Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

13nattjo has disabled reputation

Default Speech Topics

Well, I need some help.

In our public speaking class were going to be doing persuasive speeches, and I can't think of a topic I want to do.

So I was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas. It would be much appreciated. (:

~Natalee
13nattjo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
peachy is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Speech Topics

Persuasive... Well, is there anything at all that you feel very strongly about?
peachy is offline Female
Old 12-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Gifted

Jenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glitters
Jenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glittersJenny is all that glitters

Hmm... what are some topics that you might be interested it? What are some things that you have strong opinions about?
Jenny is offline Female
Old 12-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
peachy is an unknown quantity at this point

It's gotta be something you enjoy and something you have something to say about... I mean, you shouldn't talk about something you don't have any supporting details on.
peachy is offline Female
Old 12-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #5

wishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clown

It needs to do with you. For example, if you don't have recess, maybe argue about that. Or longer lunch. Something that you feel very strongly about.
wishgirl78 is offline Female
Old 12-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by wishgirl78
It needs to do with you. For example, if you don't have recess, maybe argue about that. Or longer lunch. Something that you feel very strongly about.
^^Yep-yep.

Think of a good topic, though. Most kids will probably be doing stuff like "WE NEED MORE RECESS" or "THE LUNCHES STINK"... does it have to be a persuasive speech about your school?

If not, think up some crazy topic. Like... *just giving you some inspiration here*

Why don't more people eat chicken? (for emphasis, dress up as a cow... unless you don't know what Chick Fil A is. )

More texting teens should use punctuation, grammar, and proper spelling. (... I'm just telling you what I'd do, okay? )

People should wear happier colors. (like, "it'd make more people happy... black is the color of mourning in America, therefore if everyone wears neutral, flat colors such as black, beige, and gray, then the brain has less reaction... etc. etc. etc.")

at least, that's what I'd do.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 12-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
Banned
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay

why putting carpets on top of carpets is really pointless.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Well, I like Chatterbox's idea.

But, you could do something about your school. Like why you need a team/class/club that you don't have, lunches, bullying policy, ect.
Or a political issue, but I'd only recommend that if it agrees with the majority opinion in your area, or you're in a older grade AND can defend yourself.
minimaid is offline Female
Old 12-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #9

peachypeaches is a creator of wonder
peachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonderpeachypeaches is a creator of wonder

View Post Originally Posted by chatterbox4eva39
Haha....there is a carpet on top of carpet right next to the chair I'm sitting in.

Anyway...you could try persuading people to believe something that isn't true. Or you can always fall back on a really obvious controversial topic.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
-Stay Strong-

Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by chatterbox4eva39
I read this and smiled

Absolutely true. I never understood why people do this.

Anyway, just pick some topics you feel strongly about and think should be changed. Maybe something to do with your school?
Jordan~ is offline Female
Closed

Tags
megan wuz here