Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #21
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Self Esteem Problems =(

View Post Originally Posted by peacemom
Hi ya First, let me say how sorry I am for what you have gone through and how proud I am that you are determined to make a change.

The most important thing I can say is that NO ONE can hurt you if you DO NOT allow it. Do not give any one that kind of power over you. Bullies choose people they know they can get reactions from. Otherwise why bother.
You not only have to put on a brave face, you must BE brave and believe in yourself.

Another critical thing is to involve the school. I know kids hate to do this. Yes, the bullies may corner you and say to keep quiet, ignore that and push forward. the principal and guidance counselors are there to protect all students.

Your parents may have to stay on top of them and insist that things change. If they should start in on you again in the new school year. Keep a record of each event and any students who may have witnessed it.

I am speaking not only as a mom, but as a teacher. Hopefully, these immature kids will have matured over the summer. Remember also, that most bullies are insecure themselves. they need to knock others to build themselves up. Unfortunately, other kids go along with them because they do not want to be the victim themselves.

If you would not judge others based on the way they look, or do things, why do you accept the negative things others say about you? Think about it and truly accept that these people do not know you and therefore can not possibly judge you.

Pm or Vm any time if you need a boost. You are never alone, remember that.

Be sure to keep your parents or what ever adult cares for you in the know about all of this. Best of luck
Thank you
My brother told me to do that (a little late in the year) but next year I'm going to keep a count of what they do. The friend I was close too that was also going through a tough time was bullied by them as well, for her weight. She's perfectly normal, but she started to become an anorexic. I kept threatening to tell a teacher if she didn't start eating, she got all made at me and now half the time she hates me for no reason. The teacher finally caught on to what the guys were doing, and (I wasn't there) and I believe they got in huge trouble.

View Post Originally Posted by funny12321
I've never been bullied, but this is going to be my cause in life <3

Well here is some advice I posted on another thread
"If you want to improve your confidence, look at yourself in the mirror. Find the places in yourself that you don't like. Once you do that recognize that you aren't perfect. But you are beautiful. Repeat that. And look at yourself as a whole, not just in parts. Now find the parts of yourself that you love. Tell yourself you are beautiful (if your confidence is really low, say it out loud. You might think it's stupid but it really makes a difference) Do this EVERY morning." You ARE beautiful. and you ARE funny. You almost sound like me a few years ago :T

For your situation: Delete your facebook. Delete anything they attack you over. If they text/call you, change phone numbers. You must tell someone even though it is so hard. Also, I would ask your guy friend why they really don't like you. If they think something that's a lie, maybe you could try and disprove it. But of course I wouldn't do that yourself. I would find a friend to do it for you.
Also, find something that makes you happy. If it's a sport, do it! If it's music, listen to more!
If it gets bad enough, ask your parents if you can switch schools.

If you ever want to talk, VM me, I'm always around.

Remember: Happiness and confidence start from inside of you <3
Thank you I'm planning to delete my facebook soon.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #22
Webkinz :)

ReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guide

I have the same self-esteem problem. My own friends were being mean to me just because my hair was blonde, calling me "stupid" and using other insults. I've been having a low self-esteem. Also, I have a very low amount of confidence in myself. I'm a figure skater and the only things that run through my mind are "I can't do this" or "I can't do that" or "That was terrible."
You're not alone.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
Goofball
Gift Guru

volleyuup is sweet stuff
volleyuup is sweet stuffvolleyuup is sweet stuffvolleyuup is sweet stuffvolleyuup is sweet stuffvolleyuup is sweet stuffvolleyuup is sweet stuff

Hi Amy!

I was bullied for 5 years severely and I know how much it hurts.

Here is what I would suggest to build your self esteem:

- Listen to songs about overcoming things such as "The Climb" or "Skyscraper". They'll make you feel more in control of your situation. Any type of music really helps though.

- DON'T have any contact with the bullies. Cut them off. Don't talk to them. Just throw them into your past and forget about them.

- If the bullies give you trouble, remember to say this in your head once and then say aloud to them:

"HEY! I'm AWESOME! I am a great person, inside and out. And obviously you're wasting your time picking on me. I'm invincible and you'll never be able to make my life terrible. I'm happy to be me so y'all can just turn around now."

They will walk away. Really.

I hope these tips help you in some sort of way. I wish you luck.
volleyuup is offline Female
Old 07-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #24
ould you?
Gift Guru

Thank you, guyss =')
Old 07-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #25
Hanfan1

FlowerBabiee09 is a forum hero
FlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum hero

I'm SO sorry this is happening to you The best thing to do is ignore them One time a guy said to me "Your bottom teeth are really crocked" and I said"Well,maybe I'm just too cool to care" When,it comes to things like that,I just try to be the bigger person. I'm really big on self esteem and confidence. My friends say that sometimes when they are feeling down(about their appearance) I really help them (not trying to brag at all) If you ever want to VM me and talk,please do
FlowerBabiee09 is offline Female
Old 07-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #26

RachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guide

Go look at my thread I need friendship advice and see what I have been through this year.

I have been bullied my whole life about having a patch, about having glasses, about my teeth, etc. Really stupid stuff right. I have a lazy eye so I had to wear a patch over my eye until 3rd grade. I didn't have a choice, but I hated wearing that thing because of the mean people. And then there came a time when I just stopped caring what they thought and started just believing in myself and eventually they stopped bothering me. I stopped showing them that it hurt and they believed they couldn't touch me anymore so they were done. That is what you need to do Amy.
RachaelC10/20 is offline Female
Old 07-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #27
ould you?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by RachaelC10/20
Go look at my thread I need friendship advice and see what I have been through this year.

I have been bullied my whole life about having a patch, about having glasses, about my teeth, etc. Really stupid stuff right. I have a lazy eye so I had to wear a patch over my eye until 3rd grade. I didn't have a choice, but I hated wearing that thing because of the mean people. And then there came a time when I just stopped caring what they thought and started just believing in myself and eventually they stopped bothering me. I stopped showing them that it hurt and they believed they couldn't touch me anymore so they were done. That is what you need to do Amy.
Thank you =)

Guys, you have no idea how much your support means to me.
Closed