Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
broooke03
Gifted

tropicalstars will become famous soon enough

Default Something that happened to me recently... ***PLEASE BE CAREFUL ONLINE!!!***

I just thought I would share a story with you guys about something that happened to me about a month ago.

My stepbrother sent me a message about a month ago asking if I was on a playstation 3 forum. He was like, hey are you on [the forum link]? Because i ran across a picture of you and your cousin on there but they said it was krista and melissa. NOT brooke and lacy.

So I go there and apparently there's this person who is saying they are a "gamer girl" and they are pretty high and mighty on the forum. They are one of the top posters. They are using pictures OF ME and saying it is them.

I had the pictures removed when I sent a pic of myself holding a sign that said their username is a fake to the administrators. They did not believe me until I did that because they said that person had been on their forums for over a year. They had been STEALING my pictures for over a year. (The user is now banned from the site, btw).
They must have gotten them from my myspace, facebook, or my website that was around back then because some of them were old and had been deleted a while back.
So they had been saving my pictures for a WHILE.

As far as i'm concerned, it could be a girl who likes the way I look because she is ridiculously ugly, or some creepy 50 year old man with a fetish for gamer boys.... or just young people in general.

I got this resolved and actually got a lawyer to do some research into their online history (ip address stuff, etc) and get their information. (my boyfriend's mom's bf is a lawyer) lol.
So this is in the process of getting resolved. Identity theft is illegal, even if it is just taking someone's pictures and saying you're them.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this story with you guys to show you that this can happen to anyone! (I'm a young adult *EDITED* and I still have to be careful!)
Please don't share too much personal information on the internet. Let's keep WI safe!

Last edited by fairlyoddmom; 02-03-2008 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: Sorry, we don't allow for ages to be posted by kids or adults. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
orangecoloredsky11
Webkinz :)

joejonasrocks is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Something that happened to me recently... ***PLEASE BE CAREFUL ONLINE!!!***

OMG how did they get pics of u?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
2222r
Gifted

2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Something that happened to me recently... ***PLEASE BE CAREFUL ONLINE!!!***

They're not nice peeps.
2222r is offline Female
Old 02-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #4
broooke03
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by joejonasrocks
OMG how did they get pics of u?
Well I used to have a photo gallery on my website, I post on many forums, I have myspace and facebook. There were tons of ways for them to get the pictures. They had just been saving them for a while.

---------- tropicalstars added 13 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by 2222r
They're not nice peeps.
Nope, not at all; and the scariest part is they could be anyone!

Last edited by tropicalstars; 02-03-2008 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
Pugsymugsy222
Gifted

Pugsymugsy222 is a name known to allPugsymugsy222 is a name known to allPugsymugsy222 is a name known to allPugsymugsy222 is a name known to all

That is bad, I will rememer that!
Pugsymugsy222 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #6
Gifted

jitterbug100 is a glorious beacon of lightjitterbug100 is a glorious beacon of lightjitterbug100 is a glorious beacon of light

Okay!!! Sorry...
jitterbug100 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
broooke03
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by jitterbug100
Okay!!! Sorry...
No problem, I'm just letting you all know what happened to me so you can keep it from happening to you! It's pretty scary
Old 02-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
d a r l i n g;]
Gifted

webkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... I am kinda scared...
webkinzrules4ever is offline Female
Old 02-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
broooke03
Gifted

Oh I know! But it's being taken care of. We found out who the person is... someone in canada.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
um... I forgot?
Gifted

kermitfan93 is a jewel in the roughkermitfan93 is a jewel in the rough

That is scary. Im not allowed to have myspace for that reason!!! I've never had it before, and mom doesn't want me too.
Closed