Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
TaliaJoy18 </3
Webkinz :)

aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible

Default Help?

Okay, so there's this girl in my class. I'll call her Mary. Mary is an only child. So, Mary is CONSTANTLY bragging, picking fights out of nothing and a ton of other dumb stuff. Her latest fight? Inviting herself to a movie and sleepover with me and my friend.

So, I was hosting a sleepover with my friend (I'll call her Jane). Jane is really nice, but she doesn't get along with Mary. I also was only allowed to invite one person to my sleepover. Jane and I were going to see the Lorax with my neighbour, mom and brother. I was telling Jane that she could come see The Lorax with us. However, Mary was eavesdropping and invited herself to come. When I said no, she was all like "YOUR SO MEAN EMMA! I REALLY WANTED TO SEE THAT! IT'S NOT FAIR! I ALWAYS INVITE YOU OVER AND YOU DON'T COME" and she stomped off and didn't talk to me until later.

So, all week she's been going on about wanting to go. I've tried telling slight lies to her, because she wants to have her mom drive her out and let her come with us. She must have told my teacher, because this morning and this afternoon my teacher was all like "Emma you should really invite Mary to a movie" or "It's excluding if you don't invite her" and I told her that I wasn't allowed and the car would be full. She just continued and I walked back to my desk with tears in my eyes.

My mom agrees that I should be able to choose who I want to come with me to the movies and who I want to be friends with. She isn't very impressed with my teacher. I would tell her I don't want to be her friend, but then she'd bawl and tell my teacher therefore getting me in big trouble. Our school is all "Anti-Excluding" and "No Leaving People Out" and stuff like that. So my question is, what should I do? Another thing I should add is that she thinks I'm her BFF and she calls me everyday! If I make up excuses not to go or tell her I don't want to, I never hear the end of it. She keeps on reminding me that she bawled all day this one day I said I was too tired to go.

Sorry for ranting, I'm just so sick of it.
aquahusky14 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #2

coolcat8900 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Help?

awe i really dont no what do do. sorry
coolcat8900 is offline Female
Old 03-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Call me Submerged

Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams
Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams

Umm, if YOU don't want her to come, it's YOUR choice!!
I personally thinks she has problems..
Just try and stay well away from her
Gpod luck!

Last edited by Coolgirl27965; 03-02-2012 at 05:12 PM..
Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Gifted
Jenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the boss
Jenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the boss

Just pick who you would rather go see the movie with. If you end up taking your other friend and Mary gets upset, thats her problem.
If you don't want to be friends with her, then you should probably tell her that. Even if your school has a no excluding policy, they can't force you to be friends with someone, or hang out with someone who you don't like.
Jenny is offline Female
Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #5

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

Maybe some other time you could sit down with Mary and talk to her or you couldplan a special day just for you two. Try explaining the situtation to her again and if she cant get it, its her problem. Otherwise,.maybe just try to ignore her. If your teacher is ever.like that again maybe tell her your side of the story. Good luck
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 03-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
12 ft deep

lizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forum
lizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forumlizzielizardv rocks the forum

Tell her that your mom only wants Jane to come, and that she doesn't know Mary...??
lizzielizardv is offline Female
Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #7

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

First of all, that's a silly school policy. Sometimes it's right and good to avoid certain people.
If you'd like to still get together with Mary sometimes, my advice is to sit down with her and clearly say that you'd like to get together with her sometimes, like maybe a movie every few weeks, or something. Set a day aside and plan ahead. Also be clear that sometimes you have other people you have committments with as well. If she complains about wanting to join in with you at other times, just nicely remind her that you are looking forward to the day you 2 have set aside, but this time is for you and your other friend.
If you don't want to get together with her ever, that's fine. Just be kind and friendly. It's ok to say NO.
Desty is offline Female
Old 03-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #8

KelsDDucky will become famous soon enough

Well, it seems like she is looking for sympathy.

I would be like, "Look, Mary. I'm sorry, but my mom said I can only invite one friend. I already invited Jane before I invited you. It wouldn't be right to tell her she can't come just because you want to go. Maybe another time you can come."

Also if she keeps calling you everyday, answer but really try not to carry the conversation very much. Answer her questions, things like that. Be nice but if you don't talk very much she might start deciding she doesn't want to talk to you on the phone.

Hopefully, this advice will help you with your situation
KelsDDucky is offline Female
Old 03-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #9
TaliaJoy18 </3

I've told her zillions of times I can only have one friend over but she just whines and crys. As well, this girl has gossiped about me after I refused to come to her house.
aquahusky14 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #10

sharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wonder

You are absolutely right. Your teacher and Mary have no right to make you let her go. Anyway, that is a stupid rule. I agreed that if you and Jane an d a bunch of other kids are playing a game, Mary should be included sometimes, but if you and Mary want to play alone, that's absolutely fine.
sharky48 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
alfredxmaddie, the tardis stopped here, think outside the [box]