Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #21
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: "Would Have" Does Not Exist!

I agree with you that we shouldn't live with regret as a constant burden on us. That is crippling.
I do believe though that not everything we've done in the past was meant to be, or okay to just let it slip by without it being addressed. I think that it's right and good to regret our past mistakes and do what we can to make it right. Either to ask forgiveness for it, or go and fix what we've done. (as best we can)
Regret is what helps us learn the lessons from our mistakes.
I guess my first thought was child abuse. If parents don't feel regret and make things right, and feel like everything that happened was meant to be and okay.. then that's wrong. (just an example)
Regret and guilt are sometimes the best thing that we can feel, so that people learn and avoid those actions in the future.
I think it's vital to apologize and ask forgiveness before we toss regret to the side and move forward.

I do agree with you though, that once we've addressed our guilt and it's been resolved, it's good to move forward without regret.

Last edited by Desty; 07-01-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Desty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #22
Gifted

gympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed success
gympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed success

View Post Originally Posted by SophieKinz
Hello everyone. I have been inspired to make this motivational thread.

I have a little philosophy I try to live by. I know, especially as teens and preteens and young adults and even adults--
Okay, especially as people, we live with a lot of regrets whether we want to admit it or not. But really there's no reason to. Try not to imagine your mistakes and regrets as "I should have done _____" or "I would have done ______" Because in all reality, what happened, happened. There is no "would have". The events that occurred are fact. You can't go back or even imagine going back, because whatever your mistakes are, they were meant to be.

I know that's a bit confusing, but in summary... don't have regrets. Because what happened, was meant to be. And that's 100% okay.
Thank you for posting this Sophie! What you said is so true. What happened is what happened.
Although, I think it's good to have regrets and guilt at times. If you never did that, then that would mean you were always right, which, as humans, we are not always right.

If we all thought we were right all the time, then what would make people strive to do better in the future? There are the pros and cons to "would haves", and sometimes it is best not to think and regret over somethings.

But, I think what you are getting at, is the stuff we had no control over, which, in that case, we shouldn't regret over that something, since, it was meant to happen.

Last edited by gympuppy; 07-01-2013 at 10:05 AM..
gympuppy is offline Female
Old 07-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #23
Let It Go

CoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicness
CoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicness

This is so true! I try to live by that as well! Though it can be difficult! TY for making a thread about this!
CoolWebby is offline Female
Old 07-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #24
olf Shaped Bullet

beaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the rep
beaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the rep

This is a brilliant thread, thanks for posting. It's so true; if you can't do anything about the past, there's no reason to keep dwelling over what you should have done.
beaglelover10 is offline Female
Old 07-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #25
:)
Gifted

Author2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talent

Very nice post!
I have found that in my own life dwelling on the past is a mistake in itself and only prolongs the problem. But also I have found that things do happen for a reason, even if the reason is not clear for many years. : )

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I agree with you that we shouldn't live with regret as a constant burden on us. That is crippling.
I do believe though that not everything we've done in the past was meant to be, or okay to just let it slip by without it being addressed. I think that it's right and good to regret our past mistakes and do what we can to make it right. Either to ask forgiveness for it, or go and fix what we've done. (as best we can)
Regret is what helps us learn the lessons from our mistakes.
I guess my first thought was child abuse. If parents don't feel regret and make things right, and feel like everything that happened was meant to be and okay.. then that's wrong. (just an example)
Regret and guilt are sometimes the best thing that we can feel, so that people learn and avoid those actions in the future.
I think it's vital to apologize and ask forgiveness before we toss regret to the side and move forward.

I do agree with you though, that once we've addressed our guilt and it's been resolved, it's good to move forward without regret.
Very good point. Regret does have a place.
Author2B is offline Female
Closed

Tags
like a row of dominoes