Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
homg大好きシャノ!!
Webkinz :)

Fairnobody has disabled reputation

Default What do you think about this?

So my friend posted a video online and I decided to watch it.

Basically, this guy says there's a homeless guy who goes into the gas station by his house every day, and the guy video taping decided to give the homeless guy a losing lottery ticket, but tell the homeless guy it was a winning one. The guy video taping brought the gas station clerk into the whole thing, so when the guy and the homeless man go into the station, the clerk says "Oh my God...." in an astonished tone, and then pulls out a thousand dollars from his register. The homeless guy starts crying and repeating "I won the lottery I won the lottery" and offered to share some with the guy video taping, since it was originally his card
But...
What do you think about that?
I know it's supposed to be a kind act, but he just could have given the guy the cash and said "Here you go, hope it helps you out" like I think its kinda bad that he lied to the guy because if that grand gets the homeless guy far in life, lets say a job and house, He'll say to everyone "I won the lottery and that's how I ended up here" when he never actually won the lottery

So I'm just wondering what you guys think about this, maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way
Fairnobody is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #2

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: What do you think about this?

Did the homeless man get to keep the money? If so, I'd say that even though it was done under the guise of a fake lottery ticket, every person involved won something better than the lottery.

Last edited by Desty; 03-06-2014 at 08:31 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #3

9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness
9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness

ehh he had all the right intentions but he should have just given the guy the money
when he tells people he won the lottery and got a winning ticket from this or that gas station, it might come back to bite that one guy who gave him the ticket, if it gets too much publicity (which it sounds like it has, since i'm hearing about it)
not to mention that the homeless guy might hear about this story and feel stupid
9blaise9 is offline Male
Old 03-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
homg大好きシャノ!!

I agree with both of you, you both have very sound opinions
Desty, it seems as though the homeless man got to keep the money, as far as I know
Old 03-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

oh my gosh i saw that
i don't think it was meant to make the homeless guy look stupid or to exploit homeless people or whatever. if anything, i think the guy who posted the video used his internet fame (he makes a lot of other "prank" videos and they all get millions of views... most of them are fairly tasteless, some are funny. this is the first one i've seen where he does something genuinely kind) to make that video popular so others would see it and be inspired to do the same... perhaps not with the same amount of money, but seeing how genuinely happy that money made the homeless guy (honestly made me a little teary-eyed), and knowing that that money is going to a guy who the video's maker said was a well-intentioned homeless guy who was really nice... that really does restore my faith in humanity.

though there aren't a lot of homeless people around where i live, it does make me want to do more for the community, knowing that there are people out there who really need help from those of us who can give it.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 03-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #6

2k00l4sk00l defies all odds
2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds2k00l4sk00l defies all odds

i don't know, i think it's kind of cool actually.
like hey. look how unlucky ive been this past while. i just won the lottery!
how exciting would that be
i'd rather be told that than just be handed money
that's really cool
and especially considering he offered to share the money
wow
that is just really neat and very nice and i hope he and the guy who posted the video have a very happy, good life.
how generous.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:56 PM   #7

True2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicness
True2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicness

Isn't this all over YouTube?
True2MyWord1 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #8
homg大好きシャノ!!

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
oh my gosh i saw that
i don't think it was meant to make the homeless guy look stupid or to exploit homeless people or whatever. if anything, i think the guy who posted the video used his internet fame (he makes a lot of other "prank" videos and they all get millions of views... most of them are fairly tasteless, some are funny. this is the first one i've seen where he does something genuinely kind) to make that video popular so others would see it and be inspired to do the same... perhaps not with the same amount of money, but seeing how genuinely happy that money made the homeless guy (honestly made me a little teary-eyed), and knowing that that money is going to a guy who the video's maker said was a well-intentioned homeless guy who was really nice... that really does restore my faith in humanity.

though there aren't a lot of homeless people around where i live, it does make me want to do more for the community, knowing that there are people out there who really need help from those of us who can give it.
Yeah, I totally don't think it was made to exploit him or whatever at all, but I think he could feel stupid if he found out it was all a lie...
There's a lot of homeless people in the city near where I live. I go there every two weeks and have to wait in a food court for about an hour and 20 minutes before being able to go to my appointment, so I get countless homeless people asking for money. Last time I was asked, I gave the guy my change (which was a little over a dollar,) and told him to go buy a burger, and that i'd be watching to see if he didnt. (I only give my money to homeless people for food, otherwise they might use it for something like drugs or who knows what else...I know you cant buy drugs with a buck fifty, but people save up...) and the woman sitting across from me starting bashing on me (very loudly) to her boyfriend about how stupid I am for helping a homeless guy like that and "why did she have to give him ALL her change?" -.- Unlike her, I can't turn down someone in need....

But then the guy I gave my change to came back to me in a trench coat and sunglasses and said the same thing he said before and I was like "Um...didnt I just give you money??" then another homeless guy came and sat at the table next to me and stared me down while munching on a mcchicken...then two other homeless people came up to me and then when I got to my appointment a block away, another guy was asking me to buy him food and my instructor almost had to step in cos he wouldn't stop talking and let me go o-o
There's all kinds of people out there...You especially have to be careful in the heart of a big city. I have to double knot the drawstrings of my backpack and button the flap because people have literally tried to steal from me while I was walking down the street wearing it on my back
The homeless people where I live though are very nice, and my boyfriend was even in the same class as one of them
View Post Originally Posted by True2MyWord1
Isn't this all over YouTube?
Dunno, I saw it on Facebook, not YouTube xD
Old 03-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #9
Deertail :D

warzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoW
warzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoW

Well really in my view its good and bad

Good' The sweet poor old man just won the lodery and now he has another chance in life to get back up. God blessed him with this ticket to help him with everything here so I think thats wonderful
Bad, the guy who gave him the ticket was being really mean knowing the ticket didn't work but it got turned around on him and now look
warzone2251 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #10
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

I guess it's good and bad at the same time. It's good he got $1,000 but it's bad he lied to the poor guy.
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Closed