Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Gifted

BloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roost

Lightbulb persuasive speech ideas?

hey people of webkinz insider . com
you're all creative, intelligent, beautiful beings
so i ask you to help me on my journey for an A+.

For school, my teacher assigned a project for our Public Speaking unit. What I was assigned to do is create a 2-3 minute persuasive speech about any topic (not anything too serious, it can be humorous, but still very persuasive and realistic)

I'm braindead.

Does anyone have any topics they can think of?

Thankyouu
bleugahljey
BloogleJ is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: persuasive speech ideas?

BLOO I SEE YOU.

anyway.
how dropball should be legalized

hmm... something about school uniforms and rules? that's probably a generic answer though.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

BlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicness
BlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicness

persuasive?

maybe why to/why not to get vaccines

homework/no homework

to go to college/not to go to college

if internet is good/bad

school standards/dress code

steroids in sports

price of textbooks/school supplies

if zoos are good/bad

idk just a few ideas you could write a lot on c:
Old 01-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

duuuude i had to give a big ol' persuasive speech for speech class last semester (mine was like eleven, twelve minutes... the requirement was like seven to ten minutes)
IT WAS THE FUNNEST THING EVER

i just did mine on how kpop should be more mainstream like latin american music is ahahaha

but really what i did was i took a personal opinion of mine and turned it into some big production with powerpoint slides and a youtube video and lots of facts and statistics since nobody really knows what kpop even is at my school so i had a "neutral" audience which my teacher told me meant i just needed to keep feeding them information and they'd soak every word up (and they did )

so a personal opinion of what you think is the best -insert thing here- is good

like you could do how cats are better than dogs/vice versa

in my speech class, our persuasive speeches always needed an action with them. like, you had to tell the audience to get up, go out there, and DO SOMETHING about whatever it is you were persuading.

so, like

people should go to college

minimum wage should be higher

you can find a recent issue in your school/community and persuade people to do something about it

like for my school/community i could've used

-the new, "healthy" school lunches made of whole grain, questionable lettuce, and mystery meat are crud and we should go back to how they were last year

-we should/shouldn't adopt the uniform policy

-we shouldn't cut the art programs

-we should get better computers/switch to apple

so yeah

you can do an opinion turned production
a change in a mainstream policy
a community issue

or follow these guys'^^^^^^^^ options which are probably way better hahaha
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
support the blue

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

hmm.. how about 'Final Exams shouldn't be given so much weight' ?
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

I like Blue Parrot's ^^

Some recent debate topics for competitions the last couple years were: "Text-based social networking is toxic" and "The needs of the many outweigh the rights of the few" (if those give you any ideas)
This year it has a political side to it (about the Keystone pipeline) so I don't know whether to be glad or upset that I'm judging and not actually debating this year

Whatever you do, make sure you follow the rules from this guide. It is honestly the best guide I've ever read and has turned me into the current debater that I am:

How To Be Persuasive

Spoiler: show

If you haven't already realized, I was kidding about that last part. I still think it's an entertaining guide though lol
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #7

peachypeaches defies all odds
peachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all odds

You could write about the book Persuasion by Jane Austen

Or like real topics? censorship, standardized testing, should schools require foreign language? benefits/drawbacks of single-*** schools and/or their relationship to gender stereotypes, something about Scottish independence, why people should enjoy classical music, immigration laws? if the US postal service needs reform and how, abolish the penny

I'm really just spitting out old essay ideas from my English class...I don't know if any of those topics are actually relevant enough to write a speech on but maybe it helps you think of ideas.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #8
courage7856
Gift Guru

courage7856 is a creator of wonder
courage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wondercourage7856 is a creator of wonder

I'd say play to your interests- I'm into science, so a few years ago, I did mine about genetically modified foods. If you like music, you could argue about why music should be kept in schools.
courage7856 is offline Female
Old 01-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
Gifted

QueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of glory
QueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of glory

I did a persuasive speech once on why Divine Creation is so much more evidable than the idea of evolution. I got so many compliments on it, though I got confronted by one student afterwards. Luckily, I held my ground, because he posed an argument I had already researched and knew a response for, so it turned out okay for me.
QueenVet is offline Female
Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #10
~ wackyfied ~

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

you could persuade fellow classmates:

the importance of brushing your tongue while brushing your teeth
the importance of washing your hands for a minimum of 3 minutes
the importance of recycling
how Facebook and other social sights can ruin a college admittance
to use the buddy system while traveling and visiting other places

g00d lUck
WI 50ish is offline Female
Closed

Tags
dftba, i will go the distance, pokemans, you are beautiful!