 + food #2" combination that WI members complete. It's in alphabetical order and organized by appliance. It also includes the dates of completion so we know which recipez the eliminations apply to. And all of this info is updated continually by Amneris on the first 4 posts! When you complete a "food #1 + food #2" elimination post it on this thread!

All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipe Pictures In One Convenient Place!

This wonderful thread by Monkeecj is SO much more than it's title says! Not only are there pictures of every W Shop food... There are pictures of unsolved recipez. Monkeecj's brilliant follow-ups on solved recipez which explain in detail his thoughts on why ingredients are used. Direct comparisons between foods and unsolved recipez. Pictures and lists of foods that are NOT in unsolved recipez. And so much more! This thread is continually updated by Monkeecj, so you can always go there and find the very latest information! ... this thread also includes AChip's thread post regarding unused ingredients in post #3! Take a look! You'll find yourself going back again and again!

1. Use this thread to see the list of ingredients NOT in unsolved recipez all the time. It's a great place to go to find what not to use when doing combos. I also love the comparisons Monkeecj does between unsolved recipez and W Shop foods. It's also very helpful to consider thoughts on why ingredients are used in a recipe, so as I said above... I love to read the brilliant follow-ups on solved recipez.

Verified Point (HHH) Boosts of W Shop Foods, Recipes, and Unsolved Recipes

Another great thread by Monkeecj! This thread lists the verified hunger, health and happiness boosts of all W Shop foods AND unsolved recipez. There is a great section on how to use boosts to solve recipes and a link to the curio shop website that lists boosts for all solved recipez so you can compare how boosts of foods line up with the recipez they are in. There's a TON of info on here that is just for using in deciding what to feed your pets too!

1. I use this thread all the time! The list of hhh for each food is often a major factor in what I will try next in a combo. And I'm always going there to get to the curio shop website!

A History of the Secret Recipes. Who Solved Them? When Were They Solved? How Many are There? and Other Interesting Info.

Thank you so much to ClaraZ25 (Pat) for this wonderful thread! The link is in the title above!

1. One of my favorite uses for this thread is for finding ingredients within a "set" of recipez. This thread lists every recipe within it's set and also includes the ingredients in the recipez. I used to keep this info in a spreadsheet, but now I don't have to since it's right here on WI!

Number of times each food has been used & the recipes they are in

This great thread by Serinasong has lots of great info on the number of times foods have been used and the recipez they are in!

1. Especially useful for YTT! When YTT was released it was stated in WW that the set contained igredients not often used in recipez.

~~~
If you've read down this far don't stop now! Check out Post #6 for Recipez Theories!

Last edited by cocoabean; 03-29-2009 at 02:02 PM..
Old 03-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
ツ JenKittyCat

Donation Award 

Recipez Theories!

These are a few different theories that have been discussed by WI chefs
over the past year and a half or so.
*Disclaimer ~ Remember these are theories! Not facts!
They are all very interesting... but none have been verified by Ganz.

Thank you so much to Monkeecj for compiling all this information &
writing it all up for me to post here!
See Monkeecj's original posts here (#59) and here (#70)

1. "Repeated Ingredient Theory" - theory that no ingredient will repeat in a set of recipes.
The Abracaldo Dabra set of recipes has disproved this theory - it repeated more than one ingredient. Although this theory still MAY be valid for YTT and Demitasse Lassi.

2. "Appliance Theory" - theory about appliance patterns in recipe sets. Each set so far has used a combination of either:

- 3 stove, 2 blender recipes
- 3 stove, 2 sandwich maker recipes
- 3 stove, 1 blender, 1 sandwich maker recipe

*Although it is impossible for the Abracaldo Dabra set to continue this tradition because there are only 4 recipes in that set.

3. "Favorite Ingredient Theory" - the theory that ingredients used previously/not used very often are more likely to be used in secret recipes - this is a BIG one; it directly relates to Serinasong's thread and AChip's old thread about repeated ingredients that is now on my "All W Shop Foods" thread (permalink to post #3 where AChip's post is quoted). Also check ClaraZ25's thread which lists all solved secret recipez and their ingredients.

4. "The Hot Chocolate Theory" (HCT) - relates to theory number three. You know all the fuss that was made of this. I will relate it to the unsolved recipes sometime, but for now I am posting the original which relates to Poppaballoo. Please remember that it was INCORRECT for Poppaballoo, but Poppaballoo helps to prove that Ganz does like to repeat ingredients in sets.

The Hot Chocolate Theory (written August 26th, 2008 )

"I stared and stared for the longest time at Dash's thread with the list of ingredients used in the latest recipes and have developed my own pattern here. I don't know if any of this will make sense, or if it will work, but I think it's interesting. I'm going to collaborate my thoughts below:

If a person was to assume that the name of the recipe would hint at the ingredients, consider this:

Of the last 40 recipes released (including those unsolved as a recipe but not as a part of the final number) exactly 1/5 have had an ingredient(s) that starts with the same letter as the first letter in the name.

That's not a very high number. That means that of every new set released, only 1 (on average) will have an ingredient with the same letter as the name. Since both Pomeadrone Punch and Floridisa have accomplished this, the chances that Poppaballoo has an ingredient starting with "P" is VERY unlikely.

(Please remember that this is only statistics, so Poppaballoo and the next 100 recipes released could all start with a letter that starts an ingredient, just very unlikely if the trend continues)

If a person was to assume that the recipes should use ingredients that haven't been used much, REALLY consider this one (it's a shocker ):

Based on an average, of the last 40 recipes released, 3/4 of the ingredients were used multiple times throughout the 40! That means that only 1 of every 4 ingredients will have not been used in the last 40 released!

Here's some statistics on the Gladdugrumble group just for an example:

Chimericamaki
Blueberry Cheesecake - used 2 times in the last 40
Apple Juice - 2
Sushi - 2

Slipinsip
Iced Tea - 2
Jelly - 3
Banana - Exception (note this one for future recipes or unsolved) - 1

Syzyglorbit
Candy Apple - 2
Pickles - 4
Orange - 2

Gladdugrumble
Honey - 4
Corn Flakes - 4
Root Beer - 2

Think about this and note how many ingredients have only been used once or twice EVER and how these all are used multiple times only in the last 40 recipes released! It's amazing if you think about it. I am starting to believe we should pay attention to the ones USED instead of UNUSED.

Also, remember Pomeadrone Punch?
Honey - 4
Pickles - 4
Blueberries - 2

That one's recent and still follows the pattern to an amazing scale.

So, after considering all of this, I have some up with a cool theory.
In every recipe, there is a great possibility for this combination:

Recipe 1
Ing. 1 - Never used Ing. 2 - Used in the last 40 Ing. 3 - Used in the last 40

Recipe 2

Recipe 3

Recipe 4
Ing. 1 - Used in the last 40 Ing. 2 - Used in the last 40 Ing. 3 - Used in the last 40

Recipe 5 (One ingredient will correspond letters)

Remember: The "one ingredient corresonds" recipe can fit any of the recipes, but only one of them.

Here's how the latest set has worked out to follow this average:

Mount Snococo = Same combination as Recipe 1
Floridisa = Recipe 2 (Except Ing. Corresponds)
Pomeadrone Punch = Recipe 4 (Ing. Corresponds)
Serpentash Squash = None (All 3 have been used)

This leaves Poppaballoo with the following combination:

Poppaballoo (no ingredient uses "P")
Ing. 1 - Never used Ing. 2 - Never used Ing. 3 - Used in the last 40

Since Hot Chocolate has been used in the last 40 (once - Fluffed Snuglapuffin) that leaves two ingredients with it that have not been used in the last 40. I am not willing to try ingredients only with unused ones, because it is just statistics and could change, but I think there is a good possibilty. We will see when it is solved.
Another thing to remember is that this is just statistics, NOT something Ganz has made up and is trying to follow. It is just what has happened and cannot tell the future, only the past. It is possible this may keep up... who knows? Only "time will tell" (as the Secret of the Old Clock would say)....

What made me want to send this, though, is the fact that those fractions (1/5 and 1/4) were EXACT. Isn't that weird that they would both come out to exacts?
..."

5. The "Irony Theory" - AChip's idea that Gladdugrumble ingredients may fall into YTT. Who knows?

The "Irony Theory" (written August 27th, 2008 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by AChip
OK, I don't know why I did not think of this before but here it goes.

As I'm looking over my handwritten list of all the secret recipes that
are solved and unsolved, I noticed something very peculiar.

Gladdugrumble: everyone thought this had spaghetti or broccoli

YummyTT: everyone thought this would have rootbeer or honey
(at least I thought so honey has the word yummy in the
description) and the foam on the rootbeer.

What if they did this on purpose - to get everyone dumb like to me to try
broccoli in Gladdugrumble WHICH I DID MOST WILLINGLY and spaghetti.

I believe a lot of people if they were going by the description to try honey and
or rootbeer in YTT OMG if I am right - WOW OH WOW, I will be so proud of
myself. Only thing is spagetti is so darn expensive. I am going to concentrate
on spaghetti; broccoli; and baked potato because I really thought that those
heads looked like POTATO HEADS.

OK, I just had to voice this, I hope to goodness I am at least right on something
here.

Last edited by cocoabean; 03-23-2009 at 03:55 PM..
Old 03-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
How many zeros?
Webkinz :)

000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous
000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous000000005 has accomplished something fantabulous

Default Re: How to help solve secret recipez! ~ My fellow chefs please come and post suggestions, ideas, improvements!!!

For a suggestion, how about a section on how to use the WI Cookbook? Like how to find a recipe and all the different ways, what buttons do what, etc.

Last edited by 000000005; 09-10-2009 at 06:13 PM..
000000005 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

Default Re: How to solve secret recipez!

View Post Originally Posted by cocoabean
***For chefs who like to keep their own records! One method is to keep written records of what you try. This works very well. A good way to do this is to have a notebook specifically for recipe solving attempts. Another way is the spreadsheet method! This is particularly useful to me when I’m doing lots of eliminations with the same “food #1” Several spreadsheets will soon be attached to this thread for your use.
I don't know if this helps, but I ALWAYS keep written records of the combos I do - I might get really confused over the Spreadsheet method (LOL). Well, what I do is make a list of all of the ingredients in the W Shop and then cross out the combos that I do with that ingredient as I go - when I begin I cross out all of the ingredients that have already been used in a combo with that particular ingredient.

I didn't even think of this until today, but I just made up a Word document of all the W Shop foods and now I am printing out a sheet when I want to eliminate an ingredient and it is easy to then cross out the foods as I go. Here is a picture of my example:

Click the image to open in full size.

I write the name of the food I am eliminating at the top and then in the parenthesis I write the appliance and any other information I want about the eliminations, for example, "Only for YTT," or something to that effect. Then I cross out the eliminated ingredients as I work.
monkeecj is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Click the image to open in full size.

CJ this is brilliant. I used to write out all the ingredients and then cross them out but typing them up once and then printing is a lot easier. Also when i elimintae I do 9 foods at a time. For instance if i want to eliminate almonds + apple. I buy 9 apples, 9 almonds, and then 1 apple juice, asparagus ... bottled water. and then i eliminate those. I then sell those 9 gaks and do the next 9 combos. Until I am done. Cocoa this guide is excellent.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
Also when i elimintae I do 9 foods at a time. For instance if i want to eliminate almonds + apple. I buy 9 apples, 9 almonds, and then 1 apple juice, asparagus ... bottled water. and then i eliminate those. I then sell those 9 gaks and do the next 9 combos. Until I am done.
I usually do 9 or 18 at a time as well. The only exception is when I get down below 30 ingredients left to eliminate I usually just buy all at the same time, but if there are 95 foods to try I only buy 9 or 18 at a time (it is easier to keep track of and seems to keep the job moving a little bit faster - I have a goal to reach in the short-term which makes it seem to finish more quickly).
monkeecj is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, cocoa rocks., code wowewe, future sticky for sure!, sticky sticky sticky, sticky! sticky! sticky!!, sticky! sticky! sticky?, sticky!! sticky! sticky!, sticky-sticky-sticky, we sure ♥ sticky, who is sticky?, who the heck is sticky?!, yo sticks