Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 08:05 AM   #11
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: A really big no-no **PLEASE NO PERSONAL INFORMATION**

[QUOTE=sparkledog;201660]yes- i find that very unfair! a moderator was telling that she was from georgia! thats what i put too. only the state! this is unfair and if you do not talk to your moderators about this, i will be alerting ww. im really really not trying to be rude but that is super double standard.

Please review the rules of the forum. The rules are there for everyone's protection and safety.
mom2tc is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #12
xgoodtimes1994x
Gift Guru

xgoodtimes1994x is just really nicexgoodtimes1994x is just really nice

thanks for making this thread larkrose!! i have been seeing many people posting their personal information on here!! we have to always remember to make WI a safe, happy place!!
xgoodtimes1994x is offline Female
Old 06-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #13
molyfur
Webkinz :)

sevenwhiskers will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by fluffums
Why can't we put the month we were born in? I didn't even put the year or date or anything. I just said the month, and season. (The season I was born in was also deleted.) I don't think saying what season you were born in is giving out 'too much personal information.' You let adults (if they say they're adults, at least) put the month they were born in, why not people who aren't adults? It's no safer for them than it is for us. There were thousands and thousands of people born in each month.
i agree with this - a month or season, or a basic age/grade doesn't "identify" anyone (or a basic province/state/country) -- giving out a fullname, address, phone number, that does and nobody should give that out on a public forum.. i wouldn't, nor would i allow my stepdaughter to do that....but if she were to say she was ten years old, or basic non-identifying info, i'm fine with that...

and fluffums, they edited mine and i'm not a kid - well okay, maybe at heart.. hence my love for webkinz
Old 06-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #14
Fluffbunny
Gifted

fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine
fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by sevenwhiskers
i agree with this - a month or season, or a basic age/grade doesn't "identify" anyone (or a basic province/state/country) -- giving out a fullname, address, phone number, that does and nobody should give that out on a public forum.. i wouldn't, nor would i allow my stepdaughter to do that....but if she were to say she was ten years old, or basic non-identifying info, i'm fine with that...

and fluffums, they edited mine and i'm not a kid - well okay, maybe at heart.. hence my love for webkinz
I've seen some topics where they went and edited almost everyone's post who said their age in it, except for a couple people who said they were 32 or 40.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #15
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

It's not just about identifying kids, it's about targeting. Unfortunately, kids of certain ages may be targets for cyberstalkers. Also, some of this has to do with the law. If you are under 13, we cannot have you posting ANY of your personal info. We mods are discussing this and will try to be very consistent in the future.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #16
Pupspawz

Thanks for posting that!!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #17
Gifted

webkinzlvr29 is a jewel in the roughwebkinzlvr29 is a jewel in the rough

I don't think I've ever posted any personal information, so I'll be sure to keep that up. thanks, mods. You guys are the cooliest.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #18
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

I accedently put someone's name in! Sorry! It was before I read this. I will NEVER do that again!
katiepup is offline Female
Old 06-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #19
sourpatch900
Gifted

sourpatch900 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by larkrose
Ok, sourpatch900, a really big reminder:

Do not post personal info. At all. Not your names, not other people's names, not your hometowns, not your ages, not your school grade. Don't do it. It's an infraction of the rules, and it's just not safe.

Got it. Won't say anything

Last edited by sourpatch900; 06-12-2007 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-13-2007, 12:38 AM   #20
JenniferKiara
Gifted

Jennifer is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: A really big no-no

View Post Originally Posted by jman2003
I understand I know all about that saftey thing i might know more than you think a internet saftey manager came to my dads office and i came i got to miss school he said when you use a credit card (Moderators listen to this because you are adults) watch the person because if they wave it over a little black box cancel your credit card immediantly because that box reads credit card codes and sends them to the russian mafia! Hope this helps!
Not necessarily. Some cards such as VISA have rules against this and won't tend to hold you accountable for purchases you haven't made. I'm not sure about all credit cards, but the ones I've got are like this. Most of the CC machines are black anyways, it's hard to tell. However, there is a risk in certain countries over others, and places like street vendors should be watched. Anyone can steal your info if they really wanted to, though!

This is more on-topic. In accordance with COPPA, children under 13 are protected and cannot give any information without parental consent. More information can be found by googling it.

If it makes some of you feel better, I'm an adult and my posts still got edited, so it's not really like they're removing just the young peoples' information.
Closed

Tags
cheezeiful!, clublab30 gotz a tag!, duquaine11 was here, follow the rules!, hey you, hey! it's bob!, hhaaaaayyyy whats up., i am obeying now! yay, i will obey!, i will obey..., i won't do it, kazunefan365 was here!, kevinelevin was here!, lol, mweor webkinz wi, neversaynever<3, ottercute was here, paco the taco!, please follow the rules!, robolo101 was here, sarah21 was here:), yea i got a tag!