Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Open Mike (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/open-mike-164/)
-   -   Tips for doing a bridge from standing up? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/open-mike-164/tips-doing-bridge-standing-up-735071/)

lilpanda12303-06-2012 04:39 PM

Tips for doing a bridge from standing up?

I can easily do the bridge from the ground but I want to teach myself how to do it from standing up!
Any tips?

mickey2603-06-2012 06:05 PM

Re: Tips for doing a bridge from standing up?

How to do a bridge (gymnastics) from standing? - Yahoo! Answers

I really really recommend you have someone to spot and support your back when you do this. And please, only do this if your ready--I do not want you hurting yourself.

:)

Desty03-06-2012 06:52 PM

Yeah, make sure you stretch and stretch a lot, and strengthen your legs. Otherwise, you'll do what I always used to do, and land on your head. xD :D

ratgirl5703-06-2012 07:53 PM

Hey there! I did gymnastics for 2 or 3 years so maybe i can help?

You mean a backbend? Put your feet shoulder length apart, and your thumbs near another. Slowly, bend your back down until your hands are on the floor. Try putting your feet together and hands in a triangle and move your hands/feet closer to another and push your shoulders back if you get really good. If you want to get even more skilled, you can pull up from a backbend by rocking back and forth 3 times and then pushing up into a standing position. :)

webkinzgangz03-06-2012 08:12 PM

Don't hit your head ;) that's what I always do LOL

luvzfrogs03-06-2012 08:26 PM

My cousin can do a hand stand and fall down into a bridge. Very good tips above. Good luck:)

lilpanda12303-06-2012 08:46 PM

Thanks, Ill try those ! Any more tips?

RubyRed994703-06-2012 08:59 PM

well i did gymnastics for 4 years or so, and this is is pretty much how i mastered the back bend:

it helps a lot if you put your feet wider apart when you're in standing position
that way, there's less space between your arms and the floor when you're bending back, and it helps your balance
also, keep your arms by your ears at all times
don't get scared and move them out of the way, because i've done that before, and trust me, it wasn't fun
and if you're nervous, have someone put their hand underneath your back so that they can catch you if you fall

wowewe03-06-2012 10:35 PM

are you flexible? that will help a lot. just make sure to look down at the ground and have your arms ready to touch the ground, so have them by your ears. keep your feet wide apart. don't like, twist out of it if you get scared/nervous/etc. because it will be uncomfortable and will hurt.

lilpanda12303-07-2012 07:30 AM

Thanks so much everyone!!!!