Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
CosmicThunder
Webkinz :)

RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

Question What i realized

Okay so I have read around and watched some things about judging others, and honestly we were all raised to do this, its something humans can't help doing, it happens all the time. For one thing when we were all little we were taught "competition" whether its with sports, looks, intelligence, we were all introduced to this about who's the best who's the worse, you need to work harder ect.) As we got older we let ourselves be compared to others. And allowing us to be compared to others makes us judge, for example a guy see's some other guy better at football he's smarter and has got some pretty decent looks, and guy number 1 starts thinking aw why can't i be better than him, he's Mr perfect and its not fair." People automatically think about how they wanna change themselves and what they think of the other person. If you stop letting yourself be compared to others then your much better off. Can anyone else see what I'm trying to say?
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: What i realized

yes i can.
i hate when people compare me to other people. like in german people compare me to everyone else because 'im so good at german and they're so dumb' and they make such a big deal about it. i don't want to be compared to them because i am not them.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Yup. It's true.
We're raised not to judge, but yet everyone judged.
How many times have your parents told you not to judge someone, and yet they continue to judge people based merely on the way they look, or other things?
I'll admit it, I look at certain people, and I judge them.
I'm certainly not proud of it. But then, I always think "I don't know anything about that person. I have no right to judge them...".
I also compare myself to people. You know, I see those pretty, rich, popular girls at school, and think "Wow, I wish I could look like that, and be that popular...". But then, I realize, NOBODY has the perfect life. Everybody has something going on, whether it's divorced parents, financial issues, family issues, self-esteem issues, bullying issues, anything. NOBODY has the perfect life.
I also hate being compared to other people too.
In school, I've ALWAYS been compared to my older brother.
Whenever someone finds out he's my brother, they're like "Oh, your brother was so cool.".
It's like, don't compare me, I'm not my brother.
My brother was athletic, smart, popular, funny, and social.
And then there's me... I'm not athletic, I'm an average student, I don't have a lot of friends, and I'm really shy around people. Yeah, I know that, so stop comparing me to my brother. I'M NOT HIM. I'm my own person...
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
#merome

bunny90210 is an unparalleled talent
bunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talent

yes thats so true! i have been doing that lately ive been comparing myself to others like "why cant i have clothes like her?" or "my science project was way better then theirs". i just cant help it! ive always been like that. im pretty sure everyone is like that. to be honest, you have to appreciate what God has given us/them! some people dont have the things we have and we feel the need to judge them. i think ill be more cautious before i judge thanks for pointing that out
bunny90210 is offline Female
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #5

Breener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshine
Breener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshine

i see what you're saying.
and i very much agree.
people just need to be happier with themselves, and stop looking for people to compare themselves to.
i can guarantee that in life you're always going to find someone who you think is prettier, or more talented, or more popular. but oh well! you are you and that's perfect.
Breener is offline Female
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

I have this happen to me a lot. I'm one of those students who's *usually* on top of things and has a 3.5+ GPA. People know this and always try to make me responsible for everything, and always comment on how I'm "smarter" than them. It makes me feel really uncomfortable and bad. They shouldn't put down themselves. It doesn't matter how "smart" you are, just as long as you're trying your best and getting good grades, right?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
Gift Guru

catzrock has disabled reputation

It's a sad thing, isn't it? We are told not to judge, but in the world we live in, it happens all the time. I guess it's human nature to compare what we have or don't have to others, and make assumptions.
catzrock is offline Female
Old 02-08-2012, 05:13 AM   #8
Carly886

FrozenCreek has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenCreek has a spectacular aura about

Well, yes. Everyone who says they do or even don't is a hypocrite. I'm a hypocrite, you're a hypocrite, that person reading or posting on this is a hypocrite, we're all hypocrites, because it's a reaction sometimes to do those things because it's just human nature to do them. No, we don't have to do them and we were told this wasn't the right thing to do, and that jealously and comparison used to be something you got punished for. I realize your point, but we can't say that we won't ever judge or that we never have. Therefore, yes. I understand, but it's sad and no matter how much I've tried, people will be people and people will do what human nature brings, and everyone makes mistakes and some don't have the power to realize or change their ways. If we all stopped comparing ourselves to one another the world would be pretty nice, and no one would hate the other person just because they're prettier or get more guys or are thinner than you. You would want to be friends with her and compliment her, but without arguements this world would pretty much fall apart.
FrozenCreek is offline Female
Old 02-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #9

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I see what you're saying. People will compare themselves to others, because we're just innately social beings. In some ways it's good, because it makes us want to better ourselves and grow. When people become jealous, then the problems come in. I suppose for every good quality people have (desire to grow, increase their strengths, make things better), there will be a quality that tries to seep in and corrupt that good desire. (jealousy, judgement of others) I don't think that it's always a bad thing to compare ourselves to others. Sometimes that spurs us to work harder and keep each other sharp.

@ FrozenCreek.. not everyone is a hypocrite. Some people meet their strengths and weakness with honesty, and deal with it with integrity.

Last edited by Desty; 02-08-2012 at 05:53 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡

chocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roost

I agree. I remember last year my class had a discussion on the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" and if we should or not. Like we say that all the time but then why do books have covers? To judge them? It really got the conversation going.
Also, there's a quote my english teacher this year said. It was "I know who I am because of who I'm not" which I believe is true because (for example) I know I'm tall because I'm not short. And that's basically judging people. So I think people are raised to judge others. It doesn't sound good but it's what we do subconsciencelly. But that's just my opinion though.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I see what you're saying. People will compare themselves to others, because we're just innately social beings. In some ways it's good, because it makes us want to better ourselves and grow. When people become jealous, then the problems come in. I suppose for every good quality people have (desire to grow, increase their strengths, make things better), there will be a quality that tries to seep in and corrupt that good desire. (jealousy, judgement of others) I don't think that it's always a bad thing to compare ourselves to others. Sometimes that spurs us to work harder and keep each other sharp.

@ FrozenCreek.. not everyone is a hypocrite. Some people meet their strengths and weakness with honesty, and deal with it with integrity.
Yeah. You know how you said that with every good quality, there is a negative one. Well, in english (again), we were looking at Chinese mythology and it talked about the Ying-Yang where there is always an opposite, kind of like the different traits people possess. And that's true for everything and everyone.
Anyways you probably already knew something like that but I wanted to throw that in there. English class is affecting me lol

Last edited by chocluver223; 02-08-2012 at 06:15 PM..
chocluver223 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
babykittyricky♥, dudeeee kesha wuz here!, love who you are♥