Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 PM   #1

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber
Default Make your own Webkinz Tour Van -- Print and Assemble

After seeing Jagular's pictures of the van and talking with others about how cute it would be if Ganz made a little plastic van for our webbies, I was inspired to make one out of photo paper:

Click the image to open in full size.

This one is a little larger. I cut out an opening in the top. Now my little dog (a kinz clip) can ride in style!

The image to print is in the spoiler (it is large). Save it to your computer. Then insert it in a document and resize it as desired. I printed it on a glossy photo paper, brochure, or card stock, weight.

This picture below is a lower resolution image to show you what it looks like. Please use the one in the spoiler to make the van, you will get a better quality printed image.

The image to print is in this spoiler -- it may take a while to load. Save it to your computer and print. (For anyone who wants the van but doesn't have a color printer, the UPS Store, Mail Boxes, Costco, etc. could print it for you. I checked the price at the UPS Store and it should be about $1.50 or less to print it on card stock -- not bad! ). Here is some great information from Luvwebkinz: "I saved the template, in the spoiler, to my computer. Then I burned it to a cd. I brought the cd to Staples. They retrieved the template, of the van, from the cd and printed it on glossy card stock. It cost $1.19 per copy. I put one together and it came out really cute! I used thin, double sided tape instead of glue. . . . These will make a wonderful addition to my granddaughter's Webkinz birthday party. . . . each little girl will have a van and a figurine by her place setting, which she will get to take home. Since the theme of our party is Webkinz road trip event, which we intend to recreate at home to the best of our ability, this is perfect! "

Full Image Here in Spoiler:

Spoiler: show

If you make one, please post a picture of it!

Brief instructions:

Cut out carefully around outside of image, keeping all tabs. Fold tabs under, and fold the van sides, front and back, down. The front will curve a little as you glue the tabs or you can put a fold in at the top of the grille.

Use white tacky glue sparingly to assemble. Put glue on the tabs (most are marked with a black dot) and adhere them under the corresponding area. The back bumper wraps around the outside after you have glued the tabs from the sides to the back. The headlights also wrap around after the front is assembled by gluing the side tabs under the front bumper.

See the pictures for clarification. On the sheet you print there is also a picture showing the bottom of the assembled van.

Have fun!!

Now if I go to the tour event wearing van earrings do you think they will give me extra codes?

Update: They did give me a couple extra codes in exchange for the earrings. They are being very careful handing them out (as I guess they should be), but he said his boss would just LOVE them. She is a WW and WI fan.

Here is the largest van I have made. I printed it on 11 x 17 paper. It is just paper, so it is not sturdy enough to put in the lil' kinz, but it would fit okay. I really need to glue the paper to some cardboard and then assemble it. To make one larger than this I would have to piece the van together.

Last edited by CheekyDB; 07-24-2010 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: adding photos
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 
Default Re: Make you own Webkinz Tour Van -- Print and Assemble

Cheeky ~ this is just the cutest thing! I love it and have saved a copy already, thanks for sharing with us!!!
kayembee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

Cheeky, this is really neat!
curiousg is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
ebheads love
Webkinz :)

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

I love it, I now have to go find a toy van and make one too. You guys are sooooooooo talented!!
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

whoo hoo! i need to get proper paper and i will try it
jagular is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

Cheeky, how adorable!
I will definitely try to do this sometime soon... wow, thanks!
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #7

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
Cheeky ~ this is just the cutest thing! I love it and have saved a copy already, thanks for sharing with us!!!
So glad you like it Kay. I love little models.

View Post Originally Posted by curiousg
Cheeky, this is really neat!
Thanks!

View Post Originally Posted by rollingfur
I love it, I now have to go find a toy van and make one too. You guys are sooooooooo talented!!
Thanks RollingFur -- and just use this one!

View Post Originally Posted by jagular
whoo hoo! i need to get proper paper and i will try it
My prototype is printed on regular typing paper. Not as durable, but still turned out cute. The ones in the photo are on glossy card stock weight paper, if you use lighter weight photo paper you could xyron it to another sheet to make it stiffer. Thanks for the inspiration for the model!

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
Cheeky, how adorable!
I will definitely try to do this sometime soon... wow, thanks!
Good, hope you have fun!
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #8
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

OMG!! That is the COOLEST thing, now WHY didn't Ganz think of this?? If I could give you a THOUSAND Thumbups I would!! Now I can have a VAN for REAL!!
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
~ wackyfied ~
Webkinz :)

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

Cheeky, I really can only say: From YOU - this really does not surprise me, for you are so very creative
THANK YOU so much for sharing your instructions and directions with us!!!

Running to get more colored ink cartridges right now
THANK YOU THANK YOU
WI 50ish is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #10
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

here is my first attempt! cheeky i think you should add cut out and folding/assembly instructions! i didn't know it took level 10 kung fu skills to do it! maybe i am just a dummy

that is just regular printer paper. i have printed the glossy photo paper one, but have not started cutting
how is the bottom supposed to work? i did it, but it ain't pretty! lol
jagular is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
alexann luvs the van, awesome idea!!, f l a m e d a n c e, g was here, ricky