Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Gamez in Webkinz World > Polar Plunge

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #21
Gifted

sunnysong is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Polar Plunge • Course 3 • Polar Plummet • ∞• With videos on the New Course • ∞• Updated with photos of 7000 mark or 2 trees trouble • ∞•

My sister and I have been playing this a lot. We are having better luck than some. Finished the course 5 times and have 2 trophys. almost 50%.
but we haven't been able to finish the course at all the last two days. All of these were on course #3.
sunnysong is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #22
Gift Guru

commodore has disabled reputation

Default Re: Polar Plunge • Course 3 • Polar Plummet • ∞• With videos on the New Course • ∞• Updated with photos of 7000 mark or 2 trees trouble • ∞•

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
THANK YOU for taking the time to post this info and videos! True asset to WI. Thanks sooo much! I'm off to try some more runs
Thank you Exoteric!

---------- commodore added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by sunnysong
My sister and I have been playing this a lot. We are having better luck than some. Finished the course 5 times and have 2 trophys. almost 50%.
but we haven't been able to finish the course at all the last two days. All of these were on course #3.
Wow! That's great. Thank you kindly for letting me know, I've added you to the Stats at the top! Keep at it!

Last edited by commodore; 02-12-2008 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
commodore is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #23
Dipman
Gift Guru

Dipman will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the great advice! I really appreciate it!
Dipman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:04 PM   #24
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Dipman
Thanks for the great advice! I really appreciate it!
You're so welcome, hope the tips improve your game play.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 AM   #25
Gift Guru

Elektra is just really niceElektra is just really nice

Default Re: Polar Plunge • Course 3 • Polar Plummet • Videos & Photos of the New Course •

I've finished 3 times and 0 trophies. My scores have been 8700-8900.
Elektra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #26
Abaca

Default Re: Polar Plunge • Course 3 • Polar Plummet • Videos & Photos of the New Course •

i had 251 points- then i got a purple snowflake-and then i got 451! (or 351, i forget!) but i died. do we already know this?

---------- Abaca added 2 Minutes and 56 Seconds later ----------

i will check back later.

---------- Abaca added 2 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------

i just got another snowflake-it it the same thing.

Last edited by Abaca; 02-13-2008 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #27
colts13

thx 4 thwe help but i still cant complete it good job on the trophy
Old 02-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #28
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

okay commodore -- I am going to try this one now that I got the googles... lol

I have watch your videos several times..

I have a question --- How many total times have you played?.. I know you have finished several times, but being a player that has to repeatedly do thing a gazillion times before I get it... I want to get an estimate of how much time I have to put into this before I get it.. lol...
littlex3red is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #29
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Elektra
I've finished 3 times and 0 trophies. My scores have been 8700-8900.
Hi Elektra,

Well done on completing the course 3 times! I have added your Stats to the top, and hoping your luck will change soon and you will get a trophy!

Just thinking about your scores makes me wonder if there is a benchmark score to achieve before the trophy is randomly awarded. All our scores are over 9200 to finish the game.

Kodiak or Sunnysong, if you read this, please let us know if your trophy wins/game completion score is over 9000 points.

---------- commodore added 2 Minutes and 15 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Abaca
i had 251 points- then i got a purple snowflake-and then i got 451! (or 351, i forget!) but i died. do we already know this?

---------- Abaca added 2 Minutes and 56 Seconds later ----------

i will check back later.

---------- Abaca added 2 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------

i just got another snowflake-it it the same thing.
It is certainly a useful point. We have been thinking about those snowflakes since Day 1 but haven't come up with anything conclusive. When I have time I'll analyse the videos more. It could be a coincidence that your jump to catch the snowflake was a big jump or down a cliff which resulted in your score to increase so much.

---------- commodore added 8 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by littlex3red
okay commodore -- I am going to try this one now that I got the googles... lol

I have watch your videos several times..

I have a question --- How many total times have you played?.. I know you have finished several times, but being a player that has to repeatedly do thing a gazillion times before I get it... I want to get an estimate of how much time I have to put into this before I get it.. lol...
littlex3red, there has been hundreds of incomplete games (excluding practice before the first ever finish line crossing). We are still struggling on the course where the two pine trees are, where the igloos are down the cliff and even at the finish line LOL , on reflection just yesterday could be 60 games and completed the course 4 times with 1 trophy.

Sometimes we have to consult the videos as well, yesterday Elektra had a question which while we tried to figure out the answer, helped us to understand that part of the course better as well.

If I haven't said it before, I have to say I admire your persistence, perseverance and dedication no matter what game it is - you are pretty amazing!

Last edited by commodore; 02-13-2008 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #30
webelo3
Gift Guru

Kodiak wows us all with wonderKodiak wows us all with wonderKodiak wows us all with wonderKodiak wows us all with wonderKodiak wows us all with wonderKodiak wows us all with wonderKodiak wows us all with wonderKodiak wows us all with wonderKodiak wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by commodore
Kodiak or Sunnysong, if you read this, please let us know if your trophy wins/game completion score is over 9000 points.
Happy to oblige. All my scores are over 9,300 points, and they often exceed 9,400 points. Your score is a function of how fast you sled. If you slow down the video you created, commodore, you will see that the game is broken into a large number of segments and that the amount of points you get depends on whether or not you are pressing the right arrow key or not. (I know this only because I read it on one of Hamlet's threads). The bottom line is this: the longer or more often you have the right arrow key pressed down during the course of your run, the more points you will get. If you press neither the left nor right arrow key, or if you are being more conservative and holding down the left arrow key, you will get fewer points.

(By the way, if you have the ability to watch your video in slow motion, you should be able to determine, once and for all, whether catching snowflakes actually improves one's score. I've read several posts in which people have claimed that the snowflakes give you additional points, but I'm not convinced).

Last edited by Kodiak; 02-13-2008 at 01:41 PM..
Kodiak is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
small was here :]