Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Open Mike (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/open-mike-164/)
-   -   Should i read The Hunger Games? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/open-mike-164/should-i-read-hunger-games-657281/)

Mcutieface10-02-2010 10:22 AM

Should i read The Hunger Games?

Hello everybody.
I am currently debating on reading The Hunger Games Trilogy.
It seems and looks very good and interesting, but i want to know what you guys think. ;)
If you have read the book, here are my questions to you:
What is the story about?
Is it good, bad, interesting?
Is it one of those books that you just can't put down after you start?

I can't wait to see all of your replies.
:)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2mdnvrn.jpg

Lolo1210-02-2010 10:55 AM

Re: Should i read The Hunger Games?

I say read them for sure! I read the first one in less than 24 hours. (Resulting in my finish at 1:30. xD)

The story is about a 17-year-old girl named Katniss, and her being put into this thing called the Hunger Games, which is a fight to the death against 23 other kids, and a survival story. There is also a lot of romance between her and one of the other kids in the arena where the Hunger Games take place.

It is very good, and definitely interesting.

Yes, it is absolutely one of the books you can't stop reading. Especially the first one.

Hope I helped. :)

lilduckey9910-02-2010 11:04 AM

It looks pretty good, I want to read it but the request list is really long at the library :-\

peachypeaches10-02-2010 12:09 PM

I think you should! The story is about a dystopian society whose rich capital annually holds the "Hunger Games," where 24 tributes (teenagers from the poor districts, one boy and one girl from each) are put in an arena to fight to the death. It's a televised event that everyone is forced to watch, and Katniss (the narrator) is one of the tributes. The first book is mainly about survival and her experience in the arena, with a little bit of romance. It is very good and very interesting, and I'd say the first book is really hard to put down, and the other two have a few parts that aren't as fun to read, but they are also hard to stop reading once you've started.

KittyKat275010-02-2010 12:32 PM

yes(:
i'm reading it right now!

Jenny10-02-2010 12:49 PM

You should definately read it. When i first started reading it i stayed up til 4 am just to finish it.
As others have said its pretty much a survival/romance book. The first book is very hard to put down once you start reading.

ais174410-02-2010 12:52 PM

What is the story about? Umm. It's rather hard to summarize, but Lolo12 and peachypeaches did a pretty good job explaining it. (x
Is it good, bad, interesting? Really good.
Is it one of those books that you just can't put down after you start? Most definitely.

ChiChi610-02-2010 02:23 PM

THE HUNGER GAMES IS AMAZING!!!
It seriously is, when I bought the first book I couldn't put it down, but my mom had to pry the book out of my hands so I could go to sleep. I finished it in 2 days and felt pretty good at that accomplishment :]
The story is about a 16 year old girl (in the first book, she turns 17 in the second), Katniss Everdeen from the nation of Panem. Panem lies in the ruins of North America years from now (Suzanne Collins says it's like 3 digit years from now). Panem is made up of a shining rich Captiol located in the west coast with 12 poorer districts surrounding it. Katniss lives in District 12, the poorest of the districts in the east coast. Each year the Capitol holds its annual Hunger Games as punishment for the districts because of a rebellion they had years ago against the Capitol. One boy and girl between the ages of 12-18 from each district must fight to the death.
When Katniss volunteers for the Hunger Games instead of her younger sister, Prim, she enters the bloody arena with 23 other tributes. She has no problem killing the 22 to win, but one tribute she can't kill. Her district mate Peeta Mellark, who's madly in love with her.

It's probably the most interesting idea ever and probably the best romance story after Romeo and Juliet. It's basically romance and survival and I could definitely not put it down... :D

Kinz Crazy10-02-2010 03:31 PM

I say go for it. I've never even heard of The Hunger Games until now :P

AuslynHip2410-02-2010 03:52 PM

Hey Marissa, I am reading it right now! Im only on page like... 3, but i find it good already! You should read it with me!