Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #31
Webkinz :)

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

Default Re: Sort of afraid...

Safety of Airliners

Lucky5Me243 - It's totally normal to worry about a plane ride. But, I can assure you, you will be fine. For instance, according to PlaneCrashInfo.com and OAG Aviation, your odds of being on an airline flight which results in at least one fatality is 1 in 18.56 million, (if you are on one of the top 25 airliners with the best accident rates). And, according to the National Transportation Safety Board, airliners experience only 4 fatalities per MILLION flight hours.

9/11 and Security

After 9/11, there is so much advanced security taking place in airports now. There are so many regulations to keep YOU safe, such as amount of liquid allowed on the plane.

Ear Popping

Gum never works for me either. And, I used to have horrible trouble with my ears popping on a plane, due to allergies. I tried everything: yawning, chewing gum, eating, sleeping, and "popping my ears". None of those things worked for me. One flight, a flight attendant recommended a product called "Ear-planes" and now, I NEVER go on a plane without some. Ear Planes are two tiny things you stick in your ears that equalize the pressure. They are very comfortable, and feel like earbuds in your ears. The only problem with them is your ability to listen to music, but since you don't have an iPod, I don't see the problem. You leave them in for the duration of the flight, and you should not experience ANY trouble with your ears. They are pretty cheap, (anywhere from $4-10) and are found at almost all airliner "convenience stores". I HIGHLY recommend them.

Keeping Busy on the Plane

I don't know how long you flight will last, but I have found ways to keep busy on flights that were over 6 hours. Since you don't have an iPod, I would recommend playing on your DS, looking out the window, talking to your mom, drawing, writing, and day-dreaming. I would also recommend reading, but that sometimes makes me nauseous. Magazines are always a good occupier of time. I usually buy a bottle of water and a snack and eat those too. I can't sleep in airplanes for the life of me, but if you can, I highly recommend that as well. If you fly on Frontier, they have personal TVs - Those are SO NICE! Keep calm, read your safety regulations, and have a fun time thinking about Florida.

Window Seats vs. Aisle Seats

I also am fond of window seats, it's nice to see everything in the sky. One thing to keep mind, however, is that in the event of a crash, the people most likely to survive are people who read their instructions on safety, and passengers in the aisle seat.

Good Luck!

Good luck on the airliner - I am sure you will do GREAT! Just remember to keep calm, and have fun! You'll do great!

References

I used some information from planecrashinfo.com and TSA.gov. These are two great sites to check out! Also, you could say I am kinda a "Pro" when it comes to Airliners. I have flown in a LOT, all across the county. I flew on my first airliner when I was only 5. My father has been a pilot (non-commercial) for a LONG time, all my life + more, so flying is second nature to me. I have been flying in my father's various aircraft since I was 3, and have flown myself (as co-pilot) many times.

Last edited by IndyandLucky; 03-27-2010 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: added bigger fonts
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #32
hello people and

purplelove33 is cool as a bunny clownpurplelove33 is cool as a bunny clownpurplelove33 is cool as a bunny clownpurplelove33 is cool as a bunny clownpurplelove33 is cool as a bunny clownpurplelove33 is cool as a bunny clownpurplelove33 is cool as a bunny clownpurplelove33 is cool as a bunny clownpurplelove33 is cool as a bunny clown

i never been on a plane [and im too chicken to go on 1in the future either]
purplelove33 is offline Female
Old 03-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #33
Whoviancoffeelover

Fairmaidenbmt defies all odds
Fairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all odds

Chew some gum, Play word finds or sudco, close your eyes lean back and daydream or make up stories...I thikn they sometimes play movies on planes so you could watch those...
Fairmaidenbmt is offline Female
Closed

Tags
mockingjay