Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Recipes in Webkinz World

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

Arrow All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipe Pictures In One Convenient Place!

I spent some time copying and pasting pictures of all the W-Shop foods onto Paint and then morphed the pictures together to make a giant collaboration of all the foods. I think this may be useful to those solving recipes (it is for me), so they can take a look at what the food looks like without having to log onto Webkinz World. It helps you to take notice of the color of the foods and the plates/bowls they are on/in so you can compare them to the secret recipes.

I also have some small pictures of the unsolved recipes conveniently in one place...

...AND NOW SO MUCH MORE!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contents:

The Basics
--- Post #2 ---
--- W Shop Food Pictures ---
--- Unsolved Recipe Pictures ---

Appliances
--- Post #3 ---

Comparisons
--- Post #4, #5 ---

--- Boiled Wyvernacle ---

Eliminated Ingredients
--- Post #6 ---

Ideas
--- Post #7 ---
--- The Original Thread Use: How I Solved Floridisa ---
--- AChip's thread about Unused Ingredients ---

Solved Recipe Follow-ups:
--- Post #8, #9 ---
--- Mocha Polka COMING SOON ---
--- Murkiibuns COMING SOON ---
--- Gloprisma/Keeleebabs/Worblewraps/Mataruk-Lucks/Wanapaneer COMING SOON ---
--- Falleafals COMING SOON ---
--- Spiny Sporcues ---
--- Freckled Wendaloo ---
--- Buzzy Blazzurro ---
--- Betwinkled Strumble ---
--- Pokeydokees ---
--- Striped Mellowmallow ---
--- Sweet Echocoa ---
--- Shellbellow ---
--- Forsty Benumblex ---
--- Tusslepuff ---
--- Blastop Rocaket ---
--- Careening Rojodillos ---
--- Canoopaddarole ---
--- Bellatart ---
--- Wigglumdrip/Ravishelli ---
--- Jazzi Jeweloni/Amora Supora ---
--- Maizealoop/Puzzellapies/Rhomblintzes ---
--- Demitasse Lassi ---
--- Yummytummy Tumbler ---
---Abracaldo Dabra ---
--- Sweet Creola ---
--- Picaroon ---
--- Grapplesnap/Springerle Drizz ---
--- Poppaballoo ---
--- Twistifish Fondue/Fixichini/Pearlipate ---
--- Symphoscone ---
--- Rextexmex ---
--- Ainbowray Canape ---
--- Cogitaticake ---
--- Megachinewich ---
--- Monstrosoupy ---
--- Spinneretti ---
--- Bluchetta Grillon ---

Other Links:
-To learn more about the wonders of the Recipez section, read through WI's longest post which contains text about the most influential secret recipes of all time:

-To discover which recipes I think are the best and worst of all time, including a ranking of all the solved recipes up until August 2011, see this massive anniversary thread:

-Make sure to check out this amazing thread by serinasong that gives in detail the number of times ingredients have been used in secret recipes!:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by monkeecj; 04-27-2013 at 03:49 PM..
monkeecj is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

Default Re: All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes In One Convenient Place!

--- THE BASICS ---

*THE W-SHOP FOODS*

Click the image to open in full size.

I still have the old pictures. If you would like to see them, just ask. (:

*THE UNSOLVED SECRET RECIPES*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by monkeecj; 05-07-2012 at 05:29 PM..
Old 08-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

Default Re: All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes Pictures In One Convenient Place!

--- APPLIANCES ---

*Appliances*
Based on announcements in the Webkinz World Newzpaper and on Webkinz Newz, the appliances of the unsolved recipes can be narrowed down. Here are the possibilities for each unsolved recipe, and the most likely choice based on experience.

Boiled Wyvernacle -
Release date April 27, 2010. In contradiction with previous announcements, Ganz confirmed that this is a stove recipe.

Possibilities: STOVE

Last edited by monkeecj; 04-27-2013 at 03:50 PM..
Old 08-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

Default Re: All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes Pictures In One Convenient Place! *Updated*

--- COMPARISONS ---

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
*Interesting Comparisons for Boiled Wyvernacle*
Take a look at the similarities of the shape and color of the W Shop foods to the shape and colors of Boiled Wyvernacle. Which ingredients look plausible based on their images?

Last edited by monkeecj; 04-01-2012 at 01:52 PM..
Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #5
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

Default Re: All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes Pictures In One Convenient Place! *This helped me solve Floridisa! Take a look!*

--- COMPARISONS ---

Last edited by monkeecj; 11-05-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Old 08-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

Default Re: All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes Pictures In One Convenient Place! *This helped me solve Floridisa! Take a look!*

--- ELIMINATED INGREDIENTS ---

*Eliminated Ingredients*
Based on the List of Eliminated Recipe Combinations, these are the ingredients that can be ruled out for each of the unsolved recipes. All ingredients have been documented as having been tried with every possible combination of foods in an appliance.

Please note the appliance for which the eliminations are listed - they are based on the "Most Likely" choice from the Appliances section above.

Eliminated foods are only valid assuming eliminations on the List of Eliminated Recipe Combinations have been completed correctly, and assuming the recipe's appliance has been guessed correctly.

Boiled Wyvernacle -
Eliminations are listed for the STOVE:

All original and new W Shop Foods eliminated
corn dog

Last edited by monkeecj; 04-02-2015 at 06:00 PM..
Old 08-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

--- IDEAS ---

*On Solving Floridisa*
I used this thread to help myself solve Floridisa back on August 9th, 2008! I was able to mentally compare the color of french fries and the color of the central structure in Floridisa to conclude that french fries were in the recipe. If you look closely, they are nearly the same! It is that kind of comparison that this thread can be used for. I hope it helps to get other recipes solved in the future!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AChip's Thread on Unused Ingredients*
One of our theories has been that ingredients never used in secret recipes will be more likely to be used in the newer recipes. Here is a closed thread originally posted by AChip:

Spoiler: show
Originally Posted by AChip
POSSIBLE NEW THEORY FOR GETTING YTT SOLVED.

Thanks to carmel_mom for her list of ingredients hardly used when YTT first came out; here is what I have done, I have taken carmel_mom's list and compared it to the list of ingredients never used in secret recipes list: listed below are those items that appear on BOTH lists:

Potato Chips

Some of these ingredients have been used since this part of the thread debuted:

Macaroni & Cheese is in Fixichini.
Pear is in Pearlipat.
Pretzel is in Fixichini.
Peach is in Demitasse Lassi.
Cupcake is in Bellatart.
Popcorn is in Blastop Rocaket.
Almonds are in Spiny Sporcues.
Grapefruit is in Gigglifuzzeela.

They did say that the set of recipes that came out with YTT used ingredients that were hardly ever used, maybe, just maybe one of these together will produce YTT. I have not checked with Amneris' list yet of what combos out of these 11 have already been done. I have each combo already on a list, it will take a while to complete this list in combination with each other, but just wanted to put this out there for thought.

I might just be grasping at straws here, but who knows, please let me know what you think.

This is a list of ingredients USED ONLY ONCE and this includes secret recipes
and the regular recipes:

INGREDIENTS THAT HAVE ONLY BEEN USED ONCE

1. Oatmeal

When I originally made this list (it was in May) there were 12 food items, I have listed the food item and the secret recipe it was found to be in:

Burger -----------------------------Cloyin Hoipoli
Carrot Cake-----------------------Chortletorte
Chocolate Pudding-------------Slimescraper and Misrateru Druppling
Granola-----------------------------Misrateru Druppling
Grapes------------------------------Spinneretti
Oatmeal----------------------------Slimescraper
Orange Pop ----------------------Sweet Creola
Papaya------------------------------Epochiquox Glimmer
Ramen Noodles------------------Bluchetta Grillon
Corn on the Cob ----------------Maizealoop
Broccoli ----------------------------Tusslepuff
Chocolate Milk -------------------Shellbellow

This second set is a list of ingredients that HAVE NOT BEEN USED IN THE SECRET RECIPES.

Baked Potato
Bottled Water
Carrots
Fruit Punch
Orange Juice
Peas
Potato Chips
Tomato

Grapes are in Spinneretti.
Hot dog is in Megachinewhich.
Webkinz crackers are in Ainbowray Canape.
Spaghetti is in Cogitaticake.
Nacho Chips are in Rextexmex.
White Rice is in Symphoscone.
Fishsticks are in Twistifish Fondue.
Pretzel is in Twistifish Fondue.
Cheeses are in Twisitifish Fondue.
Macaroni & Cheese is in Fixichini.
Pear is in Pearlipat.
Orange Pop is in Sweet Creola.
Apple is in Abracaldo Dabra.
Milk is in Demitasse Lassi.
Peach is in Demitasse Lassi.
Corn on the Cob is in Maizealoop.
Shrimp is in Wigglumdrip.
Cupcake is in Bellatart.
Strawberries are in Bellatart.
Popcorn is in Blastop Rocaket
Broccoli is in Tusslepuff.
Chocolate Milk is in Shellbellow.
Almonds are in Spiny Sporcues.
Toffee is in Mocha Polka.
Grapefruit is in Gigglifuzzeela.

Last edited by monkeecj; 04-21-2012 at 04:10 PM..
Old 08-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #8
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

Default Re: All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes Pictures In One Convenient Place!

--- SOLVED RECIPE FOLLOW-UPS ---

*Follow-up on Spiny Sporcues*

We've been on quite the roller coaster ride of ingredients for secret recipes lately, which seems to have been a maturation of Ganz's perspective towards their creations. We began with rather simple combinations - for example, Slipinsip with bananas, iced tea, and jelly; Slippamarink Sandwich with bagel, ice cream cone, and ice pop - without ever losing that special twist, no matter how small, that makes recipes unique - for example, farm fresh cabbage in Yummytummy Tumbler; waffles in Sacchbingarings. After a while, Ganz's true genius blossomed and ingredients fit perfectly without any glaring literal translation and that same beautiful touch - for example, carrot cake, coconut, and pink lemonade in Chortletorte; apple juice, root beer, and sushi in Ocean Bubblyglub. Several years later, we began to wind up with recipes that lost some sense in their ingredients as far as I can tell, which is a shame considering the true art we have experienced in the past - for example, try to find sense in Tusslepuff's composition.

At this point, we seem to be reaching some new conclusions. The newest recipes appear to fall back to a more simple approach in choosing ingredients, like those of the first few sets released. The twist comes, however, with the appliance. The sandwich maker recipes no longer look like sandwich maker recipes and stove and blender recipes can switch almost interchangeably. What I prefer in a recipe is an appliance that makes sense and fits what the recipe is trying to achieve. In addition, I prefer ingredient combinations like those of Ganz's climax in recipe creation, such as Chortletorte and Monstrosoupy. Over-simplified and nonsensical just aren't needed. I see some hope that the newer recipes will begin to balance back to this desired structure, but until then Spiny Sporcues - designed much earlier - fits the combination almost perfectly.

I always, always thought that I could solve Spiny Sporcues because it had to include one of three ingredients - pineapple, dragon fruit, and french fries. All three were the best contributors to the "spiny" and those characteristic spikes are the sole reason why this is an incredibly interesting, unique, and beautiful recipe. I couldn't imagine Spiny Sporcues not including something spiky, because it desperately needed that to fulfill its central concept. I did eliminate all three of the above ingredients on two different appliances without success, and subsequently gave up hope of understanding the recipe's eventual combination. What we got instead was an ingredient that is much more subdued - and admittedly not quite as fitting - but still true to the recipe's meaning.

Kiwi fruit, when combined with the other two components, does work well in Spiny Sporcues. It's not spiny, of course, but it's fuzzy, and for some reason that seems to count sufficiently enough. My perspective is that the almonds work to add some of the spike to the recipe with their pointed appearance and crunchy texture. Almonds, incidentally, were one of the few ingredients left to not ever be used in a secret recipe, and their incorporation leaves us with only 10 original foods to not show up in a solved recipe to date (see AChip's thread in Post #7 for the full list). For that reason, finding them in Spiny Sporcues is an interesting twist and makes them all the more worthwhile.

I always felt that no matter the three ingredients in this recipe, at least one of them had to be a fruit - Spiny Sporcues just emanates fruitiness! Kiwi fruit satisfies me in this regard, and coconut, which I think can be considered a fruit as well, adds to the satisfaction. The vibrant colors and the exotic spikes make tropical fruits like kiwi and coconut perfectly fitting and adding the extra flare needed to accomplish such a distinction.

The appliance was the reason why this is currently the second-longest unsolved recipe in history, behind only Yummytummy Tumbler itself. I initially was certain that it must be a stove recipe, because at the time there were few examples of recipes that would stretch the appliance boundaries. My viewpoint changed when I eliminated dragon fruit, pineapple, and french fries on the stove and figured it couldn't be anything but one of those three. Moving onto the sandwich maker as my only hope for having one of that group incorporated, I soon realized that the basket with the checkered paper seemed more like a sandwich maker design - plenty of original sandwich maker recipes had the same style. I thought Ganz would have been willing to make that switch to the sandwich maker for interest back as far as the Spiny Sporcues set, so it began to look more like a sandwich maker recipe every day. We accomplished an incredible feat when we exhausted every possible combination in the sandwich maker and did not solve the recipe. Only after all that frustration did we decide to switch back to the stove. After a matter of minutes only, the recipe was solved on the original appliance. I still think that Spiny Sporcues could have worked as a sandwich maker recipe and don't regret that we took that route first. Despite that, I am happy with where it ended up.

I would think of Spiny Sporcues as an exotic conversation piece suitable for a picnic. It has that incredible intrigue but in a beautifully simple form. It's a truly laudable contribution to the list of secret recipes.

-July 2011

*Follow-up on Freckled Wendaloo*

Chronological order is going to be immensely disturbed with these three follow-ups I have written at the same time, which are this one, Buzzy Blazzurro, and Spiny Sporcues. It may be advisable to read one of the other two or both before attempting this one.

Thinking to myself (but rather out-loud by writing it, I suppose!), I wonder if there are any recipes in the past which have shared Freckled Wendaloo's structure here, as it seems rather unique. Nothing comes to mind right away... The structure to which I refer is including one ingredient that is rather obvious and found directly in the image and two others which make no sense or very little of it. Most secret recipes include three ingredients which can be explained in some way or another, while the majority of those that don't fit that category have only one uncanny ingredient. The last combination would be to have all three that don't make sense, which I think is only exemplified by Tusslepuff. Others don't quite fit into any category at all, because they are borderline - for example, Demitasse Lassi which borders on Tusslepuff's insanity but peach and milk both may barely make some sense. I can't think of any others that have two definite crazy ingredients and one that is perfectly understandable.

Mushrooms, certainly, is the ingredient that fits plain-as-day. We have a concept to work with right away that is somewhat different, which is a sandwich held together by something other than bread. The mushrooms can be seen directly and are definitely a starting-point for the other ingredients.

Then we get lost. It doesn't help that the thing looks like a dog or a cow with a fat, juicy tongue lolling out and drooling; that has no relationship to the ingredients whatsoever.

I also think it looks like an old-fashioned telephone. I'm probably alone on that one!

Kiwi fruit, peanuts - your guess is as good as mine. I swear that those yellow curls lying around are cornflakes, but we get peanuts instead. I could see some tomato in that sandwich or maybe salad as lettuce, but we get kiwi fruit instead. The designers at Ganz may need to explain this one to me, because I just don't get it.

Fortunately, though, we were able to solve the recipe quickly due to that one obvious ingredient. It would have been a shame for all three to be nonsense, and then we would have had to suffer a repeat of Tusslepuff! I shudder at the thought.

-July 2011

*Follow-up on Buzzy Blazzurro*

I began writing the introduction for the Spiny Sporcues follow-up (see above) here for Buzzy Blazzurro. However, the deeper I delved into my thoughts about this ever-changing system of recipes, ingredients, and solves I decided that it fit best matched with the elusive Spiny Sporcues instead of this incredibly simple recipe. Still, the words written in the other follow-up relate closely to this recipe and all the recipes to be solved in the future.

My biggest disappointment with Buzzy Blazzurro is probably the fact that it seems to serve no purpose - we've seen these recipes with honey countless times. Quendidot Buzzitree had the "buzz" and contained honey, Florbuzzall Buggaburst had "buzz" and contained honey, etc. What makes a recipe purposeful is when an old ingredient like honey is transformed into something new with a totally different contribution to the recipe - for example, the heads in Gladdugrumble may be honey; the golden sparkle of Betwinkled Strumble is honey. Why is Buzzy Blazzurro different from these other recipes, and why should I make it?

Blueberries followed the honey with very little inspiration. The recipe has some blue glop in the center, and it turns out to be blueberries; not very resourceful in my book. Why not at least use blueberry cheesecake, or perhaps stretch the boundaries with raisins, or even ignore the goo altogether and have an ingredient contribute to another part of the recipe entirely, which I think this could use. The white rice, the last of the trio, seems to have no relationship at all. We're at two extremes here: some of the ingredients are so obvious it's painful, another is so obscure I can't find any connection whatsoever. Recipes have worked beautifully including one of the two extremes in some form, but they also achieved a certain balance that this recipe does not have. Instead of the rice, maybe we could explain the structure with something chocolate or the golden center with some waffles. I don't know - anything goes! But the white rice just doesn't work for me with no correlation.

Perhaps the most interesting characteristic of Buzzy Blazzurro is that it seems to have no reason to be made in the sandwich maker, which I think in this case is a fault rather than a virtue. We have seen now in recipes like Careening Rojodillos and Pokeydokees that sandwich maker recipes do not have to look much like sandwiches, and we are fine with that idea and adjusting our combinations accordingly. This recipe, on the other hand, just seems so wrong for the appliance that it must be the most out-of-place secret recipe in that regard to date. As much as it should be on the stove, I can even imagine it in the blender!

Frankly, I'm not impressed. Hopefully we can see some improvement from this unmemorable recipe with the others in its set.

-July 2011

*Follow-up on Betwinkled Strumble*

I think that creating a follow-up for Betwinkled Strumble would result in an essay very similar to the follow-ups to Careening Rojodillos and Pokeydokees. This is good, because we have a sort of confirmation about the evolution through which sandwich maker secret recipes have gone.

Let's start at the beginning, shall we? Astormishing Sandwich and Slippamarink Sandwich were the first two secret recipes released for the sandwich maker, on September 21, 2007. Slippamarink Sandwich was the first secret recipe ever solved, and was created just three hours after its release. What made these two recipes different from the blender and stove recipes of before was their use of a bread-like base which went along with the fact they could be made in the sandwich maker. Astormishing used plain bread, while Slippamarink used bagel, both of which ingredients could be seen almost plainly in their images.

The next sandwich maker recipe was released on December 7, 2007 as Jest the Best Bagel. The line of bread-like bases continued in both the name and ingredients with this one. Not only did the use of the bagel contribute to a uniqueness about the recipe, but the image of Jest the Best Bagel stood out from the rest as a flat, sandwich-like creation. The same could be said for Slippamarink.

May 29, 2008 saw the creation of the next two sandwich maker recipes: Pickapakora and Bluchetta Grillon. Initially, many members were uncertain as to which appliance should be used to create the recipes in the set, because neither of the sandwich maker recipes include that characteristic sandwich-maker look and could have easily passed for stove recipes. To this day, I still don't understand how Pickapakora was solved so quickly and efficiently by members of another forum (eleven hours after the recipe was released). After its solve, it became more clear that Pickapakora was not one whole sandwich, but more a barrel of many sandwiches. However, was tacos the bread or bagel of this recipe? That definitive characteristic ingredient was absent. Bluchetta Grillon followed an opposite pattern by using bread as one of its ingredients, but lacking a visual clue that it was a sandwich maker recipe, with no bread shown in its image. Still, it was flat...ish? Our minds were then stretched to accept less-than-obvious sandwiches into the repertoire of sandwich maker creations.

Believe it or not, Megachinewich was the only recipe released for the sandwich maker between the May 2008 set and the end of the year 2009. Following an even more updated set of rules, the recipe included hot dog, tacos, and burger. The definition of "bread-like" now seemed to include other types of foods with great substance and more like a "carbohydrate" than necessarily a "bread." Members adapted quickly to this new idea which gave the sandwich maker a much broader set of possibilities.

In November 2009 we saw the introduction of Rhomblintzes and Puzzellapies. Both of these recipes followed our established set of rules while adding some new ingredients into the mix: pancakes for Rhomblintzes and pizza for Puzzellapies. Rhomblintzes, in my opinion, was the least sandwich-maker-looking recipe ever destined for that appliance, as the stove could easily have been its true home.

The first recipes of 2010 gave us Careening Rojodillos and Betwinkled Strumble, and it was from them that our newest idea of what makes a sandwich maker recipe has been formed. It now seems that the "sandwich" part of the recipe does not need to be added in the ingredients (like bread, bagel, burger, pizza, or pancakes); the "sandwich" of the recipe can be formed from the recipe's use of the appliance itself. In Careening Rojodillos, we see fruit-snack-like creations in a sandwich shape formed out of just fruit ingredients. Skipping ahead to Pokeydokees, we see fruits and a vegetable mixed to form cupcakes. Neither of these require that bread-like ingredient of the past.

Betwinkled Strumble confirms this new type of sandwich with apple, chicken noodle soup, and honey being its only ingredients. Following the new pattern, the ingredients work splendidly to form this colubrine creation. It seems that a fruity ingredient has almost become as necessary as a "bread" used to be, and apple fulfills this desire well. I can imagine the recipe's aroma would be similar to that of apple pie. Honey is the most obvious of the trio by its shiny quality and golden color which match the Strumble, probably making it sticky and sweet like the image implies. The chicken noodle soup is a surprise, and a shock at how well it seems to work in the end when we wrap our heads around this new type of sandwich recipe - that curvy S-shape reminds me so much of the slippery noodles of the soup. And the golden color along with those noodles makes it seem like an even closer match, which I say again is quite a surprise, but true.

Three ingredients that may not have made much sense years ago now work so flawlessly to create our newest recipe, Betwinkled Strumble. It may be difficult to adjust to these changes in recipes over time, but it keeps things extremely interesting. I wonder more and more if the change helped Spiny Sporcues cross the one-year-unsolved mark... That is, if it happens to be a sandwich maker recipe. I don't think even Bluchetta Grillon's appliance confusion is quite as acute as that of Spiny Sporcues.

-December 2010

*Follow-up on Pokeydokees*

So a new "era" begins with the first use of two of thirteen new ingredients in a recipe food. Never did we think this change would come, although the thought had been dreaded for a long time. Pokeydokees becomes the first food since the creation of secret recipes to use ingredients other than those 97 original W Shop foods (oops, except for YTT, of course). Who would have thought that we would see a durian used in a secret recipe food before almonds, fruit punch, potato chips, tomato, and so many others?

Just a couple things I would like to discuss regarding this recipe:

There has been a definite change noticed by many in the ingredients used to make sandwich maker recipes. In the past, we saw a bread-like ingredient as a base in nearly all sandwich maker foods: Astormishing Sandwich (bread), Jest the Best Bagel (bagel), Rhomblintzes (pancakes), for example. However, there seems to be a shift in this pattern. Now, recipes no longer are requiring this bread-like food as part of the ingredients, no matter what the recipe itself is like. We can see that in Pokeydokees, which doesn't seem to be much of a sandwich, but still somehow works in the appliance. An even-more-drastic food to compare would be the currently unsolved Murkiibuns.

In case you missed it, look below at the Careening Rojodillos Follow-Up for an explanation for this new phenomenon (a particular excerpt of which I've quoted below). I've explained it so that it makes quite a bit of sense to me, so perhaps it will to someone else as well.

"My explanation is that the sandwich form of the recipe is inherent in its being made in the sandwich maker. It's like putting the three ingredients in addition to the sandwich that is already there."

As for the ingredients to Pokeydokees, they are simple and sensible and lead me to think that the ingredients for the other four recipes in its set shouldn't be too enigmatic to decipher. Two spiky foods (artichoke and durian) make a nice "pokey" recipe, wouldn't you agree? (If only Spiny Sporcues were so simple.) Raspberries once again make a spectacular entrance as the third ingredient "which makes perfect sense in a nonsensical way." I think the fruitiness of the raspberries is needed to increase this recipe's appeal, since artichoke and durian, going off the anecdotes I've heard of the latter, is a frightening combination.

The little "gremlins" of the recipe are themselves a bit creepy, aren't they? Just a bit.

-December 2010

*Follow-up on Striped Mellowmallow*

Recipes like Striped Mellowmallow are the ones that continue to spark my great respect for Ganz in their ability to create these works of art. In the majority of cases, the most important aspect of a solved recipe is its ingredients. As soon as the three foods that make Striped Mellowmallow were revealed, I was surprised in the best way possible.

I had expected every moment it was unsolved that Striped Mellowmallow would include one of the three ice ingredients - ice cream cone, ice pop, or iced tea. It was just too frozen in appearance for my mind not to follow this direction. When I found out that none of the three were included in the recipe, I was thrilled rather than disappointed. Ganz had outsmarted me, and brilliantly put together three foods that worked without needing an explanation - a quality prevalent in so many recipes from the past, and something desperately needed in the recipes of the present.

Lemon meringue pie really is perfection. It never once crossed my mind, even though the image is emanating its presence. The genius is in the way that it is not really noticeable until one tries to look for it. The meringue lightly flowing over the recipe's edges is a perfect match to the pie, and forms an incredible base for the other two ingredients.

The uniqueness of the lemon meringue pie is contrasted so perfectly with the easiness of jelly and pickles. It's intended to be red-and-green-striped, so why not add a red ingredient and a green ingredient? There's never a question if pickles or jelly are the right ones for the job - they simply are just right.

To be honest, I love it when I can't quite explain how the three ingredients to a recipe manage to create it so flawlessly. Who knows why sushi is perfection in Sweet Creola, or sunflower seeds make sense in Abracaldo Dabra, or why chicken nuggets couldn't be better in Blastop Rocaket. I envy Ganz's ability to make me wonder and still put together incredible combinations. Hopefully we will continue to experience that wonderful phenomenon throughout the future...

-October 2010

*Follow-up on Sweet Echocoa*

As always, there is such great wonder and beauty in simplicity.

When a recipe is solved and I don't have much to say in the follow-up, it sometimes points to boring or undesirable ingredients. In the case of Sweet Echocoa, however, it only means that there was much simplicity in the recipe, but beauty too.

Anything named "Sweet" just has to be good, don't you think? Anything chocolate does have to be good, that's for sure!! Sweet Creola has the same cuteness to it as Sweet Echocoa, and perhaps there is some unique connection between the two recipes - Sweet Creola was unsolved for 2 months, 26 days, while Sweet Echocoa was unsolved just one day longer at 2 months, 27 days. Coincidence...?

Of course, the ingredients don't require any explanation, which is a good thing in this recipe's case. Double-chocolate was almost required, and the lollipop adds just the right amount of extra sweetness. Still very simple, but just right.

My only disappointment in Sweet Echocoa is that it is made on the blender instead of the stove. I had much attachment to the idea that it could be a stove recipe from its release, and I became too sure of it. I still feel that it somehow would have added depth to the creation, if only the stove was its appliance. Perhaps it would have added a hint of mystery to contrast the simplicity by putting the chocolate milk on the stovetop... That's the only thing I would have changed.

It may not be the most fantastic or unique recipe ever created, but it's simple and sweet, and that's just enough.

-October 2010

*Follow-up on Shellbellow*

Shellbellow was unsolved too long. Its ingredients fit it so perfectly, it makes me baffled to think that it took ten months for someone to finally try to eliminate the obvious, and have the recipe solved that same week. In this unique instance, though, I was going after the obvious, yet I also did not solve the recipe.

History has shown us that blender recipes are very, very often based in a drink, which makes a lot of sense; a good structure for a drink has a foundation of a liquid followed by two other ingredients (Magimmery Mist, Trickle Treacle, YummyTummy Tumbler, etc.). A second drink is not required, but also works extremely well (Ocean Bubblyglub, Sweet Creola, etc.).

Past recipes also show that sea-themed recipes need a seafood ingredient, which is simply common sense (Ocean Bubblyglub, Pearlipate, Twistifish Fondue, etc.).

Shellbellow definitely needed a seafood ingredient - with its clam-shell shape, it wouldn't have made any sense without it. We knew that it was a blender recipe not only because of the straw, but because the set was announced as being made on all three appliances, and none of the other recipes from the set were made in the blender.

Mixing these facts together, we find that Shellbellow is a blender recipe that includes one or more of fish sticks, shrimp, and sushi. And to finalize its status as a drink, a liquid ingredient was almost mandatory. For anyone intent on solving the recipe, and who knew the above facts, the blatant path to take would be to try all of the possible drink and seafood combinations in the blender.

So why such a long wait?

I'll never understand why the recipe solvers and I did not eliminate cream soda from Sweet Creola when we had the opportunity. Nor will I understand why we didn't eliminate licorice from Abracaldo Dabra when we spoke constantly of it being the obvious thing to try. I'm almost as surprised that seafood ingredients were not tried with the drinks for Shellbellow in more than ten months.

Although I understand why I didn't do it completely. In March 2010 I eliminated fish sticks with almost all of the drinks, but something kept me from going any further.

My dislike of seafood kept me from liking Shellbellow too much, and gave me no desire to be the one to solve the recipe. On one hand, I wanted the obvious combinations to be out of the way, but on the other I didn't want to be the one to make it. Giving in to my first thought, I eliminated all the rest of the fish sticks combinations with drinks and all the sushi combinations with drinks the week Shellbellow was solved. All I had left, then, was shrimp, and the next combination to try was shrimp with chocolate milk. However, I knew that shrimp is my least favorite ingredient in the W Shop and that I don't like seafood recipes. I actually said to myself exactly this: "If Shellbellow has chocolate milk and shrimp in it, then I do not want to solve it." So I decided not to go on to that next combination, and I logged in a few days later to see that the recipe was solved, and by someone who really was happy to solve it.

When the seafood and drink combination that I knew had to be there was in Shellbellow, I knew it was perfect. I didn't notice until I was finally making it in my blender that the shape of shrimp and the bottom half of Shellbellow are astoundingly similar. Now Ganz's play on teeth suddenly looked just like the tops of the shrimp popping up on the side. What made me the most happy about the ingredients was that chocolate milk was finally used. Chocolate milk had been one of the most neglected ingredients for such a long time, never being used in a secret recipe and found in only one original recipe. With broccoli's use in Tusslepuff, we're down to one last ingredient used only once: oatmeal. Chocolate milk deserved to be in something, and I'm so glad it finally was in a way that suits it so well.

As far as why chocolate milk is the right choice as the drink for this creation, it's once again difficult to explain. I don't know why a carton of milk translates so beautifully into Shellbellow, but Ganz has done it again in just the right way. The more I think about it, the more I feel it's past experience of all the recipes solved before this that let me know what Ganz's "style" is for choosing recipe ingredients. To those new to recipes, it might seem like an odd choice, but for me, it's just more perfection and the only choice.

-September 2010

*Follow-up on Forsty Benumblex*

When Forsty Benumblex was solved, this is about all I had to say:

"The discrepancy here is whether this is 'extremely clever' or 'extremely lazy.'"

It's interesting to think that there could be such a question of one of two extreme opposites being the basis of a recipe. But Forsty Benumblex was able to bring about this quandary.

This recipe had to, from the very moment it debuted, include some sort of icy ingredient. And in the W Shop, there are just three of those: ice cream cone, ice pop, and iced tea. When this recipe first showed up, I was going to eliminate all combinations of the three; those would be:

1) ice cream cone + ice pop + everything else
2) ice cream cone + iced tea + everything else
3) ice pop + iced tea + everything else

If only I had known that any and all of the three choices would have made the recipe, I would have went through with the thought and eliminated them!

Of course, it would have made total sense for one of the icy ingredients to be included in the recipe, and would have still made great sense for two of them to be included.

But all three?

That's where I get stuck every time I try to think about Forsty Benumblex. I see the ice cream cone makes so much sense as the fluffy part of the recipe, and the ice pop makes sense as the blocks of ice, and the iced tea makes sense as the cold liquid flowing down it all. But does that have to be the entirety of it? Yes, it makes sense, but does it make TOO much of it?

Did Ganz just become extremely lazy and throw the three icy ingredients into the icy recipe because they didn't want to think about it, and it was just easier that way? Does it seem like anyone could have thought up Forsty Benumblex and its ingredients? Having such a simple trio feels like it takes away from the recipe. Where is the intrigue now?

So is it pure genius, or the opposite?

-August 2010

*Follow-up on Tusslepuff!*

There's only one recipe in the history of Webkinz World's amazing food creations that has me completely stumped. It's also the one I thought I had the most figured out before it was finally solved.

Tusslepuff.

As soon as Tusslepuff debuted in Webkinz World, I said that it was "my recipe to solve." I vowed that I would solve it, and I dedicated every moment from April 16, 2009 to August 15, 2010 to having it my number one priority. I worked harder to solve Tusslepuff than any other recipe ever.

And in one moment it was all over.

It's amazing to be able to go from loving a recipe, to being indifferent towards it in just one second. As soon as fumble99 posted the ingredients to Tusslepuff as broccoli, fish sticks, and peach, I had no more love of it. I loved Tusslepuff because it was the "wrestling pastries" recipe - such a unique and interesting concept. I am a huge fan of pastry-based recipes, like Symphoscone and Sacchbingarings. Waffles is one of my absolute favorite ingredients in the W Shop. The first thing I eliminated from Tusslepuff was, in fact, waffles.

In April 2009 I began with a few marshmallows combinations. The marshmallows seemed like they could be that fluffy base of the recipe at first, but I knew that they couldn't survive without a pastry ingredient combined with them. So I eliminated every pastry-like ingredient in the W Shop with marshmallows to get the most obvious combinations out of the way first: things like bagel, cookies, and of course waffles. But when the boosts were discovered, everything changed. The huge boosts indicated that high-boosting ingredients, especially in hunger, would make the most sense. So I set out in boost-based combinations, and ended up eliminating a majority of the possible combinations with waffles.

I felt that I was so close to making the recipe, because there was no way it could be anything but those wrestling pastries.

And it turned out to be broccoli, fish sticks, and peach.

I have absolutely no explanation for any of the three ingredients. I am not exaggerating - I cannot even fathom a guess as to why any of the them would make even the tiniest scintilla of sense. I am most disgusted by the fish sticks, because it's horrible to think that the lovely waffles I thought were in the recipe were, the whole time, actually the sickening fish sticks. I was chasing so passionately after something I had no idea I actually didn't love.

I have to think that the whole endeavor wasn't a waste, though, because I pursued my dream and there was no way I could have ever expected the outcome. It's the risk of trying to solve a recipe that it could have nothing of what you expect. However, if it does have ingredients you are right about, then the risk is worth it. I solved two recipes between the day Tusslepuff came out and the day it was solved, and I love both of them dearly. I have to wonder if I would have truly been happy with Tusslepuff had I made it.

If there are any good things that came out of Tusslepuff, they are these: broccoli was finally used in a recipe after all this time (no matter how wrongly), and we did not make any mistakes on the List of Eliminated Recipe Combinations and continue to have a flawless record.

I'm getting over the loss and disappointment of Tusslepuff slowly but surely. To try for something for so long and to be let down cannot be forgotten. However, I won't ever regret pursuing it.

After all, I still love every secret recipe I have ever solved.

-August 2010

*Follow-up on Blastop Rocaket!*

"It may have been 'accidental,' but it doesn't feel like it."

Back in March 2009, sydney88 (the solver of Rextexmex) created a WI contest for members to design a secret recipe. I had two entries to the thread: "Architart" and "Brilliabroth." It was her hope that Ganz would take some of the recipes in the contest as inspiration for real secret recipes in Webkinz World. I have yet to see anything similar to my two recipes, but sydney88 has had her own creation transformed into an amazing, functional Webkinz recipe.

Her idea was "Blastarooni" - a rocket ship.

The moment I saw Blastop Rocaket I thought back to Blastarooni. Could it have been the inspiration for this secret recipe? Certainly. I mentioned the comparison of the two ideas to sydney88 and she agreed with the connection and said that it was "her recipe."

I was able to solve Blastop Rocaket just for her.

The ingredients to the recipe are just perfect. Chicken nuggets is the most wonderful base to the recipe possible, although it's one of those "perfect, but hard to explain" ingredients. It just works so flawlessly as the main ingredient, without needing explanation. What's more is that Rextexmex, sydney88's solved recipe, included chicken nuggets in the same fashion, so it feels so much more perfect with that connection.

The orange pop and popcorn are slightly obvious, but strangely perfect. Of course "pop" for a rocket ship gives it the reference of "blasting off." The color palette with the white puffs and the orange freckles couldn't be more relative to the ingredients.

I do think that there are many ingredients that could have done well in the recipe had they been included in it. However, the three that do make it work so well together without requiring explanation. Blastop Rocaket's three ingredients are just simply perfect for it.

I feel so fortunate to love all of the recipes I have solved; not many people can say that truthfully. Every recipe I've solved was one that I loved right away and worked on specifically to try to create it... Until Blastop Rocaket. I was working on combinations for Tusslepuff, and I just happened to come across the right combination. Despite that, I'm so glad that I solved it because I wanted to give a little bit back to sydney88 for all the things she has done for me, and I was able to do it in the best way possible - I got to tell her on the WI front page that I had solved the recipe she liked the most just for her.

"...since the beginning, I knew this recipe was going to be yours. So even if you were making eliminations for Tusslepuff and solved Blastop Rocaket instead, you were meant to solve it all along."

-August 2010

*Follow-up on Careening Rojodillos!*

Way back when Careening Rojodillos was released, there was no doubt in my mind that it included hot dog. Of course, I eliminated it completely in the sandwich maker with no results. To discover it has blueberry cheesecake, raisins, and strawberries deserves a bit of explanation to those who are completely, utterly confused.

To set the record straight, I think this recipe has great ingredients.

I know what you're thinking: "How in the world are you crazy enough to think that those three foods should ever make that recipe?" I admit, it's a bit of a stretch. But once again Ganz has lured me in with their uncanny ability to make the crazy seem completely understandable. How there is so often a third ingredient to a recipe that just works perfectly for no explanation at all. It's just that with Careening Rojodillos, it happens to all three ingredients!

The best way I can think to explain the crazy concoction that is Careening Rojodillos is to reference the "magic" of the sandwich maker. Unlike the stove or blender, which have no set form for the recipes that come out of them, the sandwich maker is intended to make things into sandwiches. That is, no matter what three things go into it. Unfortunately for us, there have been few sandwich maker recipes released compared to the other two appliances, and of those released a majority include bread or bagel (which make things pretty obvious as to how a sandwich was formed). So there are few examples to reference of the sandwich maker's unique ability. One that can be found is Pickapakora, which is made with pickles, tacos, and watermelon. The sandwich maker took three non-sandwich ingredients and combined them into a bunch of little sandwiches with the qualities of all three components. For Careening Rojodillos, a similar thing occurred.

My explanation is that the sandwich form of the recipe is inherent in its being made in the sandwich maker. It's like putting the three ingredients in addition to the sandwich that is already there.

These fun creations called "Rojodillos" I assume to be the strawberry-raisin fruit snacks covering the main body of the recipe. Of course it makes sense for Ganz to create a new and better version of a fruit snack - remember Punchy Nutkinz? Now imagine the blueberry cheesecake as the hill at the bottom of the recipe, or maybe just another flavor to the "Rojodillos." However it's viewed, there are these cool little fruit snacks that are careening down a hill in sandwich form.

I think it is incredibly fun!

Maybe some sense in there after all? Bravo to Ganz on this cool creation!

-August 2010

*Follow-up on Canoopaddarole*

Once again, my dislike of seafood keeps me from liking a recipe. Nothing against the recipe itself; I'm just not a fan of it, I'm sorry to say.

Not all seafood recipes are bad: Sweet Creola is a great recipe. I think Ocean Bubblyglub is incredible. In fact, Ocean Bubblyglub has my favorite combination of three ingredients of all secret recipes. Sushi for the "ocean," then a mix of apple juice and root beer is indescribably genius.

Of course, there's no supporting evidence of the W Shop sushi including any seafood - it only mentions cucumbers and rice in the description... So maybe that's why I like sushi recipes anyway!!

Fish sticks and shrimp, on the other hand, just don't sit well with me, and I can't help it.

So I'm sorry to the fans of Canoopaddarole out there!

One thing that I do feel a bit unappetizing about it is that a majority of the recipe's substance is a bowl full of water. And a bulky plate below it all seems obsolete. It seems a bit unbalanced, with just a bit of food and then this overwhelming combination of bowl and plate and water below.

In the recipe's favor, the ingredients make complete sense. The outdoor, water-based aura of the recipe is contributed by the fish sticks. And asparagus creates the cute little pine trees, with the tacos making a canoe. It's simple and it does definitely work.

I just wish I could tolerate the seafood better!

-August 2010

*Follow-up on Bellatart!*

"Gorgeous. Astoundingly gorgeous. Is there any English word that describes Chortletorte better than 'gorgeous?' A simple word, but it’s a simple recipe too, yet it is beautiful beyond belief. A vivacious plate of dazzling effervescence which is positively gorgeous – that is Chortletorte."

I'm thinking "gorgeous" might be the perfect way to describe Bellatart as well.

Bellatart is, in my opinion, hands-down one of the most beautiful recipes ever. The only recipe that might rival the crown for most beautiful is Chortletorte itself. Simplicity and beauty are the perfect combination, and both Bellatart and Chortletorte pull off the duo qualities tremendously.

When Ganz thinks outside the box, there can be incredible results. Slipinsip looks like a completely plausible drink to create (well, minus the cartoon-like sliding around), and we could probably put tacos and pickles next to a bagel to create something similar to Jest the Best Bagel. Yummytummy Tumbler was created, very effectively, using a real blender and the same ingredients. However, true greatness is found in creations like Fried Callistorm or Monstrosoupy, which are so crazy and unrealistic that they are completely interesting and so very unique as a part of Webkinz World and as works of art.

The essence of creativity was found in Chortletorte's beautiful rainbow of bubbles as a cake. The same can be said of the sweet ribbons of Bellatart. Nothing like them is possible, which stretches the boundaries of "possible" in Webkinz World and brings us to discover true imagination and true art and true beauty.

Bellatart is forever AChip's recipe to make and enjoy. I sent her a PM about a month before Bellatart was solved in which I rambled about the beauty of the recipe and how wonderful it would be for her - it was released on her birthday, and includes the name "Bella" in its own title, which is significant to her. When she told me that she too saw the pure beauty of the recipe, I told her that I would solve it for her someday as a thank-you for all she has done for me.

I never could have imagined how wonderful the feeling was when that came true.

I wasn't quite sure where to begin for Bellatart's ingredients, with nothing too obvious at first glance. So I worked on some combinations for Spiny Sporcues for a while. In the midst of a dragon fruit combination on the stove, I came to cupcake as the third ingredient to stick in my stove, and I had an epiphany: it was perfect for Bellatart. It was the silver foil and pink frosting on top that I had not noticed before - what a great explanation for the silver wrapping and pink ribbons of the recipe I loved! It made so much sense as the base of Bellatart, that I knew it was the next ingredient I would eliminate on the stove.

And the recipe I so admired just showed up in my dock half-way through eliminating cupcake.

I don't think the cream soda and strawberries need any explanation for this recipe. True beauty explains itself.

And Bellatart is forever gorgeous.

Thanks for everything, AChip.

-August 2010

*Follow-up on Wigglumdrip and Ravishelli*

Given plenty of time to think about the solves of Wigglumdrip and Ravishelli, I would have thought that I would come up with some new conclusions and opinions regarding the recipes. However, I think I'm at about the same place as where I started.

I have an issue with seafood, which keeps me from liking most seafood recipes. Shrimp is one of my least favorite W Shop foods, and so recipes that include shrimp are not looked upon too fondly by me. Sorry to those who do enjoy shrimp!

And besides my aversion to seafood, I never appreciate recipes using the same ingredients as have been found in other creations. It's particularly bad for Ravishelli and Wigglumdrip because they are on the same appliance and they are closely related to each other because they were released in the same set. Using ingredient combinations from the past occasionally works out, but in this case it just feels redundant, and it sadly reduces the effect of each recipe. They become less appealing because of their lack of independence.

As far as how well the ingredients work in the recipes, I think Ravishelli greatly trumps its partner. It just had to include at least one item of seafood and one item of pasta. I don't have an explanation for the cake, but it does work well in the recipe for an unapparent reason. It's that third ingredient that is perfectly "unsensibly sensible."

Compared to Ravishelli, Wigglumdrip just feels like it viciously stole the shrimp and spaghetti for no reason at all. I don't understand why shrimp was necessary to make it. Perhaps it has a slight seafood flair, but sushi might have worked a bit better. Still, it doesn't feel imperative to be included. Then the asparagus just makes the entire dish seem less appetizing as it plays on the "wiggly" and "drippy" parts of the name. Asparagus is delicious outside of Webkinz World, but green and slimy (in the case of Wigglumdrip, or Aquarus Jelly, or Canoopaddarole) just doesn't work well in Webkinz recipes.

I don't wish to be so greatly disappointed in the two recipes above, but they just feel like missed opportunities to me - Ravishelli could have been a great recipe sans Wigglumdrip's copy-cat action, and Wigglumdrip could have found better ingredients to make it.

Fantastic ingredients are always the foundation to a fantastic recipe.

-August 2010

*Follow-up on Jazzi Jeweloni and Amora Supora*

I plan on making this the most concise follow-up (or follow-ups, I suppose) in the history of this thread:

Two recipes that were released on January 20th, 2010 were solved fairly quickly. The other three are still at large. How is it that the first two were conquered so quickly? They are both extremely simple recipes.

First, Jazzi Jeweloni may be the most obvious secret recipe of all time. In the picture, there are ramen noodles that did not even attempt to go into disguise, plus some small blue and red gems. The blue gems are reminiscent of blueberries; the red of raspberries. Low and behold! The ingredients to the recipe are ramen noodles, blueberries, and raspberries! Who woulda thunk?

Secondly, Amora Supora had me thinking it was more complex than it turned out to be. Apparently someone was much more clever than me about their approach to the recipe, since they went with the simple ingredients. It needs a soup, since that is its genre of food, and tomato soup looks so similar. Then those red and white, sweet-looking hearts in the bowl? Why not marshmallows and raspberries? They fit the theme nicely.

I would have preferred some LOVELY chocolate in that soup.

However obvious, the two recipes above had good intentions coming in. I think Ganz did an excellent job creating the themes for these two, and ultimately had a great design. Amora Supora was almost imperative since there aren't too many Valentine's Day recipes out there (and we're sick of Halloween ones!), and it was a job-well-done.

Three cheers for expanding the boundaries of holiday recipes!
-March 2010

*Follow-up on Maizealoop, Puzzellapies, and Rhomblintzes*

As has happened in the past, when several new recipes are solved all around the same time, they end up stuck in one follow-up together. Luckily, though, this is rarely a problem because all are so new that little thought has been put into them and therefore less thought needs to be used to understand them once they are solved.

Maizealoop: A recipe revolving around corn! Finallly, it has happened! I never thought I would live to see the day... Since corn has been on the "only used once" list since Webkinz World's earliest moments. Its only use was in Spicy Salsa until this latest set of recipes.

And now we have something to make with it!

Maizealoop, unfortunately, is not my kind of recipe. It's a little bit... oh, to put it lightly... UGLY. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I can't help but be distracted by its gushy yellow liquid and bright green bowl. The corn feature in the center is interesting, but still not attractive overall.

But for the most part, the reason I am against Maizealoop is because it rather brutally "stole" the ingredients to Cogitaticake. Although it may seem an unusual combination, french fries + carrot cake is the second most common combination of two ingredients in Webkinz World - there are THREE recipes that can be made on the stove with them: Fried Foofaraw, Cogitaticake, and Maizealoop. What bugs me is that Cogitaticake used the two ingredients SO WELL and had them fit in every possible way to make the recipe perfect. This more recent recipe, on the other hand, used them both as the secondary ingredients, and neither is imperative to the overall design of the recipe! After all, it is a soup, while neither carrot cake nor french fries supplies any liquid!

But Cogitaticake still lives on as one of the greatest recipes in Webkinz World, while I think this one will be more or less forgotten.

Puzzellapies: I had such high hopes for a recipe shaped like puzzle pieces when I first saw it - how that is easily symbolic of ideas and fitting them together to create a wonderful solution. Why would Ganz deny us the beauty of that?

The puzzle piece recipe turned out to be far less than creative. At first glance, it seemed that it could have been a combination of burger and two very well-thought-out other ingredients. However, the other "plain" main ingredient was pizza, which was most likely thought simply because of the double "z" in the name. With burger, it was thought to pair it with either fishsticks or eggs, since it looks like a burger patty on one side of the puzzle, and a lighter-colored one on the other side, which eggs or fish could have been the best possibilities for.

And to find out that it was all THREE of those obvious ingredients - pizza, eggs, and fishsticks? Disturbing to me, with what I had hoped from the recipe. The irony is disappointingly great that the recipe that could have been well-thought-out would end up plain and obvious.

Rhomblintzes: I almost regret Rhomblintzes wasn't unsolved for longer because I would have liked to have spent more time thinking about it... because compared to the other recipes, it sure is so interesting! The name, for one, is so fun, and the picture makes it seem like something delicious for real life.

In Rhomblintzes I was not disappointed, because the ingredients were decent and the appliance threw me, which is at least more exciting than having it pointed out right away.

The pancakes are the base for this recipe, and justly so, although there could have been a half dozen that would fit just as well. I love to think of making a dessert out of pancakes, as it is such a fun thought and only just on the edge of unrealistic. The blueberries are somewhat less fun because of the blue color of the recipe - that could have been something really interesting filling the inside of those pancakes... just because it is blue doesn't mean it has to be from blueberries or blueberry cheesecake, we have learned in the past countless times. But this one it seems to fit because of the third ingredient...

... macaroni & cheese. Often the most fun of ingredients are the ones that don't really make any sense, but still seem just right for the recipe. Don't ask me how the macaroni fits into Rhomblintzes, but I absolutely love it! It's just crazy enough to make perfect sense!!

I would have liked a rhombus-shaped ingredient as well to add to this, but that's a lot to ask. In spirit, it is there, at least.

-January 2010

Last edited by monkeecj; 07-15-2011 at 06:43 PM..
Old 08-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

Default Re: All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes Pictures In One Convenient Place! *Major Update Added! Bluchetta Grillon Follow-Up! Shocking comparisons between unsolved recipes and food! Check it out!*

--- SOLVED RECIPE FOLLOW-UPS ---

*Follow-up on Demitasse Lassi*

Procrastination has foiled me again... Well, among other things.

What I mean to do is apologize for how long I have had to postpone this follow-up to Demitasse Lassi. The recipe was solved all the way back in October of last year! And what a great relief, but surprise as well it was to see the recipe solved.

If there's one thing Demitasse Lassi always was, it was "the odd one out." I say this for a number of reasons:

1) It was the only recipe from the November 12th, 2008 set to go longer than one month unsolved. And not only did it go more than one month - it went more than two months, then three, then four, then five, then six, then seven, then eight, then nine, then ten, and finally eleven months after its debut it was put to rest. That makes it the 51st longest out of 55 current solved recipes (even including the whopping 2 year+ Yummytummy Tumbler) to get a solution.

2) It was the only recipe from the November 12th, 2008 set to not be able to be solved by the boosts. Many people tried to solve this one because of its massive health and happiness boosts, but that failed in the end. The first three recipes ever to be solved by the boosts were Megachinewich, Cogitaticake, and Rextexmex, all from the same set as Demitasse Lassi. Ainbowray Canape was also not solved from the boosts, but it was so early after its introduction that it hadn't been tested.

What also makes this strange is that the boost values were almost dead on for all of the recipes in the November 2008 set, which is why they were able to be solved by them.... Except for Demitasse Lassi, the boosts of which aren't even close to those of the ingredients.

3) It is the only recipe prior to the crazy February 4th, 2009 set to repeat an ingredient in its set of recipes. Now THAT is a huge thing for Demitasse Lassi to pioneer. Little did we know that a recipe would have done that so early on - we wouldn't have imagined it at the time! In fact, our combinations did originally exclude those ingredients already found in the 11/12/08 set. Luckily we didn't fail because of this issue. However, many of us wonder, just like we did to see cabbage in Yummytummy Tumbler, why Ganz was to make this change? And why to only Demitasse Lassi?

4) The most bizarre of all the ways Demitasse Lassi stands out is that it is not programmed with the other four recipes from November 2008. Instead, its item number is about 700 away and stuck in with the February 2009 set! This is how the sequence of "item numbers" goes:

Rextexmex - Item #3442
Megachinewich - Item #3443
Cogitaticake - Item #3444
Ainbowray Canape - Item #3445

and then about 700 items programmed later...

Twistifish Fondue - Item #4124
Pearlipate - Item #4139
Fixichini - Item #4140
Abracaldo Dabra - Item #4141
Demitasse Lassi - Item #4142

Bizarre is right! Why is it that Ganz did this? Was it originally set up like this, or was Demitasse Lassi really not correctly programmed until February 2009? Perhaps this explains why it is the "odd one out" of the November 2008 set - it wasn't actually a part of that set from the beginning?

As for ingredients, I will just say that I am less than excited about the three used in this recipe. For one, the primary ingredient being burger is distasteful in a blender drink, besides being already used in the set of recipes. The connection with burger is the circles around the base of this drink, similar to those of the burger plate, but how funny because I had excluded this similarity after recipes in the past had the same pattern and no burger. How intriguing, though, that Megachinewich has the circles and burger as well and it is from the same set!

The milk is a poor choice of liquid, in my opinion. Just because it doesn't mix well with the peaches and the burger. Try drinking that up in real life, cocoabean's family!

The peach is more pleasing than the other two. Peaches are rather neglected in recipes, I think, because it is such a simple and tasty ingredient but isn't used often. Perhaps there is a connection here to Atomicolicious Punch, the other beaker-shaped recipe that also includes peach? And maybe peach is slightly orange, but it was always my assumption that Demitasse Lassi would have at least one orange or one green ingredient in it, perhaps both. How is it that it turned out with neither?

An odd recipe indeed... breaking all the limits of reason and sanity. And to think that on December 12th, 2008 I immediately chose this one to be "the easiest of the bunch," thinking it would be solved super quickly... I never imagined it would be the odd one out.

-January 2010

*Follow-up on Yummytummy Tumbler*

"The emotions of the day the most influential recipe in Webkinz World is solved will likely be more powerful, more substantial, more unpredictable than all of those reminisced in the other seven recipes above. Yummytummy Tumbler’s solve will be something too great for words, and I hope every moment that it will be soon."

When I wrote that in the very beginning of August 2009, I was not able to fathom in the slightest how truly powerful those emotions would be on September 25th, 2009, the day Yummytummy Tumbler was solved....

Even today, days after the discovery of the ingredients, I am still in shock. Just typing "the day Yummytummy Tumbler was solved" jolts me into a startling realization of what has finally happened: the longest unsolved recipe ever has been solved. Yummytummy Tumbler has been solved. The recipe that has been "there" for as long as I can remember has been solved. These thoughts continue to shock me. Seeing the ingredients to Yummytummy Tumbler above, reading its boost statistics, and noticing its thread not a sticky any longer all pang me with this deep feeling of shock. How could it possibly be so powerful?

The pass of Yummytummy Tumbler is both a wonderful thing and a horrible thing. On the bright side, it is no longer there to haunt our dreams. We nevermore have to stare at that wretched image and worry about the possible ingredients.... On the other hand, Yummytummy Tumbler has certainly scarred us with memories of its grueling past, the endless frustration, the pain we all felt... And most horrible of all is that it has left a gaping hole in the Recipez section. We no longer have Yummytummy Tumbler to look forward to if all other secret recipes are solved; surprisingly, we really depended on Yummytummy Tumbler for something unknown to me...

Regardless, I believe that my statement above was correct: I could never have planned for the startling emotions of Yummytummy Tumbler's solve. It really was a memory that will stick with me forever.

As for the ingredients, I couldn't have possibly been more disgusted. Nearly everyone who worked for years eliminating all combinations of the W Shop foods were offended beyond belief by cabbage. Cabbage was the key to everyone's disgust. HOW COULD GANZ DO THAT? How in the world could they add cabbage to a secret recipe? All recipe foods are supposed to use ingredients that are "readily available to everyone" which means only foods from the W Shop. However, cabbage is a Farm Fresh food and has to be grown in a garden in order to be available for use. This breaks all the etiquette ever set up in the Recipez section; it simply cannot be done.

But that rotten Ganz did it.

No wonder we didn't solve the recipe when we all thought more highly of Ganz, assuming they wouldn't do something that cruel. Shame on us for trusting them! And one of the most gut-wrenching realizations is that the rules were broken back in the second set of recipes ever released! How can they stoop that low? As has been discovered already, it is annoying beyond measure to want to try out the Yummytummy Tumbler recipe and not have any cabbages... In order to make one, a person would have to wait at least eight days in order to grow the darn thing! THAT is why ingredients have to be only from the W Shop. Ganz crossed a line that should never been crossed by putting cabbage in Yummytummy Tumbler and I will NEVER forgive them.

I still don't seem to believe it when I glance back up to the picture of Yummytummy Tumbler and its ingredients above, thinking I can't really know the ingredients. However, trying to compare them to the image of Yummytummy Tumbler can at least be done in my denial... One of the things I noticed immediately with the cabbage is that the veins/lines of the cabbage are perfectly reminiscent of those stripes in the Yummytummy Tumbler concoction that drove us mad forever! THAT's what they are! Not noodles, not a play on the cutting boards of bread or sushi, but cabbage! AHA!

Papaya and ginger ale were almost another shock to me just because they make so much sense. In fact, a majority of members new to the Recipez section would look at Yummytummy Tumbler for the first time and instinctively shout out ginger ale and papaya! It was THAT easy... all we had to do was mix them with cabbage! The realization is daunting. Ginger ale is needed to make the recipe a drink and that's about as much purpose as it serves. In addition, both ginger ale and papaya were noted for relating to stomachs, which was noticed because of the recipe's name: ginger ale is supposed to help an upset "tummy" and papaya is noted in the W Shop as an aid to digestion. For that reason, both were brought up numerous times and by newcomers as well as veterans.

Thinking back to some theories about secret recipes... Of course, Yummytummy Tumbler did not include an ingredient from its set so we were always correct with that one (that makes me smile so nicely to think that we still can call that theory true!). We also know that the theory/Plumpy hint about ingredients being used that weren't used in many other recipes was true as well, because of both papaya and ginger ale and most obviously cabbage which hasn't been in a recipe ever! It is my personal opinion that AChip was correct with her theory, too, the "Irony Theory." This stated that the ingredients to Yummytummy Tumbler would be ones that fit well in Gladdugrumble and vice versa (because we already thought so with Gladdugrumble's ingredients). I ALWAYS thought that the "heads" of Gladdugrumble were papayas; I never once gave that idea up and think they would have done so well in that recipe... On May 12th, 2008 (one of my first dozen or so posts in the Recipez section), I said on the original "List of Eliminated Recipe Combinations":

"Actually, I was trying for Gladdugrumble (the two figures look like papayas to me)..."

Because of this, it is my belief that papaya, being so perfect for Gladdugrumble, has an ironic twist being in Yummytummy Tumbler, and that AChip's theory is correct.

One very amazing thing I noticed while searching for that above quotation was a post on the same page from the "List of Eliminated Recipe Combinations." It is by ClaraZ25 who solved Yummytummy Tumbler and it is dated May 13th, 2008 - the DAY he joined WebkinzInsider! And guess what? He says:

"Has anyone ever eliminated cabbage+___________+everything else yet. ???

I was wondering about this because it can be used to make gunk so there might be an unsolved recipe using cabbage."

He was DESTINED to solve Yummytummy Tumbler!!!

A couple unanswered questions that everyone was dying to know at one point:

1. What the heck are those bumps on top of the glass?
The answer probably relates back to the papaya. I would say that they are either the papaya seeds that could easily make that outline, or else a reference back to papaya's image with those two slight bumps on the top of each fruit. The connection there seems to be pretty obvious... although the possibilities were infinite when we didn't know the ingredients.

2. Why is YTT that pink color if it has three non-pink ingredients?
I wouldn't have believed it, but papaya actually does turn the mixture slightly pink! How do we know? cocoabean tested it out on her real blender (see the picture here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ctures-559296/)! As it turns out, cabbage, ginger ale, and papaya together make a pinkish drink when blended together! She notes that the papaya in real life is more pink on the inside than the one shown in the W Shop. How could we have ever guessed when it was important?

I will likely continue to say that "I can't believe Yummytummy Tumbler is actually solved..." for a while longer. Who knows - maybe I won't ever be able to believe it. Finally, after all the troubles we went through for more than two years, Yummytummy Tumbler is out of the way and we finally know its ingredients. No more worries...

"Nothing in his life
Became him like the leaving it."
-Macbeth, Act I Scene IV

Momentary peace in the Recipez section at last.
For that, I am very grateful. Thank you, Yummytummy Tumbler.

- September 2009

*Follow-up on Abracaldo Dabra*
"It's magically delicious!"

... reads a tag on the Abracaldo Dabra thread that never failed to make me laugh. Now that Abracaldo Dabra has been solved (the 40th shortest solve out of the current 51), something it has definitely magically done is make me confused...

Once again I have been disappointed with my lack of motivation to try combinations that seem should surely work. When Sweet Creola was solved I was disgusted that we had not pursued cream soda further because we were all as sure as we could be without knowing the ingredients that cream soda was in the recipe. I told people often to eliminate that ingredient (and it is true we got several combinations done the day it was introduced, including one I did within the hour, cola) but we never stuck with it because we were too preoccupied with other ideas. Abracaldo Dabra had an upsettingly similar fate, as almost everyone thought it had licorice from the first day, yet it was never eliminated in the blender; it took someone new to the forum to do the work we should have done from the beginning.

Licorice, of course, is the obvious ingredient, of which many recipes seem to have at least one. Ganz makes no attempt to disguise it: there is the piece of licorice laying right behind the hat in plain sight. Although could we trust Ganz to include an obvious ingredient? cocoabean made a discussion thread about that idea soon after the recipe was released and we came up with several instances where ingredients that were in the picture were used (such as orange in the amazing Floridisa). So why not try it, because it is the most obvious place to start anyway? Now I am wishing I had forgotten my other combinations and had gone straight to this, that same regret I felt with Sweet Creola.

The confusion begins with the other two ingredients. My first instinct is usually to connect ingredients to the picture, but in this case I don't see any connections to make whatsoever. We are never "told" what those chicken nugget-looking stars are that fall/float upwards (what a fun "argument" that was, sydney88 and Dixiecup!) with the reveal of the ingredients. I suppose the apple contributes them, but how so? I was thinking maybe they could be deep-fried (if that is possible in a WW blender) apple slices to give them the color. Otherwise, someone will have to explain that to me!! We also never get a straight answer as to what that purple jelly is. Is THAT the result of licorice sticks put in a blender? I've always wondered! (:

And the sunflower seeds don't have any connection to the picture at all besides a slight color similarity on the hat. What do they really contribute to the recipe, though? I am left in the dark on SO many questions here:

-What are those chicken nugget things?
-What is that purple jelly?
-Which part of the recipe is the apple?
-Which part of the recipe is the sunflower seeds?
-WHY IN THE WORLD are the boosts off by so much, further pulverizing our hopes of ever again solving a recipe by the boosts?!?!

No wonder I am calling myself confused!!

Two more positive notes: I have been waiting for apple to be used in a secret recipe for so long that I am relieved that it has finally been done! What a wonderfully simple ingredient that is, and how sad that it hasn't had the opportunity to be a part of a secret recipe until now! Also, this recipe's boosts are off by so much that it is actually to the advantage of the everyday WW user because they can now make a recipe that is 20 cents less expensive per boost than even the cheapest recipes (Abracaldo Dabra costs a mere $.45 per boost! See my boost thread for more information)!

Once again, Chef Gazpacho, you have been able to put three ingredients together in a way that doesn't make too much sense but feels JUST PERFECT nevertheless. Quite "magical" if you ask me!!!

-September 2009

*Follow-up on Sweet Creola*

I have seen dozens of complaints concerning Sweet Creola's ingredients that question why these three put together on a blender create the recipe. That surprises me - I feel like the ingredients to Sweet Creola are no more shocking than those of any other secret recipe that has ever been solved. However, I am once again just working off of that "feeling" that the ingredients "seem" right without actually questioning them too deeply. Many times it is best for us to take in the overall effect of the ingredients without looking at intricate definitions and connections at which Ganz likely never batted an eye.

If you would have told me back on April 16th that Sweet Creola didn't have cream soda, I would have laughed at you. Cream soda in Sweet Creola fits so well that there could not have been a substitute that would better suit it. Without even looking at the image, we can read "Sweet Creola" and be reminded of a few possible ingredients, the first of which is "cream soda," followed by "cola" or "granola" and possibly "ice cream." But which of those listed REALLY sounds like it's in the name? At this point, monkeecj flashes back to a phantasmagoria of images of Spinneretti and those thousands of expensive attempts which eventually led to the elimination of spaghetti on the stove for the recipe... Then the frustration, then the reluctant suggestion of pumpkin... then he shrugs it off, but hopes that leaving this aside in italics will remind members to not always pay too much attention to the name, no matter how likely an ingredient seems. Now, in turn, we can ignore the title and focus on the image (which is what matters the most). The first thing we notice is a pink, bubbly drink... It is impossible NOT to have thought of cream soda by now - it is everywhere!!! Not only does the pink connect to the recipe, but the blue straw protruding from the glass of cream soda is nearly exactly the same as the stars covering Sweet Creola's glass mug (I like to think of it as glass instead of plastic, although both the mug and the stars could be made of plastic; if I am going to spend 15 KC for sushi, I better get my drink in a glass mug instead of a cheap plastic one!!).

Orange pop... Yes, I know that there isn't any orange in the recipe, but that's just what Ganz likes to do! They adore using one or two ingredients that fit the picture pretty well and then throwing in one that has no relation to it whatsoever. I like to think of the bubbly orange drink as the "POP!" Let's write it out like that: orange POP! (LOL) If we continued to discuss it, it would likely still be argued what those sizzly pink things are that hover above the recipe. For the sake of our now funny-sounding ingredient (orange POP! that is), let us call them fireworks (which was the most popular opinion) and then we can see why the warped name for that orange drink fits nicely into the recipe. Of course it adds to the fizz of the actual drink too. Why not just add a fizzy drink to a fizzy drink to make an extra-fizzy recipe? It is also my opinion that Ganz could not resist putting both cream soda and orange pop together in a recipe - they are just copies of the same image with different colorings! I've almost been expecting it because it's just funny sticking two things that look nearly identical in the same appliance. Maybe we will get a sickly chocolate-orange recipe someday if Ganz decides to do the same thing with chocolate milk and orange juice...!

And here is where the "booing" begins - the sushi. The happy messages about how nicely cream soda fits were overpowered by the fiery complaints about sushi's crazy placement in Sweet Creola. I have never eaten sushi, so with my lack of experience I won't try to tell you that it is not sweet, not sizzling, and not integrated into Creole cuisine (at which the name "Sweet Creola" so obviously hints)... Well, I DID try to do some research on that last point: After typing "sushi in creole cuisine" into the Google search bar, I see fragments of messages like this:

"For a restaurant typically known for Cajun and Creole cuisine, Fishbone's serves up some pretty tasty sushi. An odd pairing? "

From that I assume the Japanese dish and a Louisiana name aren't the most common mixture.

Honestly, I don't have much more to add to the sushi argument than that it is needed to give the recipe substance. Without it, all we have are two drinks - we need a heavy food to make this a more true secret recipe. Sushi is one of the most expensive foods in the W Shop, so pairing it with the inexpensive sodas seems to make an okay combination (although I personally find it TOO expensive for this recipe's boost values).

Once again I feel that Ganz had a pretty smart way of making three ingredients work for a secret recipe, no matter the complaints our sushi-filled drink will probably receive in the future. Sweet Creola's ingredients, even if a bit strange, work almost perfectly for it and I feel once again Chef Gazpacho has given us a great recipe to create and forever ponder the reasons behind it.

-July 2009

*Follow-up on Picaroon*

The latest secret recipe to have its ingredients discovered is Picaroon, solved 1 month, 21 days after its release (currently 28th shortest in amount of time before its solve).

This cookie-like recipe is yet another one that has three ingredients that seem so perfect, so obvious, so "why-didn't-I-think-of-that?" I think all three are flawlessly put together and I also believe Ganz did a decent job designing this recipe.

First off, the webkinz crackers are the foundation of the recipe. I was thrown trying to decide what starch-like ingredient should be used to create the cookie part of this recipe - perhaps the crackers are a good idea, or maybe cookies themselves? What I felt was most worthy of being in Picaroon was bagel. Bagel has the same texture, same curve as the bottom doughy section of the recipe. In fact, just recently I noticed how Hole in One has that same texture in its base and it does include bagel. Unfortunately, Ganz either didn't realize how well bagel worked or else wished to throw people like me off the trail of solving it (I think the latter). Webkinz crackers, however, do make a worthy substitution.

Now, the eggs. They are the middle ingredient, the one that holds the other two in place. I know that many people thought eggs because of the dollop in the middle that is reminiscent of them. Also, the recipe's reminder of "macaroon" in the name might hold the key to the placement of eggs. I also like to think eggs may be in there because of the bright colors. I am unsure why Ganz likes to include eggs in recipes that have bright hues such as Poppaballoo's vivid basket or Fried Callistorm's rainbow sprinkle precipitation, but it seems to be a recurring theme. Maybe it is the plate eggs sit on that does the trick - notice the bright purple that reminds us of Picaroon's magenta lines. Webkinz crackers could themselves be contributing to the colors too, as the box is full of them.

Raspberries, the final ingredient, are the most out-of-place yet the pièce de résistance. Those gorgeous berries make the recipe in my mind, but they don't have a real connection to the picture or name (unless, maybe, we are "picking" raspberries?). Perhaps the shape of each flower petal is nearly the shape of the raspberries (although they seem more closely related to corn kernels to me)? I don't know of the connection, but it sure makes me pleased to think of biting into that cookie and experiencing a raspberry flavor.

Hopefully my ramblings above clear up any confusion anyone may be experiencing when it comes to this recipe. Of course I don't doubt that it probably could have contributed...

-June 2009

*Follow-up on Grapplesnap and Springerle Drizz!*

Two new recipes to write follow-ups for and I don't have much at all to say! Hmm....

Well to begin, Grapplesnap was the first of the newest set of recipes to be solved. It also has the record for fastest recipe EVER solved too - it was solved just under 2 hours after its release! Also, I have the privilege of being the member to solve this recipe! It was my first blender recipe and my fourth recipe overall.

The reason that it was solved so darn quickly is because the ingredients are rather obvious. "Grapplesnap" - of what does that remind you? Grapes and apples of course! The first combination eliminated was green grapes + apples + everything, but I thought it much more sensible to try green grapes with apple juice to start, for apple juice has been used in less recipes than apple AND the fact that it is a drink seemed to imply juices instead of solids (and I have been informed that apples don't blend very well to make a juice [at least that's what jillion tells me!]).

The recipe is conveniently split into two sections - a green and a yellow-ish one. The green grapes make the green and the apple juice makes the other. I have always wondered why the apple juice picture has such a dark orange liquid in it - it seems to me that apple juice is much more the color that it is in Grapplesnap. Maybe it depends on the manufacturer...

As for the beans, one can clearly see baked beans in the container once the recipe is made in WW. Perhaps Ganz is referring to "snap beans" with the title, although they aren't really the same thing as baked... I would have preferred "snap peas" in here instead, the bowl of which would compliment the red in the final recipe.

--------------------

Springerle Drizz was the second of the April 16th set to be solved. I had high hopes for these ingredients, but they turned out to be rather disappointing...

At first I was really into the idea of ginger ale, even though it doesn't seem sensible because of the picture. The reason for expecting that particular drink is the name: "Springerle Drizz" and "ginger ale" have quite a few corresponding letters. If only I was a master chef outside of WW - then maybe I would have known that "Springerle" is an entirely real word (a type of molded cookie)! I thank sydney88 for pointing this out to me BEFORE the recipe was solved, which quickly stopped my attempts with ginger ale.

But I would have liked ginger ale in comparison to the actual ingredients.

I suppose that salad makes the most sense - the "cabbage" leaves are probably created by the leafy salad. I am awfully glad that cabbage is still not used in any secret recipes!! Salad helps to give the recipe a spring feel.

I think there are so many ways that Ganz could have created the "drizz" - the raindrop cookies that are the main focus of the recipe. WHY use blueberries? Just because they are blue? And then this recipe just does not seem like a bread recipe whatsoever because it revolves around a liquid idea and bread seems like the farthest thing from liquid in my mind. I reluctantly say that those are bread and blueberry cookies in there.... quite boring and rather frustrating, but I did not choose them.

Based on these, I am looking forward to see where the other recipes of the set will fall as far as creativity and sensibility - the two above seem to be complete opposites in those fields.

-April 2009

*Follow-up on Poppaballoo!*

I know many of you may be expecting a tremendous, in-depth follow-up for this recipe, but I am sad to say that I don't have as much information to offer as I would like. Most of the reasons eggs, ginger ale, and strawberry yogurt fit so well into this recipe (to me) are not understood even by me!

I laid out my cut-out pictures of the W Shop foods once again after this recipe was solved and I was struck by a problem when I put the ingredients to Poppaballoo down with the ingredients of the rest of its set - although I desperately wanted to take out one of these ingredients and stick in hot chocolate or chocolate milk in its place, I was unable to do so! Every time I mixed in a new ingredient and took one out, the recipe did not feel complete to me and positively wrong. I myself feel like Poppaballoo NEEDS a chocolate ingredient in it, and because of that eggs, ginger ale, and strawberry yogurt together doesn't feel finished, but there is no other combination of ingredients I can put together to satisfy myself that they could make Poppaballoo. This particular combination, although I may not like it, is too perfect to dispute and I do not understand why....

The reasoning for these ingredients seems to be a bit obscure and hidden. Possibly the easiest ingredient to explain is ginger ale. If a hot air balloon is to fly, I suppose it needs something to lighten it and lift it off the ground to soar in the sky, and since there is no "hot air" in the W Shop, I guess ginger ale is the next best thing () - it is effervescent and can account for the bubbles filling the top of the balloon (actually, I will forever feel that a mistake was made by whomever decided to not use HOT CHOCOLATE which is perfect in every way for this recipe!!! Why make a balloon with hot air when you can make it out of hot chocolate? Ingenious!). Ginger ale also can be found in the name of the recipe - the "pop" part. I noticed this a long time ago, and although I failed to believe Poppaballoo would contain orange pop, lollipop, ice pop, or popcorn, I DID consider cream soda, cola, and ginger ale because all could be classified as "pop" without having the letters in their names.

I think eggs fit very well as an ingredient here - they make up the clouds. A search for recipes with clouds was conducted the other day, and (note: Fried Callistorm does contain both eggs in the recipe and clouds in the picture) I noticed that no other really had clouds with a shape so similar to that of the eggs. I think that was a fine choice on Chef Gazpacho's part - a big portion of a hot air balloon ride will be made up of a recognition of the numerous clouds floating by. I think an ingredient to make up these cumulus objects was absolutely necessary. Also, the picture of eggs is so full of a variety of colors that it does a good job of being the "basket" (it was also noticed that eggs may be related to baskets for other reasons).

Finally, the strawberry yogurt is the hardest to explain of the three ingredients. I think the recipe needed some substance in the middle - the balloon thus far only contains ginger ale. The strawberry yogurt provides the support and the structure to the recipe. A long long time ago I noticed that the strings have a glowing pick color to them and I often thought that the recipe would have to contain something pink to account for this feature - I was correct, at least, on that part.

Poppaballoo proved to be a difficult recipe to solve, and I congratulate AChip on the wonderful job. This recipe may be the most confusing recipe ever solved to be so complete and so empty at the same time. But nevertheless it is beautiful, and I am glad we all (especially sydney88 ) can now enjoy it.

-February 2009

*Follow-up on Twistifish Fondue, Fixichini, and Pearlipat!*

Since all three of the recipes above use pretty self-explanatory ingredients and all are new and not-well-known, I have decided to put all three into a single follow-up.

Twistifish Fondue: This recipe was the first of Chef Gazpacho's newest set to be solved - about 10 hours after its release. The ingredients in this are so obvious I feel strange even writing a follow-up on it!

The fishsticks are right in the name; no other information really needs to be given. The cheeses must be the "fondue" part of the recipe... it easily looks like that fondue pot is full of cheese. Finally, the pretzel is the "twist" in the name and are the noticable pretzels in the picture. One thing I might add about the pretzel, though, is that I am wondering whether that plaid mat the recipe is sitting on is a reference to pretzel - Fixichini has one that is very similar and that recipe also contains pretzel!

Fixichini: The ingredients in this recipe are much less blatant than those of Twistifish Fondue, but there still isn't much to mention.

The macaroni & cheese seems to be the base ingredient here, which makes sense seeing the name is reminiscent of "fettucini" which is a pasta. The orange tools may be a comparison to the orange color of the macaroni & cheese too, and it looks to me like there are numerous noodle shapes throughout the mixture. The peanuts could be a reference to "nuts and bolts" (which was mentioned by hptigerlily who solved this recipe) which would go along with the theme. Otherwise, I don't see peanuts in any way in the picture of the recipe. Pretzel stumps me here... unless it is the plaid mat which was mentioned in the Twistifish Fondue Follow-up above. Otherwise, I have yet to discover why pretzel is in this recipe (maybe Ganz just wanted to use it so they could repeat an ingredient in this set of recipes).

Pearlipat: Another recipe with very simple and obvious ingredients, I was very disappointed to see how to make it once it was solved.

The fishsticks must be used to give that sea/fish aura to the recipe and give it the clam shape. The color of the fishsticks plate and the clam are slightly similar as well. The pear, I reluctantly say, is the "pear" in the name of the recipe and also makes the pearl - you can see two leaves emerging from the bottom of the pearl that clearly are a reference to the two distinctive leaves on the top of the pear. The salad makes up the insides of the clam - the leaves and the tomatoes and mushrooms.

With these three recipes above using such strangely obvious ingredients, I am not very pleased with the creativity of this newest set!

-February 2009

*Follow-up on Symphoscone!*

After more than 10 months of being an infamous unsolved recipe, Symphoscone has finally been solved. And by me, no less! This was my third solved recipe.

These three ingredients seem to be in perfect harmony with both the recipe and Symphoscone's set of recipes. Something about waffles, white rice, and fudge just fits wonderfully into this recipe, in my mind. I just got out my little cut-out pictures of all the W Shop foods and I laid Symphoscone's ingredients in place along with the other 12 from Berribrite Blast, Magimmery Mist, Slimescraper, and Monstrosoupy, and there was an aura surrounding the whole thing that made me feel like those ingredients fit flawlessly in with the others already solved.

Anyway, enough with the psychological standpoint here...

I can see why Symphoscone would include waffles, white rice, and fudge. The most obvious (obviously) are the waffles. I solved Symphoscone while eliminating waffles on the stove - that was the ingredient that I knew just HAD to be in there, once I had eliminated bread. There needed to be an ingredient that was "scone-like," referencing the name. Something floury that had real substance to it. Waffles were the perfect fit. Something I saw with waffles a long time ago was the similarity between the angle to the plate of the bottom waffle compared to the angle to the plate that Symphoscone is. They are a close match. Because of this, I had waffles listed on this thread as a Symphoscone comparison for quite some time. Yet another hint that waffles should be in this is found in the striking similarity between the color of the flowers and the waffles.

Another ingredient that had been on this thread for a while was the white rice. There is a funny reason behind that - white rice seems to be the odd ingredient when you create the recipe in WW, but I thought it made sense before the recipe is solved. Notice the two lines sticking out of the right side of the piano, right in front of the flowers? I saw this a long time ago and it reminded me of the chopsticks in the white rice - it looked as if the chopsticks were sticking under the piano. As it turns out, those "chopsticks" are actually music notes on the plate, separate from the rest of the recipe!

I think the combination of white rice and fudge for this recipe is essential to make the black, or in this case brown, and white keys of the piano. The fudge's purpose is most likely to be the black keys and it also shows up in the main body of the piano as those chocolate spots. What many members thought were the chocolate chips in the W Shop's cookies turned out to be spots of fudge. An interesting feature about the fudge is that it too sits at that familiar angle we notice on the waffles and Symphoscone!

These ingredients are just perfect for me, and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to be the first person ever (well, documented at least) to create a Symphoscone. Even though I lost a lot of credit for being the first to solve it, and although I went through a lot of suffering on the day it was solved, I will ALWAYS love this recipe - it is absolutely stunning, one of Ganz's best.

sydney88's tag on that thread wrote "a pianist will solve it." She was correct!

-February 2009

*Follow-up on Rextexmex*

This recipe is the latest recipe to be solved. It was created less than two days after Ainbowray Canape. Like some recipes, the ingredients just seem to work perfectly to me, but to others it seems like there is no reason for them to be in the recipe. Sometimes you just need to have observed how Ganz creates recipes for long enough that you can understand their processes.

The obvious ingredient here is definitely nacho chips. This ingredient was suggested right when the recipe came out because of the name. This is one time when the name may have counted for something. Including the "texmex" in the name reminded everyone of tacos and nacho chips. Since tacos were eliminated from this recipe when they were used in Megachinewich, nacho chips were the only alternative if that theory was to be right. Also, the nacho chips are the same golden color as the top of the recipe.

The chicken nuggets are one of those ingredients that seems right but you can't explain how. When sydney88 and I were working on the boost values for this, we both looked at the highest-boosting and said right away that there should be chicken nuggets out of all of them. I am not sure what it is about chicken nuggets that just works. I also believe that those are golden pieces of chicken sitting on the top of the recipe.

Coconut is the odd ingredient out here. I again don't know why, but it just seems to fit nicely. Perhaps the jewels are made out of coconuts? Anything is possible...

I am very happy with this recipe. The ingredients turned out nicely, and I had a chance to be incorporated in the action of solving it. Chef Gazpacho has outdone himself with this latest set!

-December 2008

*Follow-up on Ainbowray Canape*

This recipe was solved only a few hours after Cogitaticake. I think this recipe is very easy to explain and is also a very simple recipe itself. Personally, I would have liked Ganz to have been a little more creative when creating the ingredients for this one.

All three ingredients seem obvious. The one most obvious to me is blueberries. Many members (including myself) had contemplated right when this recipe came out that it should have ingredients that included colors in the names. I agreed, and all throughout the time before this recipe was solved, I told myself that I thought that blueberries was the only ingredient I would bet on being in this recipe. Blueberries fit perfectly with a rainbow.

The other two seem just as easy. The cherries are definitely known for their vibrant red color. Red is one of the most obvious colors in the rainbows Ganz put in the recipe, so it seems fitting to have a red ingredient. Webkinz crackers have to be making up the rainbows themselves. As someone mentioned, the rainbows remind us of the webkinz crackers spilling out of the box how they are arranged on the plate.

A very simple recipe, I think. And a fun one too that will surely please if sent as a gift. But still, a little boring to me.

-December 2008

*Follow-up on Cogitaticake*

This recipe was one of the latest recipes to be solved, and, for a change, it was solved by me!

When I solved this recipe, I was going by the newly-found boosts. After feeding my pet a Cogitaticake I discovered it boosted 24 or more for hunger, 11 for health, and 11 for happiness. That makes it the 1st healthiest solved recipe to date, 3rd highest boosting in hunger, and 3rd highest boosting for happiness. If you want an all-around great recipe to feed your pet when they are low on any of those three, this is definitely the recipe you want to feed them. I would say it is almost the perfect WW recipe!

Anyway, after discovering the boosts, I decided I thought for sure there was carrot cake. It sounds similar (the recipe ends in "-cake" anyway) and it seems like it would fit nicely in here. The ribbon around the diplomas is the same color as the carrots on the carrot cake too. Carrot cake boosts 10 for hunger and 5 for health (healthiest ingredient) which made it perfect to fit by the boosts. I tried several combinations before finally landing on the one with spaghetti and french fries.

The other two ingredients are definitely viewable in this recipe. The spaghetti is easily the tassle. I think that was creative on Ganz's part. The french fries make up the diplomas because of the color. They are nearly that same color as Floridisa is, so I should have realized they were in there!

Overall, besides the fact that I solved this one, I absolutely LOVE this recipe because it is so interesting to look at and then also has some of the greatest boost values of all time. Chef Gazpacho did an excellent job with this one, and I think everyone needs to go out and make some Cogitaticakes!

-December 2008

*Follow-up on Megachinewich*

This is the latest recipe to be solved. It was released on Wednesday, November 12th and solved one week later on the 19th. Since it was solved so quickly, not only was I not able to obtain a picture of it unsolved (hence the "Congratulations" screen containing the picture), but I also did not have too much time to let it soak in and find some good reasoning behind the ingredients.

The obvious ingredient in this one is burger. It has a blatant burger inside of the recipe for one thing, and it also followed with the hunger boosts we had discovered. The whole recipe followed this boost! What we did was found a Megachinewich before it was solved (thank you, KeyLargo!) and fed it to one of our pets to see how high the boost meters were raised. This was to get an idea of what the ingredients could be because the total hunger boost of the ingredients in a recipe often add up close to that of the recipe itself. In this case, the hunger boost was 25 which makes it the second-highest-boosting recipe of all time (first is Nuggetdog Megaroni). It needed some high boosting ingredients and it got them - Burger (10), Hot Dog (7), and Tacos (8 ) = 25! It was right on.

The hot dog and tacos are less easy to explain besides the fact that they fit the boosts. The best answer, perhaps, was given by the solver who stated that they thought a "mega" sandwich would use three sandwiches. They were right. A burger is a sandwich, and a hot dog and tacos can also be considered sandwiches because they have two similar substances on the outside of them and a substance in between. Maybe the Megachinewich was intended to use those three sandwiches.

No matter the reasoning, I can't seem to find the "Machine" reference in these ingredients... oh well. Ganz isn't perfect. :}

-November 2008

*Follow-up on Monstrosoupy*

This is one of the latest recipes to be solved. There are quite a few theories floating around as to why these ingredients work. Many of them I feel think too far into the recipe and need to be a little more general to give a logical and sensible explanation.

First off, notice that the ingredients all have a sense of "monster" in an aura surrounding them. I know when you first look at a box of raisins or a jar full of soaked cucumbers you may not see something scary and menacing, but I like to compare them to something like an apple or strawberry yogurt and then I see a stranger side to them. Mushrooms are a fungus and creep along trees, feeding off the minerals surrounding them but staying stationary - almost like a leech. Pickles are definitely not sweet and have a rough texture and an omininous, green complextion. Raisins are the death of a grape, the skin crinkled and dark and hiding the qualities of which the grape showed off so well. If you put your mind to it, you see the darkness in these cleverly (or completely uncleverly - who knows?) placed ingredients.

If you go by the picture in this, you will find some comparisons. I had both mushrooms and pickles on my comparisons of Monstrosoupy. Mushrooms are almost obviously the tentacle suction cups, while the pickles, as stated by many, seem to be the tentacles themselves, but not in a blatant way. The raisins don't seem to make up a definite part of the picture, but just work well with the recipe itself.

This recipe, yet again, shows that three ingredients, although seemingly placed in a strange fashion, can work together beyond the expectations of the member. I see that these three ingredients fit perfectly in a stove and let you see the Monstrosoupy before you even begin to click "Cook" and await the hidden secrets behind Chef Gazpacho's creations.

-October 2008

*Follow-up on Spinneretti*

This recipe is one of the latest to be solved. There are many, MANY reasons why I think some of the ingredients are in this, but many thoughts are not available to the public at this time.

What I can say is that pumpkin was the obvious ingredient in this one. Ganz really likes making "Halloween" recipes by using pumpkin. Some may argue that this isn't really a Halloween recipe, but obviously that was Ganz's intent. The waffles can be found all over this recipe. A poster from back in the beginning of this recipe noted that they thought the butter on the waffle resembled the yellow part of the recipe. The waffles do have a web-like design on them. Whoever at Ganz was making belgian waffles and noted that their cooker left designs similar to a spider web is obviously insane, but I see their point. If you look closely (you'll have to make the recipe to see this - it's clearer in WW) the part that seemed to be like a bagel does look like waffles underneath the transparent outer shell.
Lastly, the green grapes (the ingredient I most obviously hate now that I did so many combos with) are the trickiest to explain. I do have a reason for them that I can't tell anyone, but it is complicated. What I will say is that Ganz probably used them as the spider (to dry as raisins) as someone mentioned. Although (correct me if I'm wrong), green grapes do NOT make dark raisins, but instead golden ones, so if this was Ganz's intent then they are mistaken.

Contrary to popular belief, I found more reason behind this recipe than any of the other ones solved lately, so I think I'm catching on a pattern here. I hope my explanation is good enough for everyone!

-September 2008

*Follow-up on Bluchetta Grillon*

This recipe is one of the newest to be solved. If you are confused about the ingredients, well, so am I. But I'll try to give a bit of an explanation on why they are what they are. The easiest to explain, in my opinion, is ramen noodles. If you look at the white of the flower, you may notice it is the same glossy white color as the bowl for ramen noodles. It also has the same shading to it. That's what Ganz is about many times - adding hints to ingredients in the picture of the recipe (the reason for this thread). The other two are a bit more mysterious. Bread, I could say, may be just because it is a sandwich maker recipe. Or perhaps it is due to the duet of "bread and butter" where this is a butterfly. And maybe, if you look really closely and squint, you may see a similar shape of bread smoothed out on the butterfly. Pineapple may just be there just to top off the other two as a simple fruit. Pineapple is also the yellow color of the flower.

The best thing to notice about this recipe, though, is the fact that all the ingredients, no matter how different, seem to fit together. This may be due to the fact that they are all circling around the same color scheme.

These are my thoughts, but no one may ever know what Ganz was thinking.

-August 2008

Last edited by monkeecj; 07-15-2011 at 04:45 PM..
Old 09-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #10
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

Default Re: All W-Shop Foods and Unsolved Recipes Pictures In One Convenient Place! *No Better Place to Help You Solve a Recipe! Tons of Pictures, Paragraphs, and Ideas on All Things Secret Recipe! Check it out!*

New Updates! Please post and tell me what you think!

Last edited by monkeecj; 07-16-2010 at 04:35 PM..

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, awsome recipes, bear10176 was here!!!, bennybeagle was here, cj's da bomb! lol :), cocoa ♥'s this thread, f l a m e d a n c e, grace121498 was here!, hailee, i'm a monkeecj fan!, march to kindness, momo ducky!, monkeecj ♥ symphoscone!!, monkeecj = awesome, monkeecj = master chef!, monkeecj can explain it!, monkeecj wuz hear, solving recipes, spore! §