Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
Kiss the Hot Italian
Webkinz :)

bellabean123 has a spectacular aura about

Default Those who wear contacts click HERE!!!

Hey everyone! I just got contacts, but i have trouble putting them in! I need to learn in two days, because i want to wear them for vacation!!! what do i do? does anyone have any advice on how to put them in easier?
bellabean123 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
fallbullet4
Gifted

smurfette6496 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Those who wear contacts click HERE!!!

Hey, I have contacts too!Well obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be typing.So, the deal is, my contact person (i guess I could call it opthamologist) told me to put my right contact in by holding my eyelid with my left hand middle finger and my right hand fourth finger. i put it in with my middle finger on my right hand. and the left eye i do it vice versa.i had a lot of trouble with it too at first, my left eye has astigmatism, so the contact is a little bigger and was a LOT harder to put it in.Well good luck and post or PM me if you have any other troubles!
smurfette6496 is offline Female
Old 07-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
ent Away From Desk
Gifted

L6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratz on getting your contacts! Welcome to the world of wearing SUNGLASSES!!! LOL

It can be really hard at first, putting them in. It might take a while to get used to sticking your finger in your eye!

I always start by washing my hands, you can run into real trouble if you get stuff on your hands and then put in your contacts...an eye infection is not a pritty sight!

Then I have a mirror that I can get REALLY close to...it is in my bathroom so it also has really good lighting...I would reccomend putting something under you like a towel or something, so if you drop the contact or it pops out while you are trying to put it in, you can find it and it doesn't get really gross from beeing on the floor.

I always start with the same eye...I put the contact on my pointer finger tip (thats the one next to the thumb). Not the nail...but the flat part of your finger tip. I also use the opposite hand like smurffett said...right finger tip for the left eye & left finger tip for the right eye. (Be sure you are close to the mirror, so you can see what you are doing! Don't want to poke out your eye LOL) I use the index finger (the one next in line to the pointer) to pull down the bottom of my eyelid (this feels kinda wierd at first but you will get used to it.) Then I put the contact up close to my eye, and look up and gently put the contact into my eye. I keep my eye closed and roll my eye up and down to help the contact go into place. Then I blink a few times . This helps push the air bubbles under the contact out so it doesn't feel funny. Then I repeat it on the other eye.

I would try practicing a few times to get used to it. It helps to sit down when you do it at first. Just be gentle with your contacts so they don't tare...and I would reccomend having an extra pair around incase you loose one...especially if you go swimming!
I hope that helps! Feel free to PM me if you have anymore quesitons or need any contact survival/travel tips!

Last edited by L6313; 07-15-2008 at 04:42 PM..
L6313 is offline Female
Old 07-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
duckonahill

x Christiex24 is on a distinguished road

ooo ok this is what i do:

1. always WASH UR HANDS with soap
you dont want any eye infections cuz u got bacteria in them

2. okie dokie, open r contacts case
i start with my right one cuz im right handed, it just what i do u dont have to, but i think its esier if u alwasy start with one or the other, so u dont mix them up

3. i slide the contact out with my right index finger and put in into my palm

4. i make it ready to out into my eye. like all the sides are up and stuff on my left index finger

5.i make sure my right index finger is dry and i slide the contact ready to put in back onto my right finger
(i always think a dry finger is easier to put the contact in because it wont stick to the water on ur finger from the disinfectant liquid)

6. open ur right eye really wide with ur middle left finger on the top eyelid
and right middle finger on the bottom
( becareful not to hit ur face with the contact)

7. get close to ur bathroom mirror

8. kinda put the bottom part on the contact into ur eye. think of it as putting it in at an angle and then move ur finger kinda upward to make sure the top is in.

9. keep ur finger there for a few seconds to make sure its completely on ur eye

10. gently remove ur finger and blink a few times to make sure it centered

11. so the same with the left eye and ur in business!

basically to get really good at it, you have to practice. u get teh hang of it soon
good luck :]
Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
Kiss the Hot Italian

ok thanks! I can now get them in, but my right contact seems to hurt a little, like sting when its in. What do you think it is?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #6
nic
This is not a pipe.
Gifted

nic has a spectacular aura about

I know what you mean! It took me 4 hours to get my contacts in by myself the first time!
As for your right contact hurting, sometimes mine will hurt if my eyes are tired and bloodshot, if the contact is a little dry, and one time I even accidentally switched the contacts so that the right was in my left eye and the left was in my right eye. That actually hurt quite a bit.
nic is offline Female
Old 07-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #7
um... I forgot?
Gifted

kermitfan93 is a jewel in the roughkermitfan93 is a jewel in the rough

I just got mine a few months ago..... I love them! I was actually very nervous about not being able to wear them because of my allergies (my dad can't wear them) My first pair bothered me a ton, but we realized it was the silicon in the lens(im allergic to silicon) and so After that Im having a much better time! but..... lol It just takes a ton of practice, and like all of the other ppl said, make SURE to wash your hands with soap!

Kermie
Old 07-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #8
Kiss the Hot Italian

i just dont know what to do! this is the second time this has happened.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
ent Away From Desk
Gifted

L6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by bellabean123
ok thanks! I can now get them in, but my right contact seems to hurt a little, like sting when its in. What do you think it is?
View Post Originally Posted by bellabean123
i just dont know what to do! this is the second time this has happened.
It may be that the contact is inside out....take the contact back out and rinse it really good...then put it on your finger tip and look at it from the side...Here are pics i drew real quick to show you what it should look like and what it looks like when it is insideout...
It may be stinging a bit because your eye has to adjust to wearing a contact lense..or it may be irritated from trying to put them in.
Hope that helps!

Last edited by L6313; 09-16-2008 at 11:51 PM..
L6313 is offline Female
Old 07-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #10
um... I forgot?
Gifted

kermitfan93 is a jewel in the roughkermitfan93 is a jewel in the rough

I also had problems with my Right contact... weird! lol, but, sometimes it takes awhile to get 100% used to them, it took me a few days.

Kermie
Closed