Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #11

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Don't worry -- studying is a problem for most people at some point in time. Here are a few things that help me:

1.) Pick out a healthy (and once and awhile an big treat!) and some water/tea before you get started. Even if you don't eat it or drink it, it will keep you focused and won't allow you to run off and find something to eat 10 minutes into studying!!

2.) Take notes throughout your studying. Make them concise, you are not looking to note all of the material, just the highlights--the major points. For example if it is about...the parliamentary system of Canada, you would take notes of the major fundamentals of the system (Having a prime minister + cabinet, etc).

3.) if you don't know - ASK what the exam will cover. That way you can plan your studying. Most teachers/profs will give you a good idea of what material will be covered in the exam.

4.) there's an app for everything. Including some awesome flash card apps. Fill them in & you have a completely random order and rapid fire daily test to start on. It's a good way to figure out where you need to focus for the day.

5.) focus on what you need to work on. If you are having problems remembering the key aspects of the battle of Waterloo, then it would be wise to review that area. Study for the day. Take a break. And review again in a day or two.

6.) don't stress... This is the hardest part. IF you study throughout your course/class, you are already half way to figuring out this exam! You retrain a lot of knowledge if you figure out how you learn. I know that I have to take notes... No matter what. It's how I learn. Others learn from repeating things out loud, etc.

Good luck!!
MissGnomie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
Webkinz :)

BlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicness
BlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Studying Tips/Tricks

Ah, these are so helpful. I have my mid-term end exams next Thursday, and even when I do study, I am always worried about the tests.

I also think being in a calm, quiet, cozy place can really helpful. And taking breaks between study sessions works miracles. I actually make a schedule every hear, so I know what to study and when. Begginning to study weeks before the exams also helps, because you don't have to study really hard over that period of time.

I'm being so serious, schedules are like the best thing ever when it comes to exam studying. I always get over 95 percent if I have a study schedule, and trust me, knowing your studying worked feels good.

Last edited by BlueParrot; 11-30-2012 at 10:00 AM..
Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
Webkinz :)

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

What I like to do is condense my notes by making a study sheet for each unit. Most courses either have units encompassing several chapters, or larger chapters that are divided into several sections.

Say one unit in a History class has 5 chapters in it. While you were studying that unit, you probably took a few pages of notes on each chapter, meaning you probably have 10-15 pages of notes right now for that unit.

I would take a piece of paper, write "Unit 1" at the top, and write down all of the important information from all five chapters on that sheet of paper. It may be necessary to start a second page, which is totally fine. You will know something is important if you remember it when you read it in your notes- that means it was something your teacher probably emphasized in class. Just write down the things you know were emphasized the most.

Do this for every unit/chapter in each class, and then when you are done, go back and highlight the things in your study guides that you still have trouble with. Switching your focus to another subject for a few days will give you ample time to forget anything that is not stuck in your head, and it will be easy to see what you still need to work on.
geros9 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

Oops, I forgot this one. Check and see if any of your text books have websites to go along with them. For instance, there's more information on my history textbook's website than in the actual book... and that's saying something because it's a two year textbook. Often times these websites will have chapter outlines, timelines, practice questions, etc... it's really helpful.
Closed

Tags
dftba, the hulk smashed here, think outside the [box], vanilla chai♥, you are beautiful!