Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default -Slow Down-

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share something with you:

“. . . it seemed like time went slower back then, because there was less to do, and we weren’t frantic or busy all of the time.”

My grandma told that to me in a book she gave me for her grandchild.

Nowadays, it seems like everyone is continually doing something, whether it’s homework, playing video games, or messing around on the computer. We all need a breather sometimes, take a break from the hectic circles of life.

I just want to say, it’s a good idea to slow down and take a look around you. Break away from the treadmill you run every day and just watch life happen. It’s a beautiful world, so take time to notice it!

~Lu
gimmeabook is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
#merome
Webkinz :)

bunny90210 is an unparalleled talent
bunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: -Slow Down-

its true unfortunatly. people can never stop and smell the roses
i do all the time

great thread!
bunny90210 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Very true. At lunch today, my band was cancelled, so I finally had time to slow down and just sit outside with my friends, talking and enjoying the beautiful weather

Nice thread!
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Gifted

Craftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyond
Craftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyond

Yes! I do this all the time. It's good to relax, you know? (:
But sometimes I'm happiest when I'm busy.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Is Fall blowing in??

SugarBug is cool as a bunny clownSugarBug is cool as a bunny clownSugarBug is cool as a bunny clownSugarBug is cool as a bunny clownSugarBug is cool as a bunny clownSugarBug is cool as a bunny clownSugarBug is cool as a bunny clownSugarBug is cool as a bunny clownSugarBug is cool as a bunny clown

I so agree with you... And it is a nice reminded to let people know that we should take time and slow down! We don't want the world to pass us by.
SugarBug is offline Female
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

Yes, I love to relax I've been doing loads of cleaning today so I really need a breather.
889wlry is offline Female
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Agreed.
Nowadays, people are always busy doing something.
School, Sports, Chores, Jobs, Homework, Studying, running errands, etc.
It's IMPORTANT to take a break sometimes.
Just to take a break from business. Lay down, take a nap, read a book, take a bubblebath, get a facial or massage. Just something to take a break and relax. Not only does it feel good, but it's good for you to take a break and lower your blood pressure.
I know some people who actually have to 'schedule' taking a break, just because they ARE so busy. They have calendars, and once a week or month or whatever, they'll schedule 'Rela***ion time'. Hey, whatever it takes. If you actually have to schedule taking a break, do it if it works.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 03-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #8

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicness

Oh, I love this thread! I'm a firm believer in having a quiet, down-time every day to just think in silence. It seems like people can't even have silence anymore either. I really didn't want to be one of those moms that overscheduled my kids in things. I feel really strongly that kids, as well as adults, would do better to slow down, don't sign up for every single thing, don't be afraid to say no, and just take time to breathe.
Desty is offline Female
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

View Post Originally Posted by SugarBug
I so agree with you... And it is a nice reminded to let people know that we should take time and slow down! We don't want the world to pass us by.
Yes, absolutely! There's so much happening in this world, this beautiful world, and we don't want it to pass us by!

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
Agreed.
Nowadays, people are always busy doing something.
School, Sports, Chores, Jobs, Homework, Studying, running errands, etc.
It's IMPORTANT to take a break sometimes.
Just to take a break from business. Lay down, take a nap, read a book, take a bubblebath, get a facial or massage. Just something to take a break and relax. Not only does it feel good, but it's good for you to take a break and lower your blood pressure.
I know some people who actually have to 'schedule' taking a break, just because they ARE so busy. They have calendars, and once a week or month or whatever, they'll schedule 'Rela***ion time'. Hey, whatever it takes. If you actually have to schedule taking a break, do it if it works.
Yep, exactly. I know some people with incredibly busy schedules, and it's true. They do have to schedule time for it.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Oh, I love this thread! I'm a firm believer in having a quiet, down-time every day to just think in silence. It seems like people can't even have silence anymore either. I really didn't want to be one of those moms that overscheduled my kids in things. I feel really strongly that kids, as well as adults, would do better to slow down, don't sign up for every single thing, don't be afraid to say no, and just take time to breathe.
Thank you Desty. You always know how to say everything perfectly!
gimmeabook is offline Female
Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #10

Penny Lane is a genius through and through
Penny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and through

This is actually a pretty good thread.
Closed

Tags
dudeeee kesha wuz here!, goo goo g'joob, jellydonut!