Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
olf Shaped Bullet
Webkinz :)

beaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the rep
beaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the repbeaglelover10 invented the rep

Default recommendations, please

Today I realized that I have great to-read and to-listen-to lists and I'm very comfortable with them. But I only have one show I plan on watching and I kind of miss blowing through television? Anyway, so, if anyone has any shows to recommend, that would be wonderful.

I love those sort of alternate universe/sci fi/fantasy shows and semi-horror/crime dramas like Being Human (US and UK), Torchwood, Once Upon a Time (and in Wonderland), The X-Files, Supernatural, Castle, Elementary. I've also been known to enjoy the occasional period drama such as BBC Robin Hood and Ripper Street; also cheesy comedy such as Glee and Modern Family. Anything along those lines, please and thank.
beaglelover10 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #2

True2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicnessTrue2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicness
True2MyWord1 is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: recommendations, please

1. Smash - not on air anymore, but you can find it sonewhere
2. About a Boy
3. Suits
4. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Hope you like
True2MyWord1 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #3
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Have you tried Doctor Who?
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 05-29-2014, 04:24 AM   #4

Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!
Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!

Law and Order: SVU
Suits

Some corny shows that are kinda my guilty pleasures:

Suite Life of Zack and Cody
Life with Derek
The Drew Carey Show

Also, Whose Line is it Anyway is a great show for a good laugh.
Metaphor is offline Female
Old 05-29-2014, 08:09 AM   #5
Gifted

WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness
WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin off Angel are really really good and go right along with the sort of weird sci-fi/fantasy thing
I've never personally watched it, but my brother tells me a lot about Fringe and it sounds like it would fit into that category too
The Office is probably my favorite lighter, comedy show but idk u probably know of that already
oh also Psych is a really good mix of crime drama and humor you might like that ?
WackyZingoz211 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #6

MiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellence
MiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellence

Dead Like Me fits the comedy/crime/drama categories

You can rent it from Netflix but they took it off streaming last year. )':
Old 05-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #7

peachypeaches defies all odds
peachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all odds

For comedy, I like Community and Scrubs and let me remind you of Gilmore Girls, because Gilmore Girls is always great.
You might also like Veronica Mars and Broadchurch.
And I watch a lot of PBS on Sunday nights...some crime drama/mystery are Inspector Lewis, Endeavour, Foyle's War, and on June 15 and 22, David Tennant will be in "The Escape Artist" on Masterpiece Mystery. Period dramas include Call the Midwife (which might sound weird but is actually very good) and Downton Abbey.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
Gift Guru

doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.
doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.doggierule is #1 to the fourth.

For comedy (and espionage) I would recommend Chuck.
Also I would recommend Lost. It's a show that's hard to categorize, but it has some sci-fi elements, and definitely at times make you feel like the castaways are trapped in an alternate universe.
If you love great characters, I think you would like Chuck and Lost.
doggierule is offline Female
Old 05-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #9

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

I've got quite the list of shows to watch myself. Since you've seen most of the same ones I have (plus a few additional ones), all I can really think of are some of the ones on my to-watch list.

Numb3rs - it's a crime drama about two brothers, one is in the FBI and the other is a mathematician who starts to help his brother solve crimes using math/logic (I've watched two episodes of this so far, it's quite good)
Broadchurch - it's on my to-watch list, as far as I can tell it's a murder mystery but it's British and I like some of the actors in it (they just made/are in the process of finishing an American remake called Gracepoint)
Leverage - okay, I've seen this so it's not on my to-watch list. It's another crime drama (I like sci-fi more, but you've seen all of those shows I would recommend) and the concept is sort of like a modern-day Robin Hood. Basically there's this team of former criminals that have reformed and set up a company called Leverage, where they are hired by people who have been wronged by the law/government/other businesses in some way and set whatever the problem is right, usually by illegal means such as breaking into some high-security building and all that other exciting stuff. It really is a good show, though.

I just thought of something- did you ever get around to watching Merlin? I'm almost done the show (it's five seasons) and it's also very good. It's more of a family show, but it's still good.

EDIT - Just started watching Broadchurch last night and it's really good so far. It's a murder mystery pertaining to the murder of an eleven-year-old boy set in a beachside town called Broadchurch. It's one series with eight 45-minute episodes, all dedicated to solving that one mystery.

Last edited by dragonkid07; 05-30-2014 at 03:56 PM..
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #10

hugged has disabled reputation

^^^
broadchurch is super good

anyway,
resurrection (sci-fi)
almost human (sci-fi crime)
brooklyn 99 (comedy)
game of thrones (fantasy but lol don't let ur parents catch u watching it)
the mentalist (crime)

i watch a lot of tv but these seem to fit ur criteria
hugged is offline Female
Closed

Tags
be true!, dftba, jude was here, like a row of dominoes, the hulk smashed here, this is my design