Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Love is Love
Webkinz :)

Mint Chip is an unparalleled talent
Mint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talent

Default TERRIFIED!

Ok so I am absolutely TERRIFIED of the orthodontist. (pathetic right?) I have to get 4 teeth pulled today and Im just flat out terrified! I have no idea even why Im scared of the ortho. just am. Any ideas on how to get over this?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Banned
webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!
webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!

Default Re: TERRIFIED!

I hate the ortho too

BRING A WEBBIE!! Lol, it actually helps me to put my Mazin' Hamster or Kinz Klip i my pocket.

Maybe ask your mom if you could do something you want afterwords? Like, after MY ortho appointments, i make my mom go to Dairy Queen and get a milkshake. Sometimes i drag her into Hallmark too...

When they're about to do it, count in your head. Focus on your "happy place." Think of something that makes you happy.

Try to relax! I know better than anyone that it's hard to relax when there's a strange person fooling around inside your mouth, but try to relax your muscles, it helps.

Try to think of all of the reasons why you're scared, and find ways to solve them. For example:
I'm worried something might go wrong.
These people know what they're doing, they wouldn't hurt me.

or:
I'm afraid it will hurt.
Well, it probably will. But it won't take too long.

Also, before you go, if you can eat and drink and all that, try putting some Origel (Sp?) on the teeth they are going to pull, it always lessens the pain for me.

Good luck!

Last edited by webkinzfan909; 06-16-2011 at 11:39 AM..
Old 06-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #3

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Aw, I understand how you feel. I've been through so many different surgeries in my mouth. Here's what helps me;
1. Tell your orthodontist that you are really nervous, and set up a hand signal for him to give you another shot of the pain killer if you need it. (they will do this)
2.. Realize that they will totally numb your mouth.
3. You won't feel any pain during the procedure.
4. It only takes a minute to pull a tooth.
5. If they are baby teeth, they come out easily. (small roots)
6. They can give you medicine to take home for later, if you are sore.
7. Then it's OVER!!

Have a gift waiting for you! It helps! It's really not so bad, trust me. You'll be fine.
Desty is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #4

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

They will numb you you won't feel a lot, maybe even nothing at all!

When I got my teeth pulled the only things I could eat was yogurt, applesauce, and ICECREAM(: look forward to that!
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
ow, do I love clowns

WinterPupxo is just really niceWinterPupxo is just really nice

Don't worry, the numb you. NO pain whatsoever. Usually they have TVs and whatnot, so if you get scared just focus on that. Have a goal, when you get done maybe get a new webbie! It'll be over in a flash, so don't be scared. These guys are professionals!
WinterPupxo is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #6

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Yes, they are professional
Old 06-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
Love is Love

Mint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talent

^^^^ Sure
Old 06-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #8

Haha believe me!!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
Love is Love

I am sooooooo nervous
Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
(◕‿◕✿)

allyb0 knows the way
allyb0 knows the wayallyb0 knows the wayallyb0 knows the way

Try to relax and think of a happy place you have, like I don't know- the beach! Or as I can see you like star bucks!

Bring a webbie with you as webkinzfan909 said, or maybe a mazin' hamster!

Afterwards beg your mom (or dad) to take you to a store that sells webkinz.

Then you can also go to DQ!

Oh, and you won't feel a thing since your teeth will be numb.

And lastly, the orthadontists won't hurt you. There like doctors so they know what there doing!

My brother went through this too. (He had to have 4 teeth pulled out too!) Afterwards he's getting braces!

Good luck!!!

Last edited by allyb0; 06-16-2011 at 01:45 PM..
allyb0 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
megan wuz here