Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
мɑɾყツ
Webkinz :)

Dancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Questions about make up &or hair? I can help(:

Click the image to open in full size.

I can help you with makeup, hairstyles, hair products, nails, skincare, girl problems, boys, really anything that has to do with being a girl.

I'm just a comment or PM away!

Okay, so basically I wanted to create this because I know there are a lot of girls out there that need help with this, and i would really like to help. When I was younger, i didn't like talking to my mom about this stuff, so i kinda avoided it...and was clueless about it all. LOL!

But then when I started watching youtube videos on make up gurus and hair tutorials, i really learned a lot, and it's great! i love answering questions about fashion, make up, acne, hair, skin, advice, girl stuff you know? so if you have a question or would like to talk about anything, comment here or PM me. I'll answer all of them!

If you have a more private question you don't want to share with anyone else, PM me (: I won't tell anyone, I promise(:

I hope this helps a lot of young girls gain confidence and knowledge about the wonders of being a girl♥

&+ Also, you don't have to be embarrassed to tell me anything! Because 98% of the problems you girls are having, I've probably already been through. (:

Thankyou everyone for all the nice comments/PMs/and reps you all have given me(:

*note; i don't know everything, so i may be stumped sometimes(: i'm just a girl with a love for all things beauty. if you don't like or agree with my advice, please keep the hate to yourself, thanks(:
i am not by any means a professional or being sponsored or am affiliated with by any of the companies/brands mentioned.

Last edited by Dancefeveroxox; 12-03-2011 at 12:15 PM..
Dancefeveroxox is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
hat happened to love

funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Questions about make up &or hair? I can help(:

Ok I was wondering, what do you think is a good makeup brand?
funny12321 is offline Female
Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Is it worth it?

girleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wonder

How do I keep my hair dye color in and keep my hair's natural softness? I went to my hairdresser yesterday and got red highlights but they aren't so bright and I'm worried they will fade. Any natural remedies I can use to keep it. She also used an amazing shampoo that made my hair really soft. Any products and natural remedies you recommend for soft hair?
girleygirl495 is offline Female
Old 08-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
мɑɾყツ

Dancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by funny12321
Ok I was wondering, what do you think is a good makeup brand?
Okay, well for drugstore I would go with L'Oreal. It's the 'higher end' drugstore make up. It's a tad bit more expensive than the rest of the drugstore products, but I say it's worth it. Their mascaras and eyeliners are amazing♥

And for high end, I would say MAC. It's pretty expensive, but again worth it. The eyeshadows, paint pots, and powders are really great!

View Post Originally Posted by girleygirl495
How do I keep my hair dye color in and keep my hair's natural softness? I went to my hairdresser yesterday and got red highlights but they aren't so bright and I'm worried they will fade. Any natural remedies I can use to keep it. She also used an amazing shampoo that made my hair really soft. Any products and natural remedies you recommend for soft hair?
Natural remedies; EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL! It works!

o1; So first get a cup of the olive oil, then put in in the microwave. Make it warm...not hot. If you can stick your finger in it for 5 seconds with out burning then it's good.

o2; Make sure your hair is DRY, then dip your hair in the cup. (dont get the roots...it'll just make them greasy)

o3; Comb your hair with the olive oil in it (still have your hair in the cup while combing) try to use all of the olive oil up.

o4; Once you're satisfied, take your hair out and put it in a shower cap.

o5; Go in the shower and wash yourself and whatnot for 5 minutes. Once that's up, take your hair out of the shower cap and shampoo.

o6; It may take a while for the olive oil to be completely out...but you want it ALLLL out.

o7; you really don't need a conditioner after shampooing, but if you would like just add a bit to the ends than rinse.

VWA LAAAAAAAAAA. you has soft hair now. (:

Products;
Fekkai Conditioner/Shampoo/Glossing Cream. Oh this stuff is great! It even has olive oil in it!

Aveda Conditioner/Shampoo. This is what they use at my hair salon and it smells great and smooths me hair!

(:
Old 08-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Is it worth it?

girleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wondergirleygirl495 wows us all with wonder

Great Idea! I heard about the olive oil thing on the Doctors Show but I didn't think about trying it. Now I will later tonight before I shower [:

View Post Originally Posted by Dancefeveroxox

Natural remedies; EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL! It works!

o1; So first get a cup of the olive oil, then put in in the microwave. Make it warm...not hot. If you can stick your finger in it for 5 seconds with out burning then it's good.

o2; Make sure your hair is DRY, then dip your hair in the cup. (dont get the roots...it'll just make them greasy)

o3; Comb your hair with the olive oil in it (still have your hair in the cup while combing) try to use all of the olive oil up.

o4; Once you're satisfied, take your hair out and put it in a shower cap.

o5; Go in the shower and wash yourself and whatnot for 5 minutes. Once that's up, take your hair out of the shower cap and shampoo.

o6; It may take a while for the olive oil to be completely out...but you want it ALLLL out.

o7; you really don't need a conditioner after shampooing, but if you would like just add a bit to the ends than rinse.

VWA LAAAAAAAAAA. you has soft hair now. (:

Products;
Fekkai Conditioner/Shampoo/Glossing Cream. Oh this stuff is great! It even has olive oil in it!

Aveda Conditioner/Shampoo. This is what they use at my hair salon and it smells great and smooths me hair!

(:
Old 08-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Ooh, I love trying to find new ideas on hair stuff. I'm bad at doing hair, so I usually just end up straightening it every day.
So, let's see....

1. Is it hard to scrunch your hair? I've always wanted to try, but we never have hair gel around, so I can never try it. I think it'd look cute for me to have scrunched hair. But the only problem is, a lot of times when I see people with scrunched hair, it makes their hair look wet & greasy, which I don't want. Also, if I wanted to have it scrunched for school, would that mean I'd have to shower and do it in the morning? (Versus showering the night before and doing it)
2. Side Pony Tails; I can never make them look right. Whenever I try to do them, my hair sticks like straight out, and it looks like a side pony tail from the 80's. I just want to be able to do a sleek side pony.
3. What do you think about crimping hair? I've always loved when I braid my hair, and the next day when I take the braids out and have crimped hair. I was thinking about maybe asking for a crimper for my birthday. But the thing is, I want them to be like, kinda wavy-ish? I don't want them to be like, really... zig-zaggy? lol, sorry, I don't know how to explain it.
Like, I do NOT want them to look like this:
So would all crimpers make them like that? Most of the crimpers I've seen have like, wider sections, so I don't think it'd make them that small and stuff.
But I also know that crimping kinda went out a couple years ago, so I'm not sure if I'd want to do it or not...
4. Any other easy, quick hairstyles I can do for school?
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 08-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
мɑɾყツ

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
Ooh, I love trying to find new ideas on hair stuff. I'm bad at doing hair, so I usually just end up straightening it every day.
So, let's see....

1. Is it hard to scrunch your hair? I've always wanted to try, but we never have hair gel around, so I can never try it. I think it'd look cute for me to have scrunched hair. But the only problem is, a lot of times when I see people with scrunched hair, it makes their hair look wet & greasy, which I don't want. Also, if I wanted to have it scrunched for school, would that mean I'd have to shower and do it in the morning? (Versus showering the night before and doing it)
2. Side Pony Tails; I can never make them look right. Whenever I try to do them, my hair sticks like straight out, and it looks like a side pony tail from the 80's. I just want to be able to do a sleek side pony.
3. What do you think about crimping hair? I've always loved when I braid my hair, and the next day when I take the braids out and have crimped hair. I was thinking about maybe asking for a crimper for my birthday. But the thing is, I want them to be like, kinda wavy-ish? I don't want them to be like, really... zig-zaggy? lol, sorry, I don't know how to explain it.
So would all crimpers make them like that? Most of the crimpers I've seen have like, wider sections, so I don't think it'd make them that small and stuff.
But I also know that crimping kinda went out a couple years ago, so I'm not sure if I'd want to do it or not...
(:

O1; srunching; it's not hard at all! easy! easy! easy!!!!!!! haha, i lovee to scrunch mine. It gives me a nice beachy wave kinda messy look && i love it! don't use gel! use a serum. i good serum is John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum. It's great for scrunching. And it depends, if you do it the night before, the waves with loosen while sleeping and be less wavy in the morning. But if you do it in the morning, it'll be the same. You can also just take a shower at night and then get up and wet it in the morning(: that's what i do! (watch Juicystar07 on youtubes video on how to scrunch hair hard!)

O2; side ponys; I don't wear anything else! haha, whenever i put my hair in a pony tail, it always ends up at the side because 2 years ago i put it like that all the time now it just naturally falls like it. When it sticks out, it's because of your hair layers. To help fix this, try using hair spray to spray those fly-away sticky-outty things down, or try a pomade. I loooveee the Garnier Fructis Pomede! It works great!

O3; Crimps; I think it works for some people, others not. Haha, I'm not one of them But, if the right person's wearing them, they look totally fabulous. And no, not all crimpers would do that!...haha barely any would! hahaha. There are different sized crimpers, so try and find the biggest one you can and if you hold it on the hair longer, it'll be more crimpy, if you hold it there for not so long, it'll be more wavy(:

O4; hairstyles; ahh(: great question! so far, we have Scrunched, side pony, and crimps.
-messy buns! these look stunning on almost everyone and are SOOO easy and quick!

- half up/ half down! curly/straight/wavy/crimpy/ messy/ this works for all hair types!

-french braid! oh what a classic. it's simple. it's clean. it's classy.

-french fishtale! i just learned how to do this! it's so bohemian and great and cute! love!

-natural! this is always an opintion! don't put anything in it or do anything to your hair..natural beauty babe!

-three braids in a braid! haha just take three sections and braid em...then braid those. it looks soooooooooooo cool!

-curly side pony! this is always so adorable on everyone! so cute!

- messy! it's adorable, if it doesn't look like you're homeless...hahaha(:
Old 08-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Dancefeveroxox
(:

O1; srunching; it's not hard at all! easy! easy! easy!!!!!!! haha, i lovee to scrunch mine. It gives me a nice beachy wave kinda messy look && i love it! don't use gel! use a serum. i good serum is John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum. It's great for scrunching. And it depends, if you do it the night before, the waves with loosen while sleeping and be less wavy in the morning. But if you do it in the morning, it'll be the same. You can also just take a shower at night and then get up and wet it in the morning(: that's what i do! (watch Juicystar07 on youtubes video on how to scrunch hair hard!)

O2; side ponys; I don't wear anything else! haha, whenever i put my hair in a pony tail, it always ends up at the side because 2 years ago i put it like that all the time now it just naturally falls like it. When it sticks out, it's because of your hair layers. To help fix this, try using hair spray to spray those fly-away sticky-outty things down, or try a pomade. I loooveee the Garnier Fructis Pomede! It works great!

O3; Crimps; I think it works for some people, others not. Haha, I'm not one of them But, if the right person's wearing them, they look totally fabulous. And no, not all crimpers would do that!...haha barely any would! hahaha. There are different sized crimpers, so try and find the biggest one you can and if you hold it on the hair longer, it'll be more crimpy, if you hold it there for not so long, it'll be more wavy(:

O4; hairstyles; ahh(: great question! so far, we have Scrunched, side pony, and crimps.
-messy buns! these look stunning on almost everyone and are SOOO easy and quick!

- half up/ half down! curly/straight/wavy/crimpy/ messy/ this works for all hair types!

-french braid! oh what a classic. it's simple. it's clean. it's classy.

-french fishtale! i just learned how to do this! it's so bohemian and great and cute! love!

-natural! this is always an opintion! don't put anything in it or do anything to your hair..natural beauty babe!

-three braids in a braid! haha just take three sections and braid em...then braid those. it looks soooooooooooo cool!

-curly side pony! this is always so adorable on everyone! so cute!

- messy! it's adorable, if it doesn't look like you're homeless...hahaha(:
-Oh, yeah, I wear my hair half up/half down a lot.
-French Braid-I LOVE french braids, but I've never been able to do them.
-Oh, I did a Curly Side Pony one time, it was SOO cute! I loved it.
But my hair is kinda short, and layered, so I always have a hard time keeping it to stay in place without all the hair falling out of place, without having to use 9 thousand bobby pins.
Thanks for the help, I'll consider all of it.

As for the crimper, eh, I'm still not sure.
I guess I just don't want to buy one, and try it, and they look bad on me.

Last edited by MeWuvKitties; 08-03-2011 at 03:12 PM..
Old 08-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
Is it worth it?

A Great way to crimp hair that I know of is taking a shower then braiding your hair in a bunch of braids. The more braids the more small crimps Sorry I just wanted to say that lol. (I love crimping my hair but it makes my hair really poofy because it's so thick.)

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
So, let's see....

Old 08-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

Girley: yeah, that's normally what I do, but it ends up falling out of the braids while I'm sleeping. So that's why I was thinking about a crimper, so that I could just do it in the morning before school. But idk if I want to spend my money on one if I'm not going to like the way it turns out.

Last edited by MeWuvKitties; 08-03-2011 at 03:56 PM..
Closed

Tags
(: team kaylee!, a blue-dog-frog was here, amazing advice!, bestthreadever, dandruff hair -_-, hair, i love my webbies! <3, l a c e y, laugh often. :), love the skin you're in<3, love who you are♥, makeup, megan waz here, nice advice!, s e c r e t n i n j a, sunshiner(: <3, teamgale, vannysquez, webkinzrule2 wuz here, wish i could wear makeup, wish i wasn't ugly, [ unhindered ], ~*jennymang*~, ♥fire&ice♥, ♦ m a d e l i n e ♦