Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Gamez in Webkinz World > Polar Plunge

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Default Polar Plunge for newbies and Challengers

There are at least 2 challenges that require lots of KC from Polar Plunge - and I am having trouble getting very far in this game - the guides are for people trying to finish but I need help getting started!

I am doing the green course - hoping it is the easiest.

I can hop over most of the obstacles but get stuck at the snowman at the 650 mark - I always seem to hit it - and then am going to slow to get past the next treestump.

How do you hop over the snowman at 650?

There is another tricky stump at 1250 - any tips on that one - should I slow down or speed up to get over it?
Jarrah is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

Default Re: Polar Plunge for newbies and Challengers

I'm terrible at Polar plunge but I found I got better points off the first medium run - the ice cream float one even though I'll never be able to finish a course

the ice cream float one had enough "fly off a cliff" spots I could get almost 3kc from a game (I can see you laughing lol)

I played a lot of 3kc games and finally got through the challenge

btw push the speed button (>) when starting -you can half hit some of the snowman if you're going fast enough and still keep going
Old 12-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

I would love to try to help you, if I can.

To start off, I do think that Ice Cream Float and Polar Plummet are easier overall than Kewl Runnings, but I think that the beginning section of Kewl Runnings is much much easier than both the others. So if you only plan to go a certain distance into the game and don't want to worry about getting very far, then Kewl Runnings is fine.

I would suggest using the left and right arrow keys often. Much of the time it is extremely helpful to use the right arrow and speed up; when I play, I have that arrow held in constantly. However, you also may want to slow down sometimes, so the other is useful as well.

Are these the obstacles you are referencing (the exact points change depending on how fast you are going while playing)?

Click the image to open in full size.

There's a snowman right before this, and a stump right after.

Click the image to open in full size.

For the first one, I would say to slow down to try to jump over each snowman separately. Then, if you clear both, you should have no trouble with the stump. However, if you hit the snowman, then you will need to speed up as fast as you can with the arrow keys and you should still be okay to make the stump.

For the second one, there are many ways to go about this. You can either speed up as quickly as possible and hit the second platform and make one big leap while continuing to hold in the right arrow, or you can slow down as much as possible and slowly move down the steps until you reach the bottom right before the stump and then jump.

It's important to note that Polar Plunge is one of the most temperamental games, in my experience, with computer speed. It's really hard to play with a super slow computer, to the point that it might even be impossible. It gets better the faster your computer is. So if your computer is slow, then I'm very sorry (I had that problem for years).

Also, with WI's rules, I cannot give specifics, but it is notable to add that I (and maybe another member) have a video out there of this course completion. If you search for it (at your discretion), then it could be helpful to see the difficult parts and the whole course completed successfully. I know that helped me years ago.

Good luck!
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 12-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #4
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way

Thanks! It's the first of the two snowmen that I can never seem to get past - my pet hits the snowman and slows down - then I speed up and jump the second. I'm OK at the stump. I didn't realize WI had rules about the games - thanks for the heads up. I think the one in your first picture is the snowman after the one that gives me the most problems.

I'll try the other runs and see if I do any better. So far 5 is my highest score, hsi
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 12-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #5
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
Thanks! It's the first of the two snowmen that I can never seem to get past - my pet hits the snowman and slows down - then I speed up and jump the second. I'm OK at the stump. I didn't realize WI had rules about the games - thanks for the heads up. I think the one in your first picture is the snowman after the one that gives me the most problems.

I'll try the other runs and see if I do any better. So far 5 is my highest score, hsi
In that case, I would suggest going close to full speed and jumping from the ledge before the snowman instead of falling down to the ledge on which the snowman is sitting. You should be able to clear it that way. You may hit the second snowman, but you should still be able to clear the stump.

The rule to which I am referring is that concerning posting links to a certain video site. Although the videos themselves are great and I would definitely suggest them to get a feel for any of the courses.
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 12-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
In that case, I would suggest going close to full speed and jumping from the ledge before the snowman instead of falling down to the ledge on which the snowman is sitting. You should be able to clear it that way. You may hit the second snowman, but you should still be able to clear the stump.

The rule to which I am referring is that concerning posting links to a certain video site. Although the videos themselves are great and I would definitely suggest them to get a feel for any of the courses.
Thanks
Jarrah is offline Female
Closed