Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
hat even
Webkinz :)
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

Default Summer Bedroom Decoration Ideas

So I am pretty much on summer vacation. Almost. My mom has to grade my math test and look over my book report and I'm done. (I'm homeschooled, by the way.) So, to celebrate, I'm rewarding myself by decorating my room. Okay, okay, it's not really a reward since I would do it anyway, but still. I want to decorate it for summer. So I would like some suggestions to decorate it. Below is a description of my bedroom as best as I can. I can't show pictures for privacy reasons.

I currently have a pastel blue, white, and green striped comforter on my bed. If you turn it over, it's a (sorta ugly) display of pastel blue, white, and green flowers. I have a giant green pillow on it (it's really big) and on the end I have a bright greenish bluish yellowish crocheted tie-dyed blanket, folded in half. My bed is white and has 5 flowers on each end, at the tip of each pole that helps to support the bed. I was hoping that soon I'll be able to just use my mattress on the ground, and thought that'd look cool, but I don't think my parents would be super psyched if I did that without their permission and would probably say no if I asked them. Plus, where would I put the bed thingy? :/ Then I have two flowery dressers. They're a nice, light wood. One of them has 6 drawers, one has 3. The one with 3 is also a bookshelf with 2 shelves. On the top shelf I have my books, supported by a basketball trophy our team got from being division champs/undefeated. On the second shelf I have this really cool guitar painting that I propped up against the back of the shelf. Then, down below that, is where the top of the dresser would be if there were no shelves. I don't have anything on there but a clock and an angel desk lamp, which I am planning to put in storage for the summer. My other dresser is seriously just plain. I'd put something on the top, but, between me and all of the internet, sometimes I sit up there and blow blueberry scented bubbles. xD I don't have any curtains. I have plain, white blinds over two windows that look out into the front yard. My carpet is tan colored and my walls are purple. I also have a pillow fort stretching between my desk and bed, which I don't want to move, so I won't be doing anything on my desk, though I can decorate my bed. Any suggestions? If you actually read this, here's a cookie for being so patient!
girlzluv2play is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #2

ReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guide

Default Re: Summer Bedroom Decoration Ideas

Perhaps find a comforter with a solid, warm summer color? Another thing I would do is find strings with butterflies/flowers/etc. on them and drape or wrap them on/around something. Of course, anything beach-themed is always appropriate -- or even, nautical. I would say to find your favorite thing about summer and play up that. It will make your room enjoyable and really feel like the heated season.

Fresh flowers in a vase, if you can get them and aren't allergic, always add beautifully to the big picture., even if it's just a single daisy or something.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
hat even
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by ReinventLove
Perhaps find a comforter with a solid, warm summer color? Another thing I would do is find strings with butterflies/flowers/etc. on them and drape or wrap them on/around something. Of course, anything beach-themed is always appropriate -- or even, nautical. I would say to find your favorite thing about summer and play up that. It will make your room enjoyable and really feel like the heated season.

Fresh flowers in a vase, if you can get them and aren't allergic, always add beautifully to the big picture., even if it's just a single daisy or something.
Thanks! I'll probably head down to the dollar store soon and get some beach balls, wall decals, and other stuff and I've been thinking of picking some wildflowers and putting them in a vase when they grow/when it stops raining.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
hat even

Any other suggestions?
Old 05-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
Glad to be
Gifted

tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence
tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence

You can always YouTube videos for "summer decoration" or look online. There are many bloggers and vloggers that can offer you much better advice than myself. Instead of investing in bigger pieces like new dressers, you can always spice up your room with quick DIY projects and art!
tiffc is offline Female
Old 05-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #6
^^^Add me!^^^

j10a11 invented the repj10a11 invented the repj10a11 invented the repj10a11 invented the rep
j10a11 invented the repj10a11 invented the repj10a11 invented the repj10a11 invented the repj10a11 invented the repj10a11 invented the rep

View Post Originally Posted by tiffc
You can always YouTube videos for "summer decoration" or look online. There are many bloggers and vloggers that can offer you much better advice than myself. Instead of investing in bigger pieces like new dressers, you can always spice up your room with quick DIY projects and art!
This^^^

If I was you, I would look on Pinterest for inspiration. I have gotten SO many good design ideas from that website.

How about you make a makeshift canopy above your bed with some light fabric? Look for tutorials on Pinterest or YouTube.

Honestly, Pinterest is really the way to go here.
j10a11 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
be true!